Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA Biology B2 - Unofficial Mark Scheme Watch

• View Poll Results: What do you predict your score?
    < 10%
    3.14%
    > 10%
    0.42%
    > 20%
    1.68%
    > 30%
    3.35%
    > 40%
    4.72%
    > 50%
    6.50%
    > 60%
    14.47%
    > 70%
    23.58%
    > 80%
    28.93%
    > 90%
    10.38%
    100%
    2.83%

ReputationRep:
    No the number of plantain's in that area was 160,000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bamzy123)
    for this question can you say the advantage is that it killed the type of bacteria that was mentioned in the question and for a disdvantage it doesnt kill all bacteria.
    I'm not too sure but I don't see why not. After all it doesn't say that you can't say that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redcoats)
    What was the mean per m^2?
    o.625/20=0.03125

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAOASHAIL)
    No the number of plantain's in that area was 160,000

I got 160 not 160,000

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I got 1600, remembered it wrong . 20 was the total flies and 62.5 was the total area, so to get the flies per metre you had to divide it by 62.5. I'm 100% sure the unofficial mark scheme is wrong.
    (Original post by babymarima)
    I got the same but the end amount i got was 1600, cos I multiplied 5000 by 0.32?

but the unofficial mark scheme is saying that you were supposed to divide 62.5 by 20 to get 3.125, but i dunno if that's right

ReputationRep:
    I got 160 not 160,000
    How?

ReputationRep:
    For advantages and disadvantages of the hydrogen peroxide method, I put it would cause less environmental damage (as the other method worked at 138 degrees) and the disadvantage was that hydrogen peroxide can not kill disease causing bacteria so may not be able to kill some bacteria present in the milk (which are threatening to humans). Is this correct?

ReputationRep:
    o.625/20=0.03125
    i got that too!! and i got 156 overall idk if anyone else has that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozziess)
    Yeah I got 1600, remembered it wrong . 20 was the total flies and 62.5 was the total area, so to get the flies per metre you had to divide it by 62.5. I'm 100% sure the unofficial mark scheme is wrong.
    sickk thx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranchers)
    i got that too!! and i got 156 overall idk if anyone else has that
    You're getting A, not A*. The no. of plantains was 160000

ReputationRep:
    heyy! guys any ideas for grade boundaries? easier or harder than last year????

ReputationRep:
    What was the organ where the meiosis took place? is it testes...

Yep as sperm

ReputationRep:
    It was literally a 3 mark question, that isn't gonna be a major problem if you get the rest of the paper

ReputationRep:
    Did no one write that the athlete ran for 1 minute because wouldn't the blood rate remain high while he pays off oxygen debt?

ReputationRep:
    its only one mark and I can still get A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariale99)
    heyy! guys any ideas for grade boundaries? easier or harder than last year????
    This year is easier. I sat last years exam but due to entrusting circumstances I got 3 Cs for science when I was predicted an A so i decided to redo this year at college.

I think exam was harder last year but that may be because I had about 17 exams (12 GCSEs) and that put me under more pressure and now I'm only doing B2,C2 and P2

ReputationRep:
    I got 160,000.

The dimensions of the quadrats were given in cm, not m. So it was 0.25mx0.25m, not 25x25.

ReputationRep:
    How many marks was the plantain calculation question altogether? Wasn't it 4 marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blahblahblah7)
    Yep as sperm
    I put anus. Is it right?

ReputationRep:
    0.25m^2 = 0.0625
    0.0625 * 10 = 0.625
    20/0.625 = 32

There are 32 plantains in 10m^2, NOT 1 m^2

5000/10=500
    500 * 32 = 16000

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.