Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Splaffie)
    it was 18 as far as i know
    Oh well 1 mark, was the last multichoice the argon one

ReputationRep:
    the next step is f2 + cf2ch3' -> cf3ch3 + f'
    oh! that makes sense, thank you. i didn't consider this cuz i thought it would just be made in termination with f. and cf2ch3. reacting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    yeah doesn't have hexane hexane was listed in the question or did i go mad
    c6h14 is hexane?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metrize)
    You balanced it wrong, the catalutic converter, its no+co=1/2n2+co2
    Mark Scheme always allows multiple. So we are both right.

ReputationRep:
    c6h14 is hexane?
    ooohh shi :'( im dumb sorry

ReputationRep:
    right i think if the marks i remember were correct i lost at most 10 marks so many stupid mistakes though :/

ReputationRep:
    right i think if the marks i remember were correct i lost at most 10 marks so many stupid mistakes though :/
    Just counted, I think i lost about 10 if I'm deducting marks for the whole question and no working out marks. I'll add 5 more marks to it just to make sure So 15 marks wrong.

ReputationRep:
    ive lost at most 10 marks as well but thats still an A by far, i think ive probably got in the low 70s on that paper

ReputationRep:
    ive lost at most 10 marks as well but thats still an A by far, i think ive probably got in the low 70s on that paper
    yeah i probly counted wrong though so mine might be more like 15

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaVinciGirl)
    Just counted, I think i lost about 10 if I'm deducting marks for the whole question and no working out marks. I'll add 5 more marks to it just to make sure So 15 marks wrong.
    yeah hope we all did amazing seems like we did thanx again for making paper 1 and paper 2 mark scheme

Me too :/ Mostly because of weird 1 markers ;_; hopefully being the first year for these exams means lower grade boundaries. I think a lot of people made stupid mistakes overall mostly because of time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haes)
    Me too :/ Mostly because of weird 1 markers ;_; hopefully being the first year for these exams means lower grade boundaries. I think a lot of people made stupid mistakes overall mostly because of time
    yes lets all hope for good grade boundaries i think will b about 64/80 for an A not sure though who knows might b lower might b higher im going to dread the wait for results day

ReputationRep:
    Ye think thats correct, I took the risk and only learned the two the put down

ReputationRep:
    "-Graph- I drew it lower and slower because there's fewer moles of reactants."

Lower but not slower, faster because there was a greater concentration in the second mixture

yes lets all hope for good grade boundaries i think will b about 64/80 for an A not sure though who knows might b lower might b higher im going to dread the wait for results day
    I feel like 64 is a bit high. Even though this exam didn't feel too difficult it was still relatively/slightly harder than previous years and we are the first year to do this exam, with no people resitting and the addition of multiple choice + practicals.. so i'm gonna say maybe 60-62 for an A in this and around 58 ish for an A in the other paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haes)
    I feel like 64 is a bit high. Even though this exam didn't feel too difficult it was still relatively/slightly harder than previous years and we are the first year to do this exam, with no people resitting and the addition of multiple choice + practicals.. so i'm gonna say maybe 60-62 for an A in this and around 58 ish for an A in the other paper.
    yeah true your probly right plus as we all said alot of room for simple errors

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattJacks)
    "-Graph- I drew it lower and slower because there's fewer moles of reactants."

Lower but not slower, faster because there was a greater concentration in the second mixture
    Was there? Do you remember the values it was?

How are our overall grades determined? Do they total our marks out of 160?
    Also was the honeycomb question 1 or 2 marks?

ReputationRep:
    Can u repost the edited mark scheme

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haes)
    How are our overall grades determined? Do they total our marks out of 160?
    Also was the honeycomb question 1 or 2 marks?
    Apparently it is not by UMS and by raw marks. And examiner will decide which grade is going to be an A*. Check the other thread someone posted a link. Also it was a suggest question so 1 mark I believe.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.