Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiemckkk)
    I didn't get the idea that it was increasing, the mark scheme said that it was increasing but my point was the data shows it is decreasing...
    Ohhh okay, I haven't looked at the MS yet haha Apologies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    Ohhh okay, I haven't looked at the MS yet haha Apologies.
    Haha no problem it did make me doubt my ability to count for a while!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiemckkk)
    Haha no problem it did make me doubt my ability to count for a while!
    The rate is increasing with increasing light intensity and the time taken for the discs to rise is decreasing - they are inversely proportional!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingaaran)
    The rate is increasing with increasing light intensity and the time taken for the discs to rise is decreasing - they are inversely proportional!
    Oh does the mark scheme show rate?? Then it makes sense that it increases with increasing light intensity!

Btw, random question but is chemiosmosis a separate process from oxidative phosphorylation or is it part of oxidative phosphorylation?

ReputationRep:
    kingaaran For 1b of the photosynthesis questions, the MS states how the protons are used for chemiosmosis etc. but could you also have mentioned the fact that they reduce NADP into NADPH (along with electrons from PSI) here?

ReputationRep:
    kingaaran For question 1d, I don't think saying that the protons are actively pumped into the thylakoid space is correct, because if you look in the textbook on page 91, the Examiner tip says "always refer to protons being pumped into the intermembrane space. Don't say that they are actively transported as this implies that ATP is used and, in this case, the energy is from the electron flow, not from ATP."

ReputationRep:
    kingaaran For question 1d, I don't think saying that the protons are actively pumped into the thylakoid space is correct, because if you look in the textbook on page 91, the Examiner tip says "always refer to protons being pumped into the intermembrane space. Don't say that they are actively transported as this implies that ATP is used and, in this case, the energy is from the electron flow, not from ATP."
    No - active refers to the fact that energy is used - energy is used to pump the protons, hence it is an active process.

ReputationRep:
    kingaaran For 1b of the photosynthesis questions, the MS states how the protons are used for chemiosmosis etc. but could you also have mentioned the fact that they reduce NADP into NADPH (along with electrons from PSI) here?
    Not really because photolysis happens on the other side of the membrane to which NADP is being reduced!

ReputationRep:
    Oh does the mark scheme show rate?? Then it makes sense that it increases with increasing light intensity!

Btw, random question but is chemiosmosis a separate process from oxidative phosphorylation or is it part of oxidative phosphorylation?
    They are separate

ReputationRep:
    Not really because photolysis happens on the other side of the membrane to which NADP is being reduced!
    Whilst that is true, those H+ ions are available to combine with e- from PSI and reduce NADP to NADPH as Don Pedro K. said after passing through ATP synthase, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funky_Giraffe)
    Whilst that is true, those H+ ions are available to combine with e- from PSI and reduce NADP to NADPH as Don Pedro K. said after passing through ATP synthase, no?
    Very fair point - you should get the mark then sorrrieeees

ReputationRep:
    Can you do a set of questions on plant responses and sex linkage/linked genes/epistasis?

ReputationRep:
    Hello! These were rly great! Would you be dong it for F215 as well??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aliceeee12)
    Hello! These were rly great! Would you be dong it for F215 as well??
    Yeah - but only a few topics

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou so much! Ive been searching all over for your quotes on the other page

ReputationRep:
    What is the difference between genetic variety and genetic variation if any?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I find gene technologt to be quite difficult because i dint really understand why we do certain things for example
    Why do we break dna into fragnents before sequencing

How do we know where the gene of interest is when we use gel electrophoresis and how do we obtain the GOI?

I would really appreciate any responses

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Questions on the brain/muscles/sliding filament model uploaded

ReputationRep:
    Questions on all of Module 3/Ecology have been added - it's a big 20 page booklet consisting of 139 marks. Hope it's helpful.

I won't be writing anymore questions before the exam now, but I hope they have been useful to you all in getting you the grades you want

ReputationRep:
    Questions on all of Module 3/Ecology have been added - it's a big 20 page booklet consisting of 139 marks. Hope it's helpful.

I won't be writing anymore questions before the exam now, but I hope they have been useful to you all in getting you the grades you want
    Thanks so much for your resources this year! They've been super helpful!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.