The Student Room Group

M1 June 2016 Model Answers Edexcel (with paper)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reesharr
Again, if my examiner colleague is to be believed, they will take your improved graph if that is correct.

Apologies if youve already answered this but if my graph is correct shape/plotted points etc but doesnt intersect how many of the 4 marks do i lose?
Original post by Reesharr
One of my colleagues is an Edexcel A-level maths examiner and says they're told to make every effort to award marks. So based on what he says, I think that's guaranteed. :smile:

This must be why a lot of people do slightly better than expected, especially if they've been doing well all throughout the year.
Reply 62
Original post by ajaxkiller
can i just ask, how do you get access to these papers in such short time?

you can't ask
Original post by kprime2
Trickier than usual. Hell lot of simultaneous equations seems to be the trend in some of these recent papers.

q3, q6 and 7a will probably be answered poorly.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3xSC6XqSy7kR3dhWDRkRGx0eFk

My answers using g have been given to 3sf. 2sf of course is also accepted.

(just a heads up, I will be posting answers to C3, C4 and some of the other modules too)

s1 edexcel?
Reply 64
Original post by kprime2
Trickier than usual. Hell lot of simultaneous equations seems to be the trend in some of these recent papers.

(just a heads up, I will be posting answers to C3, C4 and some of the other modules too)

You're wonderful
Reply 65
Original post by Pnashk1
You're wonderful

But my friend if you would allow me to presume such what of D1 and M2
Reply 66
Original post by Pnashk1
You're wonderful

N'aw stop it
How many marks do you think I've lost on Q. 7 a) because I copied F1 as 1i and 2j not -1i and 2j. So my final answer was 0.5i and 0.5j :/
Reply 68
Original post by kprime2
I think they should be under 60 for an A. 65 should be 90 at least. 60 should be a low A

Confirmed - 64 for an A. Was well off there with my prediction.
Quite surprised though, I thought this was a tricky paper.
Original post by kprime2

Very surprised about GCE M1, I thought 60/61 would be decent for an A on this paper. On the contrary, IAL M1 has 56/75 for an A and 68/75 for full UMS, which (I appeared for) and I feel are way too nice boundaries. I was expecting more like 59/75 for an A.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by kprime2

Original post by SaadKaleem
Very surprised about GCE M1, I thought 60/61 would be decent for an A on this paper. On the contrary, IAL M1 has 56/75 for an A and 68/75 for full UMS, which (I appeared for) and feel are way too nice boundaries. I was expecting more like 59/75 for an A.

It makes me so sad...

I was really rooting for 90 UMS
Original post by kprime2

64 for an A on this...pretty unexpected.
Only got 85 ums cause high grade boundaries

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending