Big Four Applications 2017

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rd123456)
    Thanks ! was the logical similar to the real one in terms of difficulty also can u pls give me some advice on the work style personality questionairre as not looking forward to it
    Logic was similar. Not too difficult for PwC. I would just advise doing as much practice as possible for them. The more you do, the more you see which patterns start reappearing.*

As for the PwC questionnaire, I really don't know. Its long and repetitive. I just tried to answer honestly, but it forces you to make choices that you don't really want to. I guess you could try to balance your answers, i.e. don't repeatedly put teamwork as a dislike, but then your answers may look very inconsistent since you aren't likely to remember exactly what you put for each question.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josh_v)
    Logic was similar. Not too difficult for PwC. I would just advise doing as much practice as possible for them. The more you do, the more you see which patterns start reappearing.*

As for the PwC questionnaire, I really don't know. Its long and repetitive. I just tried to answer honestly, but it forces you to make choices that you don't really want to. I guess you could try to balance your answers, i.e. don't repeatedly put teamwork as a dislike, but then your answers may look very inconsistent since you aren't likely to remember exactly what you put for each question.*
    Is PwC questionnaire, numerical and logical? Are they SHL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Stacks)
    Is PwC questionnaire, numerical and logical? Are they SHL?
    Yeah its those 3. And I believe its SHL.*

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody received the tests for EY?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polecon)
    Has anybody received the tests for EY?

Not yet, I applied last week and still havent recieved anything.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done the BDO tests? What should I expect from the numerical test? Im about to do it today, but just trying to get prepared.

ReputationRep:
    Received invitation to take assessments from EY.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BH83)
    Anyone got/had an interview for PwC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ive done online tests got above average in both but the email said getting average or above average doesnt automoatically guarantee progression to the next stage and that youll have to wait 5 days to find out.

Hoping ive made it

Just wondering did u go score exceptional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yusuf_777)
    Ive done online tests got above average in both but the email said getting average or above average doesnt automoatically guarantee progression to the next stage and that youll have to wait 5 days to find out.

Hoping ive made it

Just wondering did u go score exceptional.
    I'm pretty sure I didn't get the highest scores so you should be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polecon)
    Received invitation to take assessments from EY.
    In my email it says they must be completed within three days, does this mean 3 working days or exactly 72 hours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nick6565)
    In my email it says they must be completed within three days, does this mean 3 working days or exactly 72 hours
    Im under the impression that it is 72 hours. It doesnt mention business days in the email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josh_v)
    Im under the impression that it is 72 hours. It doesnt mention business days in the email.
    Have you done the tests ?

ReputationRep:
    No not yet. I will be doing them tomorrow.*

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell you guys are keen.
    Whilst I'm still here, I start at Deloitte next week; if anyone wants any pointers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inazuma)
    Bloody hell you guys are keen.
    Whilst I'm still here, I start at Deloitte next week; if anyone wants any pointers.
    Did you apply to the any others apart from deloitte? What role are you going into ?Any advice for applications?

ReputationRep:
    Did you apply to the any others apart from deloitte? What role are you going into ?Any advice for applications?
    I applied extremely late (January) so unfortunately no experience of the others. I'm going into Risk Advisory (Consultancy).

Probably one important thing is to remember Professional services are all about clients. Any experience you can use to reflect that and reiterate throughout the process helps. Professional services.... Professional servants
    Similarly, professional services isn't only about smarts (that's what the tests are for), but highly regard you as a person and your fit. That's why you need to know each firms values inside out (Deloitte is big on quality for example) to ensure they will like you and you them.
    And making sure you're balanced as a person - clients and colleagues need to trust you and like you, so being a genius is not enough. Reflect that too - teamwork, interactions and generally being likeable when you hopefully get to interviews.

Also each sector is different, things like Tax or Audit require a lot more accuracy and perfection (due to the obvious risks) than perhaps consultancy etc requires, so reading as much as possible through company websites, news articles etc helps.

And don't be disheartened if you don't succeed, they get many applicants and their reasons for rejection won't always be down to much more than not fitting in.

ReputationRep:
    I've just sat the EY tests.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here applying for school leavers or is this just for grads?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BH83)
    I've just sat the EY tests.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e^x)
    How was it?
    They weren't too bad, just the standard 'situational awareness', 'business behaviour' and personality tests.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.