Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok so heres what i remember, idk if its right (sorry about layout):

Multiple choice: (what i can remember, random order)
    3 diff dibromoethanes, difloro was polar, co2 was largest quantity, sf6 octahedral, 0.33 concentration, 0.4% or 40% error, propanone IR, propanone will also not get oxidised, sequences of hydrides decrease then increase, graph moves lower n to right maxwell-bolz, temp increase rate n yeild, pressure increases rate not yeild, sulfates decrease down oh increase. Pentan-1-ol was the london forces option, NaHSo4 was produced with cl2...

Section B::
    First question: trigonal planar, 120.
    then a trig pyrimidal layout with a 107 angle, lone pair repel greater then lone pairs, arranged for max separation min repulsion
    Then a dative covalant bond drawing between the two, using lone pair on N
    Then (+2) oxygen state
    Of2 reacts wuth water to produce 02 n HF also??
    Question after i cant remember
    Then theres 02f2 drawing, all single bonds
    Probably something else in this questions??

Second question: nitrates stuff i think
    Stage 1,2 (3marks) (idk bout this one but) water driven off, water if crystilliation removed, waffled about the interaction, then water is the colourless solution, then this is evaporated to steam, n the white solid is the nitrate?? Weird question didnt know where the marks were.
    N02, 02, MgO
    Equation of decomposition, the usual ratio of 2:2:4 but adjust for water of crystallisation moles
    Mg - no colour flame. Ca - red colour
    Usual flame test question
    Then why diff colours? Cos diff energy absorbed, diff promotions, diff excitation, diff in frequencie, so when drops down diff distance n frequency, mg not in visuble light reigon (waffled)
    Some other questions i cant remember

Third question: bromoalkane hydrolysis
    Why ethanol was used? Dissolve both stuff...waffle (Fully bugged out here)
    General equation of hydrolysis forms HBr
    AgBr ppt equation, cream ppt
    CBA
    Why diff Rate of hydrolysis of hydrolysis? Talked about methyl alkyl groups oush density to c of c-br bond, less polar, br leaving, more stable immediatry in tertairy of carbo, (again waffled, dunno where the marjs where being given)
    What happens if ethanoic amonia used? Nucleophilic substitution reaction, 1-aminobutane produced
    Drawing, idk about reflux but cos it said gasous collection, i drew test tube connected to gas syring diagram??
    Then but-1-ene, skeletal formula for that
    Another question?

Section C (bugged out fully)
    Diagram for 111-trichloroethane
    Why is that higher bp then hexane, more electrons, london forced, permenant diapoles for chloro, greater energy required to sepreate..(waffle)
    Why new solvent? Talked about free radicals being produced so ozone...
    Keep in dark? Prevent uv decompositiion??
    Oxidative statez of iodine
    Then ionic equation
    Starch. Black blue colourless
    I think 2x10-3
    Normal thosulfate iodine equation s406(2-)
    Half the inital moles
    Same answer as above
    Subtract..n then I couldnt do other calculations but ppl in the fourm r saying 80.6g
    Higher then lower??

Pls add what u can remember

Overall ok paper, felt international

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaka121)
    Ohh ok are you sure C was right?! And how did you get 0.33?
    Lastly did you also get 0.4 for uncertainty? I think I got 19/20 in section A hopefully
    Yeah it should be, 79-79, 81-79, 81-81.
    Because one mole of it was made and two moles of water, so the water diluted it from 1 to 1/3.
    Yes 0.4 I believe it was.

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries - A-59-61 - B -53/54 c - 48-49 the multiple choice were very easy and the only hard question was the first question ( non multiple choice ) so expect standard boundaries i presume

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastNightsPizza)
    Ok so heres what i remember, idk if its right (sorry about layout):

Multiple choice: (what i can remember, random order)
    3 diff dibromoethanes, difloro was polar, co2 was largest quantity, sf6 octahedral, 0.33 concentration, 0.4% or 40% error, propanone IR, propanone will also not get oxidised, sequences of hydrides decrease then increase, graph moves lower n to right maxwell-bolz, temp increase rate n yeild, pressure increases rate not yeild, sulfates decrease down oh increase. Pentan-1-ol was the london forces option, NaHSo4 was produced with cl2...

Section B::
    First question: trigonal planar, 120.
    then a trig pyrimidal layout with a 107 angle, lone pair repel greater then lone pairs, arranged for max separation min repulsion
    Then a dative covalant bond drawing between the two, using lone pair on N
    Then (+2) oxygen state
    Of2 reacts wuth water to produce 02 n HF also??
    Question after i cant remember
    Then theres 02f2 drawing, all single bonds
    Probably something else in this questions??

Second question: nitrates stuff i think
    Stage 1,2 (3marks) (idk bout this one but) water driven off, water if crystilliation removed, waffled about the interaction, then water is the colourless solution, then this is evaporated to steam, n the white solid is the nitrate?? Weird question didnt know where the marks were.
    N02, 02, MgO
    Equation of decomposition, the usual ratio of 2:2:4 but adjust for water of crystallisation moles
    Mg - no colour flame. Ca - red colour
    Usual flame test question
    Then why diff colours? Cos diff energy absorbed, diff promotions, diff excitation, diff in frequencie, so when drops down diff distance n frequency, mg not in visuble light reigon (waffled)
    Some other questions i cant remember

Third question: bromoalkane hydrolysis
    Why ethanol was used? Dissolve both stuff...waffle (Fully bugged out here)
    General equation of hydrolysis forms HBr
    AgBr ppt equation, cream ppt
    CBA
    Why diff Rate of hydrolysis of hydrolysis? Talked about methyl alkyl groups oush density to c of c-br bond, less polar, br leaving, more stable immediatry in tertairy of carbo, (again waffled, dunno where the marjs where being given)
    What happens if ethanoic amonia used? Nucleophilic substitution reaction, 1-aminobutane produced
    Drawing, idk about reflux but cos it said gasous collection, i drew test tube connected to gas syring diagram??
    Then but-1-ene, skeletal formula for that
    Another question?

Section C (bugged out fully)
    Diagram for 111-trichloroethane
    Why is that higher bp then hexane, more electrons, london forced, permenant diapoles for chloro, greater energy required to sepreate..(waffle)
    Why new solvent? Talked about free radicals being produced so ozone...
    Keep in dark? Prevent uv decompositiion??
    Oxidative statez of iodine
    Then ionic equation
    Starch. Black blue colourless
    I think 2x10-3
    Normal thosulfate iodine equation s406(2-)
    Half the inital moles
    Same answer as above
    Subtract..n then I couldnt do other calculations but ppl in the fourm r saying 80.6g
    Higher then lower??

Pls add what u can remember

Overall ok paper, felt international

Haha you remembered so much! I put the same equation for hydrolyis of haloalkane but put Hbr ad ionic (H+ and br-) like the george facer book states is that okay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fmathslad)
    Grade boundaries - A-59-61 - B -53/54 c - 48-49 the multiple choice were very easy and the only hard question was the first question ( non multiple choice ) so expect standard boundaries i presume
    Hmm, would the fact that only year 13's did the paper raise the grade boundaries slightly?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.