Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't the 0.2 the mass used in a different experiment though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pharmhopeful16)
    Wasn't the 0.2 the mass used in a different experiment though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Honestly mate, no one knows anymore😂. The maths in chemistry AS this year has been harder than C1 :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RasputinReborn)
    Honestly mate, no one knows anymore😂. The maths in chemistry AS this year has been harder than C1 :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I completely agree 😂 id take another C2 over the maths in chem. Someone put on Twitter how they've lowered to boundaries. I also heard a school gave the paper to a teacher with a PHD in maths and he couldn't do them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I completely agree 😂 id take another C2 over the maths in chem. Someone put on Twitter how they've lowered to boundaries. I also heard a school gave the paper to a teacher with a PHD in maths and he couldn't do them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What? No way, PhD in maths? 😂 well tbf, I doubt maths teachers do as much converting between units as us😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RasputinReborn)
    What? No way, PhD in maths? 😂 well tbf, I doubt maths teachers do as much converting between units as us😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    True 😂 but yeah apparently anyway. The chem teachers disagreed with each other on like 15 marks too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wouldn't be surprised if overall for Chemistry this year it was A)60% B)50% C)40% etc... usually from what I can tell it's about A)75% B)65% C)60% etc... It's difficult for anyone to be able to predict grade boundaries but the papers this year were considerably more difficult than any past paper I revised from the old spec. I guess it all depends on how people have really done.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an answer between 366/367 for O-H enthalpy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemSinceDaay...)
    Anyone got an answer between 366/367 for O-H enthalpy?
    It was C-H and I had 300 something. Though according to the Internet we're both wrong as it is 413kJmol-1. Do you reckon WJEC used its own average bond enthalpies since you could memorise them prior to an exam and just answer a 4 marker without any working out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Both enthalpies are different for every compound guys. When you look online that is the average bond enthalpy so the energy required to break that bond in every single compound divided by how many compounds it is in. So for our compound it could very well have been 300 something. That's what I got also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elliottmanwaring)
    Both enthalpies are different for every compound guys. When you look online that is the average bond enthalpy so the energy required to break that bond in every single compound divided by how many compounds it is in. So for our compound it could very well have been 300 something. That's what I got also.
    I think my answer was 388 or 389, I remember rounding up to one of them because the O2 was 3.5 so it gave an answer in decimals that you had to round up. Do you reckon sticking 3.5 in front of O2 gets a mark? 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can someone upload the paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steven7891)
    Can someone upload the paper
    And an unofficial mark scheme

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.