Girls: Why do you wear tights in the summer?

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    To hide my legs duh ?! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    Honestly it is intimidating when a woman has hairier arms then me, and I barely have hair on my body.
    best get growing some hair then

ReputationRep:
    Because for some stupid reason my parents think skin tights are slutty to wear... -___-

ReputationRep:
    As part of my uniform i am madeto wear a skirt but i always wear tights even the summer because i feel more comfortable in them. As i am quite sporty i feel more able to run around without bieng as bothered. If i had the choice i would much rather wear tracksuit bottoms or jeans to school but as it has to be a skirt tights are the best option to me despite bieng uncomfortable

ReputationRep:
    I rarely wear tights in winter let alone in summer. They are super annoying and high maintenance, for example avoiding getting ladders etc...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salamandastron)
    Omg you don't know how much you have helped me by what you just said, sorry was having a dilemma about something and that has never occurred to me lol (haven't worn anything other than trousers for 7 years but might have to for something).
    Thanks you have helped without even knowing lol
    Haha ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em0503)
    As part of my uniform i am madeto wear a skirt but i always wear tights even the summer because i feel more comfortable in them. As i am quite sporty i feel more able to run around without bieng as bothered. If i had the choice i would much rather wear tracksuit bottoms or jeans to school but as it has to be a skirt tights are the best option to me despite bieng uncomfortable

may I ask your age please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    To hide my legs duh ?! lol
    We can still see them in trousers

ReputationRep:
    Cba to shave

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A lot of girls go for aesthetics > practicality, which is something I've always found weird as hell, but there we go. *Shrug*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhisperingTide)
    A lot of girls go for aesthetics > practicality, which is something I've always found weird as hell, but there we go. *Shrug*
    can't put a price on looking good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drex50)
    can't put a price on looking good
    Honestly, when I see girls in short skirts and shirtless guys in the freezing cold, I always think: "You look far too dumb to look sexy." :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhisperingTide)
    Honestly, when I see girls in short skirts and shirtless guys in the freezing cold, I always think: "You look far too dumb to look sexy." :P
    All about how you pull it off

ReputationRep:
    Unless it's seriously hot, I pretty much always wear hosiery. I guess I feel like an outfit is finished if I have stockings on and they help hide any blemishes or laziness!

ReputationRep:
    I love wearing tights , it is very comfortable.

ReputationRep:
    It's still cold in summer

I don't want to shave my legs

I don't want to blatantly expose my knickers if I bend over

sometimes black tights look better than pale legs

ReputationRep:
    Some shoes (like heels) would look weird worn with socks, but gross and sweaty without, so tights are the way to go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sempiternitas)
    Some shoes (like heels) would look weird worn with socks, but gross and sweaty without, so tights are the way to go!
    Nude socks instead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drex50)
    Nude socks instead
    Not when you're wearing something with a short hem...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sempiternitas)
    Not when you're wearing something with a short hem...
    I don't understand

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.