The Student Room Group

Islamic Thread AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kraixo
If you masturbate your fast will be broken anyways that should be sufficient to repel you from such corrupted material. Remember there is no shaitan in Ramadan to do was was/Whispers so it should be much easier to quit. DONT WATCH any material which contains sexually arousing content such as anime tv ads/shows etc. And go to the mosque for your 5 daily salat if you can.

Trust me it's easier than you think all you have to do is try and with Allah permission you will have too much fear to watch such filth.

yh and lower your gaze on the streets etc <-- pro tip.

Lmao. I wouldn't survive 1 week as a Muslim in Ramadan 😂
Original post by Zara0526
Thats what the nasheed artist Omar Esa does - when i checked with my Masjid/School of thought they said that yes it is now halal music therefore muslims can listen to it :smile:

OMAR ESA HAS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL VOICE MASHALLAH

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eden3
Wtf? AMA = Ask me anything.

nice pp
Reply 63
Original post by AD41629
nice pp

Reply 64
Original post by LastMinReviseGuy

Listening to Music is sinful, due to it being a waste of time.

Being on TSR must be the biggest sin of all, then. Actually, all things that do not involve becoming closer to God or fulfilling basic biological needs must be sins.

''One who has Music in his brain, cannot memorise the Quran.''

Demonstrably not true.

Two opposite cannot coexist with each other, is that not reasonable thinking?

Firstly, opposites can exist side by side. Light and dark, for instance. Secondly, music and the Quran are not opposites. Different, but not opposites.

All in all, utter nonsense.
Original post by LastMinReviseGuy

I know i said i would answer all the questions as one, but being an Ex-Muslim is the greatest sin a Human can commit. You asked for my opinion, so i'll state it. In my own words, it's like being shown where the correct path is and you deny even seeing it. You get where i'm coming from. I know every other religion would say the same. It's just i feel the same way.

"[...] And Allah guides whom He wills to a straight path." (Quran 24:46)

"And We did not send any messenger except [speaking] in the language of his people to state clearly for them, and Allah sends astray [thereby] whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise." (Quran 14:4)

"Abdullah (b. Mas'ud) reported that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) who is the most truthful (of the human beings) and his being truthful (is a fact) said:Verily your creation is on this wise. The constituents of one of you are collected for forty days in his mother's womb in the form of blood, after which it becomes a clot of blood in another period of forty days. Then it becomes a lump of flesh and forty days later Allah sends His angel to it with instructions concerning four things, so the angel writes down his livelihood, his death, his deeds, his fortune and misfortune. By Him, besides Whom there is no god, that one amongst you acts like the people deserving Paradise until between him and Paradise there remains but the distance of a cubit, when suddenly the writing of destiny overcomes him and he begins to act like the denizens of Hell and thus enters Hell, and another one acts in the way of the denizens of Hell, until there remains between him and Hell a distance of a cubit that the writing of destiny overcomes him and then he begins to act like the people of Paradise and enters Paradise." (Muslim 46 1)

"Hudhaifa b. Usaid reported directly from Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) that he said:When the drop of (semen) remains in the womb for forty or fifty (days) or forty nights, the angel comes and says: My Lord, will he be good or evil? And both these things would be written. Then the angel says: My Lord, would he be male or female? And both these things are written. And his deeds and actions, his death, his livelihood; these are also recorded. Then his document of destiny is rolled and there is no addition to nor subtraction from it." (Muslim 46 3)

We didn't choose the haraam life, the haraam life chose us. On that note, do you believe we were destined to be ex-muslims?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RobML
Being on TSR must be the biggest sin of all, then.Actually, all things that do not involve becoming closer to God or fulfillingbasic biological needs must be sins.

Demonstrably not true.

Firstly, opposites can exist side by side. Light and dark, for instance.Secondly, music and the Quran are not opposites. Different, but not opposites.

Cherry picker.

Did you know when you're having a conversation you don't plunge right intothe nitty gritty aspect of the conversation?
Makes you look hostile, was that your intention?

Nevertheless, let’s get down to business. How i phrased some of my postswere not 100% correct. So let me rephrase or expand on the points i made.

In Islam, wasting time which could have been used to benefit increase thenumber of good deeds you have done is sinful. This includes being on TSR, likeyou mentioned.

I believe Allah SWT will ask the Umma (people) how they spent their times,and what benefits and deeds they reaped from doing so?

Wasting time is a minor sin, however, it's still a sin. (Go ahead and tellevery Muslim on here, they're accumulating sins)

I was taught to utter good words whenever i can, so if you see a Muslim onthe bus or street whispering to himself , know that he is praising his Lord andit's an act of worship.

Ok, onto my next point. Keep the concentration up. Yes opposites do exist.Like you mentioned Light and Dark. On this point you're entirely correct, i hadnot finished explaining myself. Tends to happen when i'm writing a long postfreestyle.

I believe, Quran is the epitome of Faith and Music is a mechanisms ofShaytan (devil). The music simply overrides the Quran within your mind. It'seither one or the other. Yes they can both co-exist at the same time withinyour mind, but as one increases the other decreases. It's a strong Negativecorrelation.

Is that it? I thought you made more points. I guess it's just me thinkingtoo into it.

Anyways, i am in no way capable of answering all the questions you haveregarding Islam.
My reaction to your hostile phrasing just goes to show i am incapable ofdoing so. I guess we both learnt something, well i hope we both did.
Yes and I am looking forward to it. How about you X
Original post by RobML
Being on TSR must be the biggest sin of all, then. Actually, all things that do not involve becoming closer to God or fulfilling basic biological needs must be sins.

Demonstrably not true.

Firstly, opposites can exist side by side. Light and dark, for instance. Secondly, music and the Quran are not opposites. Different, but not opposites.

you don't make sense, you are speaking with zero knowledge, such foolishness.
Reply 69
Original post by Kraixo

Mind telling me why?
Original post by RobML
Mind telling me why?

No don't have time to waste.
Reply 71
Original post by Kraixo
No don't have time to waste.

Why bother telling me I'm wrong if you can't be bothered telling me why? It's just white noise.
Original post by RobML
Why bother telling me I'm wrong if you can't be bothered telling me why? It's just white noise.

Pretty sure i explained it to you. I don't want this turning into a flame thread. Your questions are welcome.

Original post by Kraixo

Don't call him foolish, that's not the correct way to approach it. Why would anyone listen to someone who is insulting them?
He clearly has knowledge, he seems intellectual to a certain degree. He might hold a pHD as far as you know.

Lets try to have a civilised conversation. No need for anyone to resort to insults.
Original post by RobML

Firstly, opposites can exist side by side. Light and dark, for instance.

No they can't. How does one have light in a pitch black room whilst keeping the darkness consistent?
Reply 74
Original post by champ_mc99
No they can't. How does one have light in a pitch black room whilst keeping the darkness consistent?

Exist side by side, not in the exact same place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest