Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by bat_man)
    What day does it start for ahmadiyyas? :mmm:
    Cheeky fam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    It does, if you scroll down to the first day of Ramadan and go to the June 6th Monday it says Saudi Arabia (officially announced)
    Ah I didn't spot that.
    Saudi Arabia:
    1. Seen: MCW member Mr Muhammad H Zulqarnain from Riyadh reported: It is officially announced in Saudi Arabia that based on sighting, the first day of Ramadan is on June 6, 2016 (Monday).
    Now we'll have to see if ANY other country has spotted the moon

:nooo:

My life for the next 30 days :nopity:

:laugh: #jk ...nonetheless my energy is going to be gone. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Sorry to be stupid but im genuinly curious,
    does it move about or something or is there a set day? im not muslim and i dont get out a lot i apologise but im genuinly interested

yh, every year it changes, it goes back 10 days

so last yr the last day was on the 17th of july
    this yr its on the 7th

ReputationRep:
    Moon sighting conditions:

Name:  1437rmd_6-5-2016.gif
Views: 95
Size:  45.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariam687)

this yr its on the 7th
    *11 days miss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Someboady)
    Ah I didn't spot that.
    Saudi Arabia:
    1. Seen: MCW member Mr Muhammad H Zulqarnain from Riyadh reported: It is officially announced in Saudi Arabia that based on sighting, the first day of Ramadan is on June 6, 2016 (Monday).
    Now we'll have to see if ANY other country has spotted the moon
    Most mosques/countries go by saudi anyway..my mosque has confirmed Monday. But my cousins mosque has confirmed Tuesday which means that we will be celebrating Eid on different days ..... again

this yr its on the 7th
    Oh thank you very much so is it sometimes in the winter if it goes back 10 days all the time?
    thank you for answering and um happy Ramadan? If that is what you say im so sorry for my ignorance :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OGGUS)
    *11 days miss
    really?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zara0526)
    Most mosques/countries go by saudi anyway..my mosque has confirmed Monday. But my cousins mosque has confirmed Tuesday which means that we will be celebrating Eid on different days ..... again
    True. But is this the right way? To leave the tradition of Moon Sighting and just follow "Saudi" Arabia?

It doesn't necessarily mean we'll celebrate Eid on different days. The moon must be sighted for Eid also

ReputationRep:
    Oh thank you very much so is it sometimes in the winter if it goes back 10 days all the time?
    thank you for answering and um happy Ramadan? If that is what you say im so sorry for my ignorance :getmecoat:
    your cute and funny.

ReputationRep:
    i just want the weather to be bright but breezy

Yeah we have had Ramadan in the winter. Awh bless..

ReputationRep:
    really?
    Yeah, and it was on the Thursday18thJune last year

ReputationRep:
    No problem
    theres no particular way of saying it
    but most say "ramadan mubarak"

haha, no need to be sorry, you were just be curious!

(Original post by OGGUS)
    your cute and funny.
    im so sorry i dont mean to be I just like learning things and i live in a very small place so have never seen this Ramadan thing before hope you enjoy yourself :hugs:

Yeah we have had Ramadan in the winter. Awh bless..
    Oh ok thank you was just wondering if it was like that summer solstice thing
    have a good time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OGGUS)
    Yeah, and it was on the Thursday18thJune last year
    i swear it was on the 17th?!

ReputationRep:
    :ahee: Ramadan Mubarak to all the Muslim Ummah! :ahee:

im so sorry i dont mean to be I just like learning things and i live in a very small place so have never seen this Ramadan thing before hope you enjoy yourself :hugs:

Oh ok thank you was just wondering if it was like that summer solstice thing
    have a good time
    Small place? Yeah I've had someone ask me about Ramadan before and how the moon thing worked and I wasn't sure of the answer myself and felt bad for not knowing.

Small place? Yeah I've had someone ask me about Ramadan before and how the moon thing worked and I wasn't sure of the answer myself and felt bad for not knowing.
    Yeh it is practically 100% white not saying muslims cant be white or anything just that it is very traditional christian thingy here
    awwww dw thank you for all your input :hugs: and dw cos i was brought up Christian but know hardly anything about Jesus and that so dw
    have a good Ramadan :hugs:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.