Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A2 Edexcel Drama and theatre Studies Unit 4 exam 20/06/2016 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellahargetdash)
    I'm doing Dr Faustus!!
    Yaay!, what section do you think will come up for section A this year?
    And what's your section B concept like? I've taken influence on an Artaudian concept of Dr Faustus, think they're so much to explore and do with the material.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else feel really unprepared as they dont know how to revise?

ReputationRep:
    I do, I've just written everything into my script and I hope that'll help me tomorrow. I've literally done nothing for this exam today apart from that 😅

ReputationRep:
    I've done nothing apart from put rehearsal technoques and a **** load of section B stuff in my folder.. That's all you can do really?

ReputationRep:
    Are we allowed to have paragraphs in our scripts???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessicaxxx1)
    Are we allowed to have paragraphs in our scripts???
    Technically no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iyi123)
    Technically no
    Omg my teacher told our whole class to prewrite the paragraphs we will use in our scripts!

ReputationRep:
    Omg my teacher told our whole class to prewrite the paragraphs we will use in our scripts!
    I'm sure I heard you just write it our as notes but not a proper paragraph. You pretend its not a paragraph when it is.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure I heard you just write it our as notes but not a proper paragraph. You pretend its not a paragraph when it is.
    No no she told us to write proper full paragraphs about sound lighting ect

ReputationRep:
    No no she told us to write proper full paragraphs about sound lighting ect
    You think we will get disqualified?

ReputationRep:
    Bruh

ReputationRep:
    how'd everyone find it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skytrenfield)
    how'd everyone find it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was an odd exam i didn't like it, but I didn't find it particularly difficult

ReputationRep:
    Well I messed up the timing for that. decided to do section C first spent more than an hour...then did section A, and went over time for that...And then I had 35 minutes to do section B 😱 but I actually managed to finish everything at the end. Chucked in a tone of examples, OPC and techniques. Hopefully I got a high B/A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaotic.school)
    Well I messed up the timing for that. decided to do section C first spent more than an hour...then did section A, and went over time for that...And then I had 35 minutes to do section B 😱 but I actually managed to finish everything at the end. Chucked in a tone of examples, OPC and techniques. Hopefully I got a high B/A
    I didn't use many examples in my section B ad C, I'd say I used 3 per point made; do you think I'll be penalised for that?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't use many examples in my section B ad C, I'd say I used 3 per point made; do you think I'll be penalised for that?
    Thing is, it's not about how many you put in, it's all about... have you described them in enough detail that the examiner will be able to visualise it, and have you analysed it. for section B, I talked about whole scenes for my example so I can gave the examiner a real visual view (and put in illustrations) of what my staging concept is going to be like. e.g. I do Dr Faustus, so I spoke about The 7 deadly sins scene and all the good and evil angel scenes.

same thing for section C, its how you use the example and analyse the OPC and audience response from it that counts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaotic.school)
    Thing is, it's not about how many you put in, it's all about... have you described them in enough detail that the examiner will be able to visualise it, and have you analysed it. for section B, I talked about whole scenes for my example so I can gave the examiner a real visual view (and put in illustrations) of what my staging concept is going to be like. e.g. I do Dr Faustus, so I spoke about The 7 deadly sins scene and all the good and evil angel scenes.

same thing for section C, its how you use the example and analyse the OPC and audience response from it that counts.
    Okay I get you, thanks very much. I think I described it and I hope I can get an A/B on the paper so I can achieve an overall

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.