Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

There is one thing I hate about vegans... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greatguy 695)
    One thing I hate about meat eaters is that they are murderers
    Lamb and veal always taste better when you slaughter the animal yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Fair enough, I'm actually anaemic so need more iron than an average person, supplements aren't ever enough and I don't like spinach or broccoli (occasionally I eat it) and all sorts so a lot of my iron comes from meat or say eggs for example.
    You will have to excuse my dark sense of humour (it is kind of tongue in cheek) but you seem able to see it for what it is.

There are different schools of thought in the nutrition community. I have not seen any definitive evidence that suggests that the eating of animals is required to gain enough iron under any circumstances.

It is a scientific area however and it is not for me to suggest that that is 100% true. What I am saying is that I have seen this and similar arguments about requiring meat and they usually do not hold up to scrutiny. It is up to you what you do at the end of the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greatguy 697)
    No can you post the link?
    I had the link attached in the original post (x) (scroll down)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arima)
    I had the link attached in the original post (x) (scroll down)
    How can you tell it malnourished?

All I can see is its head.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a meat eater or vegan before you lot start.

While some vegans can be very preachy, in my experience meat eaters are more often massive dicks about veganism. Like the topic of veganism will come up and almost without fail, you'll have that one prick saying that same vegan joke "How do you know if someone's a vegan... " or saying **** like "mmm i love chicken so much" ect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greatguy 698)
    How can you tell it malnourished?

All I can see is its head.
    There are many comments below the picture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    they have this annoying manner of preaching their beliefs upon others and basically making me feel guilty for eating meat, it's my choice and you can't expect everyone to go vegan. One day I will go vegan to see what it is like but whenever I eat something or the topic of food comes up, my friend, who is vegan likes to point out what is wrong with not being vegan, despite actually saying that they 'aren't the preaching type,'

I know not all vegans are like that but please DON'T make me or anyone guilty for eating meat, it pisses me off. The guilt rides inside me and I feel bad for eating meat and dairy products but I can't commit to veganism 100%, I need the iron. :cry2:

Rant over, anyone else felt this way? And please no comments about 'I feel the same way about Islam/Muslims'.

And I am not generalising in any way, these are simply people I know.
    Talk about generalisation! I hate how you have the vegans like Freelee and the ones that preach then everyone thinks all vegans are like that...

What I HATE about meat eaters (especially ones that say i would go vegan but...i like the taste of meat etc) is them saying but i need the iron/protien/etc when it is soo easy to get those vitamins and minerals (the only one you cant get is B12. (Which is found in the dirt)).

Oh AND that they murder billions of innocent animals just because they like the taste of it.

ReputationRep:
    agreed. atheists are the same. its like f*** off and get a life already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ELVsLP)
    agreed. atheists are the same. its like f*** off and get a life already
    They have a life, They have had a life since the day they were born and they'll have a life until the day they die.

Christians and meat eaters are the worse.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.