Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Window 10 will force me to download in less than 8 hours Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Except for you, no one will know :innocent:
    Haven't used that so can't comment (I'm rooted so I can't update).
    But android Honeycomb FTW!! :jive:
    I like how we've gone from windows to ios to android haha!
    Haha
    Fair enough. I wanted to root my phone but scared of bricking it lol
    Same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)
    When the notification will come up it will have an option asking ti reschedule it. Don't stress. Just click on the reschedule button to set it for another date. You can carry on doing this every so often and that way your computer won't install the updates. However if you want to try another method to stop these updates then I can give you the steps to do that?
    Ordo I see you want to get rid of the notification.

Method 1:Keep rescheduling the update to the latest date possible to select.

Method 2:The first method can get annoying so you can try something else.

Uninstall "KB3035583" after doing so you will be prompted to reboot your computer.

How to uninstall KB3035583:
    Open up Windows Update and click on "View update history".
    Click on "Installed Updates".In the search box which is in the upper right corner type in "KB3035583". If the update is on your system it will show up in the results.
    Click on the KB3035583 entry which should appear in the search results and you will be asked if you are sure you want to uninstall it.
    Click yes to remove it.

This update may happen automatically again to get KB3035583 again which will send you notifications and pop-ups to get Windows 10. So you should change your update setting by disabling any automatic updates and only allowing updates by selection.

This is what I've done and it seems to do the job, only annoying bit is to do the updates on my laptop by selection. Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Here here! In the mean time, it can't even solve the problem to your avatar not showing up.
    dammit, I even reuploaded it :cry:

do you have an internet filter that's blocking my beautiful face?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)
    Ordo I see you want to get rid of the notification.

Method 1:Keep rescheduling the update to the latest date possible to select.

Method 2:The first method can get annoying so you can try something else.

Uninstall "KB3035583" after doing so you will be prompted to reboot your computer.

How to uninstall KB3035583:
    Open up Windows Update and click on "View update history".
    Click on "Installed Updates".In the search box which is in the upper right corner type in "KB3035583". If the update is on your system it will show up in the results.
    Click on the KB3035583 entry which should appear in the search results and you will be asked if you are sure you want to uninstall it.
    Click yes to remove it.

This update may happen automatically again to get KB3035583 again which will send you notifications and pop-ups to get Windows 10. So you should change your update setting by disabling any automatic updates and only allowing updates by selection.

This is what I've done and it seems to do the job, only annoying bit is to do the updates on my laptop by selection. Hope this helps.
    Hi

I removed update 'KB3035583' and changed the date.

Thanks for ur help - take my rep

P.S.
    Your profile pic/avatar is terrifying - i mean you have evil face holding a mask that pretending to be nice
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Alexion)
    dammit, I even reuploaded it :cry:

do you have an internet filter that's blocking my beautiful face?
    Nope - I'm on my phone right now using the desktop site and I have no Ad blocker or whatsoever installed, it's so bizarre.

ReputationRep:
    Nope - I'm on my phone right now using the desktop site and I have no Ad blocker or whatsoever installed, it's so bizarre.
    How 'bout now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ordo)
    Hi

I removed update 'KB3035583' and changed the date.

Thanks for ur help - take my rep

P.S.
    Your profile pic/avatar is terrifying - i mean you have evil face holding a mask that pretending to be nice
    Thank you. Glad to help.

It's not an evil face omg. I'm just upset but hiding it.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    How 'bout now?
    Nope it's still the same

ReputationRep:
    Nope it's still the same
    ... :emo:

Just imagine the hottest guy you know and imagine his face there, it's not quite up to my standards but it'll do :yep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :rofl: dw you're not missing out on much
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    ... :emo:

Just imagine the hottest guy you know and imagine his face there, it's not quite up to my standards but it'll do :yep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :rofl: dw you're not missing out on much
    I'm staring at him right now

I SEE YOU! :lol: I can finally see your handsome face.

ReputationRep:
    I'm staring at him right now

I SEE YOU! :lol: I can finally see your handsome face.
    :woo: :daydreaming:

I'm sure it was a bit of an anticlimax after all that :rofl:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    :woo: :daydreaming:

I'm sure it was a bit of an anticlimax after all that :rofl:
    No it was refreshing to finally get rid of that ugly little green thing on your avatar because the avatar image broke, how did you take your selfie like that, it looks very birds eye view.

ReputationRep:
    No it was refreshing to finally get rid of that ugly little green thing on your avatar because the avatar image broke, how did you take your selfie like that, it looks very birds eye view.
    I did this unusual thing called lying down and holding my phone above my head :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    Windows XP is still the best.. but yes i was forced to update to Windows 10 and actually it's pretty good! Bargain too
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I did this unusual thing called lying down and holding my phone above my head :innocent:
    Lol my face ends up squashed if I do that! :rofl: too many times my phone has ended up on my face. You know what, you remind me of a YouTube vlogger, I'm surprised you don't have your own channel. :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    Lol my face ends up squashed if I do that! :rofl: too many times my phone has ended up on my face. You know what, you remind me of a YouTube vlogger, I'm surprised you don't have your own channel. :innocent:
    People would get bored very quickly, I may have a nice face and voice but I have nothing to say :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Nooooo!
    Windows 8 FTW!!!
    Windows 8 loll

ReputationRep:
    disable auto updates
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    People would get bored very quickly, I may have a nice face and voice but I have nothing to say :rofl:
    No way, you're pretty cool! I started a channel last year, did two videos and I gave up, only did Sims speed builds but I may make more gaming videos but it is so tough, I'm too lazy! :lol:

OMG I KNOW WHO YOU REMIND ME OF! Charlieissocoolike

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    Haha
    Fair enough. I wanted to root my phone but scared of bricking it lol
    Same
    I guess it shall never be spoken of again haha!
    Ah i see. I found a good tutorial for mine so i just went for it!
    Its a random convo :lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.