Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Girls: Why do you wear tights in the summer? Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    To hide my legs duh ?! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    Honestly it is intimidating when a woman has hairier arms then me, and I barely have hair on my body.
    best get growing some hair then

ReputationRep:
    Because for some stupid reason my parents think skin tights are slutty to wear... -___-

ReputationRep:
    As part of my uniform i am madeto wear a skirt but i always wear tights even the summer because i feel more comfortable in them. As i am quite sporty i feel more able to run around without bieng as bothered. If i had the choice i would much rather wear tracksuit bottoms or jeans to school but as it has to be a skirt tights are the best option to me despite bieng uncomfortable

ReputationRep:
    I rarely wear tights in winter let alone in summer. They are super annoying and high maintenance, for example avoiding getting ladders etc...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salamandastron)
    Omg you don't know how much you have helped me by what you just said, sorry was having a dilemma about something and that has never occurred to me lol (haven't worn anything other than trousers for 7 years but might have to for something).
    Thanks you have helped without even knowing lol
    Haha ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em0503)
    As part of my uniform i am madeto wear a skirt but i always wear tights even the summer because i feel more comfortable in them. As i am quite sporty i feel more able to run around without bieng as bothered. If i had the choice i would much rather wear tracksuit bottoms or jeans to school but as it has to be a skirt tights are the best option to me despite bieng uncomfortable

may I ask your age please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    To hide my legs duh ?! lol
    We can still see them in trousers

ReputationRep:
    Cba to shave

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A lot of girls go for aesthetics > practicality, which is something I've always found weird as hell, but there we go. *Shrug*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhisperingTide)
    A lot of girls go for aesthetics > practicality, which is something I've always found weird as hell, but there we go. *Shrug*
    can't put a price on looking good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drex50)
    can't put a price on looking good
    Honestly, when I see girls in short skirts and shirtless guys in the freezing cold, I always think: "You look far too dumb to look sexy." :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhisperingTide)
    Honestly, when I see girls in short skirts and shirtless guys in the freezing cold, I always think: "You look far too dumb to look sexy." :P
    All about how you pull it off

ReputationRep:
    Unless it's seriously hot, I pretty much always wear hosiery. I guess I feel like an outfit is finished if I have stockings on and they help hide any blemishes or laziness!

ReputationRep:
    I love wearing tights , it is very comfortable.

ReputationRep:
    It's still cold in summer

I don't want to shave my legs

I don't want to blatantly expose my knickers if I bend over

sometimes black tights look better than pale legs

ReputationRep:
    Some shoes (like heels) would look weird worn with socks, but gross and sweaty without, so tights are the way to go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sempiternitas)
    Some shoes (like heels) would look weird worn with socks, but gross and sweaty without, so tights are the way to go!
    Nude socks instead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drex50)
    Nude socks instead
    Not when you're wearing something with a short hem...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sempiternitas)
    Not when you're wearing something with a short hem...
    I don't understand

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.