Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iknowbest)
    This topic about the NHS and that it might be bought by another corporation keeps getting brought up. I need to find out some information before I carry on:

How much per year does the NHS cost the taxpayer?
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/583...-going-to-rise
    http://www.theguardian.com/society/n...i-cost-the-nhs

2 different figures and I would say they are both high.. I would agree that for each person it costs approx £1000 per year in our tax money? Is this a fair estimate?

So even this "free" NHS actually costs us almost £100 per month..

Surely if it was privatized.. HUGE changes to the business model would change with Management Salaries to start with.. and many other financial savings, although the new owners would want to make a profit of course, so this might balance this out!

I would be happy to have my taxes reduced by £100 per month and pay this into an Insurance Card (CameronCare) scheme.. in order to be covered..

I have used the Emergency services 1 time in the last 15 years.. and I understand others use it more or less even! So in that respect I would be HAPPY to put £100 per month into a EMERGENCY funds account... and pay for my treatment! I would have approx £15,000 in there minus my 1 hour treatment for a small head injury.. (i could have claimed on insurance to be fair and got £1000 in damages but that's another story )
    Do you think you will vote in or out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pro4TLZZ)
    all the remain campaigners were bullying Boris. They have no idea on what to do with immigration. I support leave who actually gave arguments
    Yeah...!! I agree.. Whenever they commented on the leave members it was always Boris... 'All you care about is number 10'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urbanlocations)
    I totally agree with you... but I think the public will get scared and vote remain.

Will you be voting in or out?
    I have been against the EU for years, ever since I discovered how much power it has over Britain and how much of a rotten deal we have with the EU. We are by far the most exploited country - we continually pay more, get the least value for our contributions, are out voted more than any other country and are expected to be told what to do by people nobody in the UK voted for or even know the names of. The latest polls do indicate growing support for a Brexit but I too fear the scaremongering from the Remain side will result in many uninformed Brits choosing to Remain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ATW1)
    I have been against the EU for years, ever since I discovered how much power it has over Britain and how much of a rotten deal we have with the EU. We are by far the most exploited country - we continually pay more, get the least value for our contributions, are out voted more than any other country and are expected to be told what to do by people nobody in the UK voted for or even know the names of. The latest polls do indicate growing support for a Brexit but I too fear the scaremongering from the Remain side will result in many uninformed Brits choosing to Remain.
    That's exactly my vote!!! The remains will win. Although I will be voting leave.

ReputationRep:
    I am certainly voting out.. just the NHS issue is not important for me. We already pay for it.. Yes, circumstances could change for me and I could need it more often in the future and then it could end up costing a lot of money for me. Hopefully with a better insurance or care system though it would be ok.

Also there is no defending that we have had huge immigration figures in recent times and this has been uncontrolled.

The money £350 or £200Million (a lot of tax payers money in either case) we pay to the EU to simply be a member! We then get access to the Single Market (woopdydoo) and we have their permission to trade! Is there anything else we get? It helps us to gain Investment from other countries it is stated?!! I am pretty sure without the EU we will be able just as strong! We should really thank the EU for being so great! What a joke!

EU members and leaders that I did not vote for nor know much about.. I am not ignorant but still know very little about many of the members! We are one country out of 28! We have very little say and Cameron couldn't even reform anything he wanted to!

Cameron admitted himself he would only want to be in a REFORMED EU.. yet no or very little reform was made in 12 months! Yet Cameron still wants IN even still.... absolute JOKE of a Prime Minister.. and absolute JOKE of an EU Commission setup.. with many failing Country members..

BRIC nations growing faster (although slowed due to US and EU sanctions and propaganda and Oil manipulation etc etc etc.. bullying countries to keep the power! I would rather join the BRIC nations than be in the EU!!

Anymore... lol

(Original post by urbanlocations)
    Do you think you will vote in or out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EuanF)
    Is this all the remain argument is boiling down to in the last few days of the referendum? "Boris is silly."? Don't be surprised when we leave.
    Well, that and "if you don't agree with us you're a small-minded bigot for some reason" and "if we leave then your family will die of starvation". It's pretty much based on an obvious distain for the voters, which is why there has been a surge in support for Brexit.

The campaign for Brexit has been crap as well though (with the exception - as I noted in another thread - the Labour Leave campaign). The onus is on them to outline a viable alternative future in the event that they get their way. They've provided nothing. I for one will not for "pffffffttt, dunno". Look, there's boldness and bravery in taking risks and backing yourself to be a big success, but then there's playing in traffic. This is playing in traffic. "Nah, man, don't tell me I shouldn't play in traffic, that's just fear mongering!!"

As for the ITV debate, I haven't had the chance to watch it yet but I hear Gisela Stuart and that Eddie Izzard predictably made an absolute **** of himself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    Pretty awful debate all round, largely due to the format. Too many people.

Can't see it making any difference whatsoever.
    Completely disagree this isn't about individuals but two different campaigns this was the first debate that got the format correct

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.