Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by ivybridge)
    Well, that's not necessarily true. Having legal protections and rights doesn't mean homosexuals aren't oppressed, gay men in particular.
    I thought gay men were not oppressed these days?

https://www.rt.com/uk/337061-gay-males-lbgt-dominate/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    I thought gay men were not oppressed these days?

https://www.rt.com/uk/337061-gay-males-lbgt-dominate/
    :lol:.

That article really pissed me off the first time I read it.

ReputationRep:
    Well, that's not necessarily true. Having legal protections and rights doesn't mean homosexuals aren't oppressed, gay men in particular.
    I'm just saying what the sjw's and nus say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    I'm just saying what the sjw's and nus say.
    No, it seemed very much like your opinion. Most of us don't think that.

ReputationRep:
    How long is it going to be before we see 'oh so you care about gay clubs in florida getting shot up? but what about the massacre in Afganistan Helmand province!'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AverageExcellence)
    How long is it going to be before we see 'oh so you care about gay clubs in florida getting shot up? but what about the massacre in Afganistan Helmand province!'

Just log on twitter.

Some people are blaming US Foreign policy for this

ReputationRep:
    No, it seemed very much like your opinion. Most of us don't think that.
    So you know my opinion now do you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Listers)
    Just log on twitter.

Some people are blaming US Foreign policy for this
    They just want to seem like intellectual social justice warriors, pathetic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    So you know my opinion now do you?
    Well, yeah... you kind of just gave it... twice. Or so it seems.

ReputationRep:
    Shooter's name identified as Omar Mateen, Born to AFGHAN parents.

Imagine my shock.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/06/...8hm8j8.twitter

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Islam has nothing to do with Islam according to Liberals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    i should feel ashamed for supporting automatic weapons control ? i do not understand

:hmmmm2:
    Are you being deliberately obtuse ?

You should be ashamed of trying to hijack this situation and make it about your political beliefs, this person committed these crimes because of Islam, there is no reason to think that restrictions on gun ownership would have dissuaded or inhibited him from murdering homosexuals.

Someone murders 20 people for being homosexual in the name of his religion and you have come in to preach about gun control, it's disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HanSoloLuck)
    Are you being deliberately obtuse ?

You should be ashamed of trying to hijack this situation and make it about your political beliefs, this person done this because of Islam, there is no reason to think that restrictions on gun ownership would have dissuaded or inhibited him from murdering homosexuals.

Someone murders 20 people for being homosexual in the name of his religion and you have come in to preach about gun control, it's disgusting.
    you know nothing about my political beliefs. i have no intention of telling you. i am not sure why you say that anyone who complains about the use of guns to blow people's brains out is preaching ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    The Ramadam games are as usual raising the bloodshed.

A big wake up call for the LGBT community that Islam (Like Christianity) does not accept them and some of its followers will massacre them just for being who they are
    Christianity tells them they are going to hell, Islam wants to end them there.. it's not really fair to put them in the same boat.

ReputationRep:
    Well, yeah... you kind of just gave it... twice. Or so it seems.
    Look at the full context I was responding to someone wondering how the left would react by saying something the left has said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Listers)
    You really do not know what you're talking about.

"If Muslims feel discriminated against, they may isolate themselves from western culture and then become radicalised."

Jews, christians and mormons and many other religious groups have no problem at all adapting to western society's culture while being religious, they have no problem at all integrating, the only people forcing muslims for not integrating are themselves and their religion that makes them believe and recite things that are absolutely not compatible with 21st century western civilisation so don't go around blaming me for anything.

And if they truly have a problem with integration why don't they go back to a country they feel comfortable with like Saudi Arabia, why come here and whine and B*tch about how all their problems are caused by the racist west?
    And how does one adapt and integrate from your perspective?

ReputationRep:
    you know nothing about my political beliefs. i have no intention of telling you. i am not sure why you say that anyone who complains about the use of guns to blow people's brains out is preaching ...
    You are trying to attribute this situation to gun control, hijacking the deaths of 20 people to forward your own beliefs.

it is easy to get hold of automatic weapons in the USA... this is what happens
    By extension implying that it would not have come about should specific weapons have been denied to the assailant, it's hypothetical political backwards nonsense and it tells everyone about your political beliefs regarding this issue. And about the means with which you would propagate and preach.

Furthermore, you would detract from the actual issue, that the problem was not in fact gun control, but a learned suicidal want to murder as many homosexuals as possible.

ReputationRep:
    You are trying to attribute this situation to gun control, hijacking the deaths of 20 people to forward your own beliefs.

By extension implying that it would not have come about should specific weapons have been denied to the assailant, it's hypothetical political backwards nonsense and it tells everyone about your political beliefs regarding this issue. And about the means with which you would propagate and preach.

Furthermore, you would detract from the actual issue, that the problem was not in fact gun control, but a learned suicidal want to murder as many homosexuals as possible.
    how do you know he was learned ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    And how does one adapt and integrate from your perspective?

LOL, I'm not the one to tell you or any other muslim.

They should've figured that out before immigrating but if I was to make suggestions I would say, the women should not wear the face veil in public places, not try and impose their ideology on everybody like some do in East London, not condemn democracy and support Islamic theocracy, learn the Language properly etc

ReputationRep:

no buddy, the issue is definitely a lack of gun control, its not the only issue, but it is a significant one.

if this guy had only had a handgun, the death toll would have been lower, but instead he had an automatic rifle

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.