Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    confirmed that its a local French woman pushed in front of a train.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    You mean (today in Marseille):

Well, I wasn't referring to the recent flooding occurring in France and Germany, was I?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Well, I wasn't referring to the recent flooding occurring in France and Germany, was I?
    I just thought the pic perfectly illustrated what you said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    I just thought the pic perfectly illustrated what you said.
    There was a picture? It didn't load for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    There was a picture? It didn't load for me
    http://91.68.209.8/bmi/91.68.209.12/...85f3be4ad8.jpg

ReputationRep:
    ''Source (website) is not responding''

Damn my laptop really hates your picture

ReputationRep:
    If last night's events are anything to go by, the next World Cup is certainly going to be interesting.

ReputationRep:
    can't see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jebedee)
    Where were these hooligans and their liquid courage when the muslims were running riot? They could be useful rather than throwing chairs around.
    the england Hools were chanting ' where are you ISIS' yesterday, much to the annoyance of the local marseiile muslim populations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    hate how the press kept vilifying the English lads. only now that the Russian fans charged post game have they changed their tune.
    historically it has been the england fans laying waste to their own country and europe with their mindless hooliganism. its now the case the rest of the world has learnt from youtube clips of the 1980s and 1990s of english hooliganism heydey and overtaken. the russians hooligans are perhaps the worst int he world - they have developed the same stupid mentality of the english all those years ago, but arnt beer bellied drunken thugs - they are martial arts trained systema and thai boxing fight fanatics ( hence why the english fans are legging it when they turn up)
    Euros have always been the powder keg mix of the worlds most thuggish fans - dont forget the knife carry turks, the war hardend croats and serbs, the swedes, the french youth, the steroided poles etc. outside of south america ists the worst environment to be a sensible footbal fan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chakede)
    the england Hools were chanting ' where are you ISIS' yesterday, much to the annoyance of the local marseiile muslim populations
    I guess they do support ISIS after all, otherwise they'd have joined in.

ReputationRep:
    I guess they do support ISIS after all, otherwise they'd have joined in.
    well arnt IS simply islams equivalent of violent football hooliganism ( replacing football tribalism with islamic propoganda) there are reports of north african ( ie muslim) french scuffles with english fans. but they arnt by any means as mad as russian fans. utlimatley becuase of their past rep- english are always going to be a beacon for all the worlds thugs to have a go at

ReputationRep:
    well arnt IS simply islams equivalent of violent football hooliganism ( replacing football tribalism with islamic propoganda) there are reports of north african ( ie muslim) french scuffles with english fans. but they arnt by any means as mad as russian fans. utlimatley becuase of their past rep- english are always going to be a beacon for all the worlds thugs to have a go at
    My point is if they were shouting slurs about ISIS, surely if the local muslims are not extremists then they should be proxy also hate ISIS and therefore be happy about this.

And no, I think it's awful to try and equate football hooligans with a group that commits mass genocide and terrorism.

ReputationRep:
    My point is if they were shouting slurs about ISIS, surely if the local muslims are not extremists then they should be proxy also hate ISIS and therefore be happy about this.

And no, I think it's awful to try and equate football hooligans with a group that commits mass genocide and terrorism.
    they both incite mindless violence based on their own tribalistic principles - IS just are more heavily armed and better funded.

ReputationRep:
    they both incite mindless violence based on their own tribalistic principles - IS just are more heavily armed and better funded.
    Wow it is really amazing someone would actually say that. You honestly think a few pissed up hooligans have the same intentions to the same degree as ISIS?

Ever thought about an editorial career for the guardian?

ReputationRep:
    Wow it is really amazing someone would actually say that. You honestly think a few pissed up hooligans have the same intentions to the same degree as ISIS?

Ever thought about an editorial career for the guardian?
    i have never actually read the guardian. but if thats what they are saying i dont see why that would sound so outlandish. 'pissed up hoolligans' have killed before. if you think stamping on someones head or stabbing them becuase they dont support the same team as you do is somehow more 'honourable' than shooting them fr being a different religion, then you have some significant psychological issues ....

ReputationRep:
    i have never actually read the guardian. but if thats what they are saying i dont see why that would sound so outlandish. 'pissed up hoolligans' have killed before. if you think stamping on someones head or stabbing them becuase they dont support the same team as you do is somehow more 'honourable' than shooting them fr being a different religion, then you have some significant psychological issues ....
    Here is why you are wrong.
    Not every hooligan when given the option wants to kill. EVERY ISIS member wants to kill and methodically goes about it.

ReputationRep:
    Here is why you are wrong.
    Not every hooligan when given the option wants to kill. EVERY ISIS member wants to kill and methodically goes about it.
    i dont think a hooligan cares whether they kill or not ( they are only concerned about getting caught) you cant stamp on someones head being oblivious to the fact that massive head trauma can kill.
    not every IS memeber actually kills either- is employs it programmers, doctors, engineers etc etc to help the organisation without very attacking anyone.

essentially both represent the dregs of the culture that produced them - but i dont really see much difference between them apart form methods used

ReputationRep:
    not every IS memeber actually kills either- is employs it programmers, doctors, engineers etc etc to help the organisation without very attacking anyone.
    Yeah, because that is the most efficient way to kill rather than sending everyone out to kill.
    Even the Nazis had accountants and admins, doesn't make them less evil.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, because that is the most efficient way to kill rather than sending everyone out to kill.
    Even the Nazis had accountants and admins, doesn't make them less evil.
    you seem confused - im not trying to claim anyone is less evil . you are trying to suggest football hooligans are not scum of the earth - whereas im saying both they and IS are the scum of the earth - perhaps there will be a convienient meeting of the two, away from the rest of civilised society

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.