Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you convert to Islam for £1000 a day? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Pray and not eat certain foods?

Hell yea, a year or two and you have £500k or more just like that?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't convert at all.

£1000 is nothing.

ReputationRep:
    many think it's hard or exhausting, but honestly, it gives you indescribable calmness and relaxation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Honestly, I'd rather die than convert to Islam, or any religion for that matter. I live only to study the quantum world because therein lie the answers and/or means of finding the answers to every question ever asked.

As a scientist and as someone who has had the honour of witnessing the unfathomable beauty of the quantum world, it would be an absolute disgrace if I were to abandon the principles of objectivity and empiricism for even a moment. Once you've caught a mere glimpse of the quantum world, nothing else matters to you anymore. It's like an all-consuming urge to learn more which can't be sated by anything. No amount of money or fame is enough to distract me from my goal of aquiring more knowledge.

Religion is a hindrance to progress and to the aquisition of knowledge and as such, it's unworthy of my time and attention. Frankly, it's worthy of noone's time and attention. People deserve better than to be hosts to parasitic ideologies, but if it makes you feel happy then I guess that's something.

Oh, and for those who're thinking, "but Peroxidation you're a Buddhist, you damn hypocrite," strictly speaking Buddhism isn't a religion. You don't need to believe in all that rebirth tosh to be a Buddhist, a Buddhist is simply a person who takes refuge in the triple gem.
    Art/science would be infinitely more worth studying if there was a Creator behind. There is nothing about randomness that would come close to unfathomable beauty, and I guess it feels better to praise a Creator than His Creation/the universe. If everything came from nothing, then knowledge itself would be limited and one day it would get dull.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather get bummed by a barge pole than convert to Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Roast)
    I'd rather get bummed by a barge pole than convert to Islam.
    I laughed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    As a Muslim, do I get cash by default?
    Yes and I've already put the money in your account (fully backdated)!

(Original post by macsalaama)
    As an ex-muslim am I eligible for this?
    Of course sir.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.