Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    It's 2AM you weirdo
    Ikr! So why ARE you awake?

ReputationRep:
    It's not 2AM yet
    I don't really have a reason tho, i just don't have any reason to sleep i suppose :dontknow:

Revising :creep:

ReputationRep:
    Struggling with OCD.
    Can't sleep yet. May be awake for a while

ReputationRep:
    Because I'm watching Lord of the Rings like a good nerd. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    Because I'm watching Lord of the Rings like a good nerd. :ahee:
    Fellow geek staying awake for Game of Thrones at 2am.

ReputationRep:
    It's too ****in hot to sleep anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    Fellow geek staying awake for Game of Thrones at 2am.
    I want to watch GoT too but I get too scared that they'll kill my Queen :cry2:

Spoiler:
    Show
    LONG LIVE DAENERYS!

ReputationRep:
    I want to watch GoT too but I get too scared that they'll kill my Queen :cry2:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    LONG LIVE DAENERYS!

daenerys is the most boring storyline in GOT for me, literally nothing interesting about it, almost 6 season and shes still in the middle of no where. Bran is boring as well. only two i dislike,hate it when their storyline take up a lot of an episode ...bran will get better but i hopelessly pray daenerys will die

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rimstone)
    daenerys is the most boring storyline in GOT for me, literally nothing interesting about it, almost 6 season and shes still in the middle of no where. Bran is boring as well. only two i dislike,hate it when their storyline take up a lot of an episode ...
    I love Daenerys. The Lannisters and Baratheons are *******s. The Tyrells and Arya are cool too.

ReputationRep:
    I love Daenerys. The Lannisters and Baratheons are *******s. The Tyrells and Arya are cool too.
    starks were the best before most of them were killed, otherwise all the other storylines are pretty fun to watch. when i first watched GoT it was great, when i rewatched it + the new season 5 last year, i realzied it moves really slowly ..... i can't even remember what major has happened in season 6. i wish Daenerys will get to westeros already and kill everyone.
    everything in westeros seems meaningless while she has dragons and we know she's going to kill everyone, if they follow the book, which it looks like they will, shes going to go around and conquer the world, their china, then westeros, how long wil that take ?, when in almost 6 season shes taken 3 ... now 1 ****ing city. **** the slaves, kill everyone .WINTER IS COMING

ReputationRep:
    starks were the best before most of them were killed, otherwise all the other storylines are pretty fun to watch. when i first watched GoT it was great, when i rewatched it + the new season 5 last year, i realzied it moves really slowly ..... i can't even remember what major has happened in season 6. i wish Daenerys will get to westeros already and kill everyone.
    everything in westeros seems meaningless while she has dragons and we know she's going to kill everyone, if they follow the book, which it looks like they will, shes going to go around and conquer the world, their china, then westeros, how long wil that take ?, when in almost 6 season shes taken 3 ... now 1 ****ing city. **** the slaves, kill everyone .WINTER IS COMING
    You say follow the books - that hasn't happened in the books. The books are still being written. And to be honest, Martin always does what people do not want him to do; he surprises the readers a lot. Daenerys is the most deserving, just not necessarily the most capable yet.

ReputationRep:
    You say follow the books - that hasn't happened in the books. The books are still being written. And to be honest, Martin always does what people do not want him to do; he surprises the readers a lot. Daenerys is the most deserving, just not necessarily the most capable yet.
    I don't think she deserves it, she could easily win it, but her family were horrible and not even native to the land. Book wise, so far, shes going to go around and then take westeros , it looks like the show is going to do that from the last
    episode. She can't lead an army ... she can't rule ( i think shell make a alright ruler, not a great one though )but she has dragons, nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    Eating a lot

ReputationRep:
    I don't think she deserves it, she could easily win it, but her family were horrible and not even native to the land. Book wise, so far, shes going to go around and then take westeros , it looks like the show is going to do that from the last
    episode. She can't lead an army ... she can't rule ( i think shell make a alright ruler, not a great one though )but she has dragons, nuff said.
    I don't agree with your interpretations at all.

She definitely does deserve it - she is the only one who pursues the interests of the majority people and who acts kindly and justly. She makes mistakes but she is new to the position. The other leaders are deceitful, perverse, bitter and manipulative. And that is principally why they can trust nobody and are all at each other's throats; Daenerys is by far the most pure and worthy.

The Lannister family took Westeros after betraying the Targaryens. Okay, the last Targaryen king was mad and did some awful things but that doesn't mean Daenerys will - he was mentally unwell, she is not. She has the strongest claim to that throne because she is party to the original family. The Lannisters took it by force, as the others now want to do, and only gained their position by overthrowing the Targaryen rule.

Moreover, as I said, the books have not got that far and you can't really argue that's implied through the last scene because the last scene is a decent replica of what happened when Daenerys sacked Astapor, Yunkai and Mereen... she hasn't succeeded yet still. As such, I'd say you should acknowledge that there's much more to ruling than what Daenerys has currently got her head round. Having an army and dragons doesn't cut it. She has to work with the dragons and regain their respect anyway and the dragons are not even bound to her side anymore. Drogon does as he pleases and she cannot control that. She only controlled Rhaegal and Viserion through force and chains because she had no other option, as she saw it.

I also think it's unfair to say she cannot lead an army or rule. She can do both. She gained the trust of the Unsullied and managed to use them effectively. Simply because they can't be everything and everywhere at once doesn't mean anything. The Sons of Harpy operated much like a guerrilla force, hence why they seemed to have been able to act secretly and to great levels of success in Mereen. Each ruler faces and would face challenges, on the Iron Throne or elsewhere. Just because they slip up or are still learning, does not make them ineffective. I'd say she is doing a magnificent job all things considered.

ReputationRep:
    I am back, OK so yesterday I slept at 10:00 am and woke up at 3:00 and now I am eating Fish and Chips while watching Vlogs.

ReputationRep:

She definitely does deserve it - she is the only one who pursues the interests of the majority people and who acts kindly and justly. She makes mistakes but she is new to the position. The other leaders are deceitful, perverse, bitter and manipulative. And that is principally why they can trust nobody and are all at each other's throats; Daenerys is by far the most pure and worthy.

The Lannister family took Westeros after betraying the Targaryens. Okay, the last Targaryen king was mad and did some awful things but that doesn't mean Daenerys will - he was mentally unwell, she is not. She has the strongest claim to that throne because she is party to the original family. The Lannisters took it by force, as the others now want to do, and only gained their position by overthrowing the Targaryen rule.

Moreover, as I said, the books have not got that far and you can't really argue that's implied through the last scene because the last scene is a decent replica of what happened when Daenerys sacked Astapor, Yunkai and Mereen... she hasn't succeeded yet still. As such, I'd say you should acknowledge that there's much more to ruling than what Daenerys has currently got her head round. Having an army and dragons doesn't cut it. She has to work with the dragons and regain their respect anyway and the dragons are not even bound to her side anymore. Drogon does as he pleases and she cannot control that. She only controlled Rhaegal and Viserion through force and chains because she had no other option, as she saw it.

I also think it's unfair to say she cannot lead an army or rule. She can do both. She gained the trust of the Unsullied and managed to use them effectively. Simply because they can't be everything and everywhere at once doesn't mean anything. The Sons of Harpy operated much like a guerrilla force, hence why they seemed to have been able to act secretly and to great levels of success in Mereen. Each ruler faces and would face challenges, on the Iron Throne or elsewhere. Just because they slip up or are still learning, does not make them ineffective. I'd say she is doing a magnificent job all things considered.
    I would agree with your interp 100%, but i really like history and looking at past kings and queens, in our world, which i know GoT isnt, i think she isnt that great, She can't lead an army, in the sense she had no tactical knowledge, she cant fight or give orders, such as formations , she had 8000 spears, which are weak solider, made more for holding ground than killling people. she has 2000 merc, which are merc, they run away from battle, they fight for money and have no loyalty , she does have dragons though . here army is pretty crap really, she has some great generals, but her as a general, like peter the great or louis the 14th .. doesnt work.
    As a ruler, kind rulers never win really, though i like here rule. she was unable to hold 3 cities, and she attempt to destroy thier culture.... she made the mistake of many past ruler in the real world, and from that you can claim she just isnt a great ruler. though i can see her getting better .
    Id she was on the iron throne, while the books started, she would be 100% dead by now... since she doesnt seem ready for the ''game'' or to rule. the best leaders in the world were not kind or pure, they were deceitful, perverse, bitter and manipulative.people.. just how the world works, though some pure great people have done well in our world.

Targaryens just united the 7 kingdoms, through blood and the blade. if you want the original family , youll have to look at the starks, who were from the first men and native to the land. she has no claim to the throne really, shes lucky she is even alive/spared. The baratheon took the throne, or the rebel, and the ''baratheon'' cough cough are still on the throne . not the Lannister , though we know they are . the Lannister is really the best family to rule, though their mines are closed .... so how are they getting all the money, which makes them the best.

I like her as a person, but her storyline is slow and not relevant, she the random storyline i hate when it comes on. she need to get into westors before winter and the white walker come, i need to know if dragons can kill white walkers .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollycatb)
    About how I'm going 2 fail everything and resort to drug use but fundamentally, it doesn't matter bc I'm insignificant

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Right with ya lol. But that's not existential for me, it actually is true. I have failed. The longer I stay at Uni the worse I get. I should've been brave and left earlier and started working with the credentials I had when my grades were good and therefore my self esteem was good. Instead of trying to camp out at Uni waiting to receive a shiny piece of paper called a degree that I could wave in ppl's faces and hide behind when looking for a job. Who am I kidding? Uni is a scam lol if you don't have a transition plan. Otherwise it's just wasted years and money...My mum doesn't know I've failed and have to pay money back...yet...

well anyway enough about me are you at uni :\

ReputationRep:

:toofunny: Reading the bold bit at first I thought you two were talking about something serious. Like politics. And that was a rousing intellectual debate I stumbled over. And then I read Daenerys.

And I just started cracking up like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    :toofunny: Reading the bold bit at first I thought you two were talking about something serious. Like politics. And that was a rousing intellectual debate I stumbled over. And then I read Daenerys.

And I just started cracking up like.
    :rofl:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.