Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel computer science 08/06/16 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synx-b)
    Yeah, last year only about 540 people in the entire country did edexcel computer science :/
    I think even fewer did it this year! Which is good in a way haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would it be possible for someone in the community to create a mock mark scheme? I really want one!

ReputationRep:
    Would it be possible for someone in the community to create a mock mark scheme? I really want one!
    I'll start off, I guess.

Q1 (a) What is the purpose of a protocol? A set of rules that enable the communication between devices.

(b) What is the high-speed internet infrastructure? I said 'Connecting Backbone' or it could be 'Tier 1 ISP'. This needs reviewing.

(c) What is the network topology? Ring

Q2 (a) Networks - (forgot the answers - it was a tickbox).

(b) The purpose of encryption in networks - I said to verify the sender or it can protect the data.

(c) Cartesian Coordinates (Turtles) - (2,3)

Q2 (a) Legislations - forgot the answers....

ReputationRep:
    Man, I definitly got Q1)b wrong :/ I hope I make up for it in the rest of the paper. Really want an A* but I doubt I will get it. I got 48 in my coursework aswell so I couldn't make it any easier :////

ReputationRep:
    Man, I definitly got Q1)b wrong :/ I hope I make up for it in the rest of the paper. Really want an A* but I doubt I will get it. I got 48 in my coursework aswell so I couldn't make it any easier :////
    Well, you got an A* in the coursework which means if you got a solid/high A then you can get an A*...just.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stormblazer999)
    Well, you got an A* in the coursework which means if you got a solid/high A then you can get an A*...just.
    Lets Hope so

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE: Has anyone got round to making a more complete mock mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE: Has anyone got round to making a more complete mock mark scheme?
    Very hard subject to create a mock mark scheme in my opinion! Best thing is to just discuss lol and search on the internet and textbooks whether your answers are correct

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    I know!!! Omfg what numbers did you get? I got 1, 2, 4, in the beginning and then I got like 2, 3 something hahaha I literally guessed😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A trace table is when you track what the varibles are at diffrent lines in the code, the last set of questions was just machine code for a while loop,

And the html was using the <li> tag, so it would be something like...

<Li>
    <P1> first word <\p1>
    <P1> second word <\p1>
    </Li>

I think you get a mark for the 'li' tag, which makes bullet points, one for doing the paragraph taggs and the last mark for compleation.

I think i counted my marks up to be like 84/90, i think i messed up on the binary search one, had no clue, just split it down the middle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stormblazer999)
    I also said that the files are organised. I didn't really know what to say to be honest.

Haha lool, I would laugh if you got that right.

I flopped this question - I think I got 1 out of 3 marks.
    I think there wasent that much to say about this question, you could have said about user areas, placing more impotant files closer to the center of the disk for faster r/w speeds but that dosent allow for solid state drives, the only other thing i could think is about the folder systems and how the os branches data into a folder /file system

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 11, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.