Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why did God allow 50 innocent people to get murdered? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    What poor innocent starving kids? Omar Mateen killed gays. We're on about gays but now I see you seem to be a bit angry with God in general. Anyway like I told the bloke above, there are different monotheistic religions. Which God are you even mad at?...

The killer is Islamic. So yell at Allah and Mohammed pertaining to their issues with gays if any, or if you're even knowledgeable about those issues... Based on your recent post it seems you're conveniently or inadvertently confusing all religions for each other lmao.

Okay, I digress about talking about starving poor children, this is a topic about sexuality.

In that case, I am angry at the Christian and Muslim God. Clearly, homosexuality is not a choice so why would an all-loving God allow such thing to happen? Did the put gays on this earth to be oppressed?

ReputationRep:
    No you can't obtusely "respond in kind" as a copout for not knowing where to blindly throw your hatred and resentment. If you know a damn thing then educate the op for using a foolish term...that's the aim of discussion. And no you said god ignorantly. You used God as a term like it's a singular deity because you don't know what you're on about. The killer is Islamic, my kid. So crack open the Quran and see what they say about homosexuality and if Mateen's crime is justified pertaining to Islamic principle...till then please feel more than welcome to introduce yourself to my ignore list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Okay, I digress about talking about starving poor children, this is a topic about sexuality.

In that case, I am angry at the Christian and Muslim God. Clearly, homosexuality is not a choice so why would an all-loving God allow such thing to happen? Did the put gays on this earth to be oppressed?
    Ok now we can talk because you don't seem annoying like some other people close by.

Ok well I know a lot about Christianity and not much about Islam thankfully and what it says about homosexuality. You can even see on here there's so much up and down back and forth conflicting issues from Islamic people even about it. But as far as my religion, it's irrelevant tbh because the killer here did this for Allah. Not my Lord. So I'll step back and wait for a true Muslim if they exist on here lol to answer you. I will say only this though that my Christian God does NOT WANT THIS. He said "it's abominable." But He also said "HATE NOT the SINNER."

ReputationRep:
    Free will.

ReputationRep:
    My Christian God does NOT want this! He said those who seek vengeance are sinners. He said about homosexuality to hate not the sinner! Vengeance is HIS, he said. If this man were Christian he'd burn in hell. Let GOD deal with homosexuals. He is forgiving, I swear. This man did this FOR ALLAH. NOT my God.

Plantagenet Crown why not tag you

ReputationRep:
    Your saying we should be in Heaven......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    If he exists, why did he allow the American mass shooting to happen?

Posted from TSR Mobile

God has a plan for everyone

ReputationRep:
    No-one should kill anyone, although obviously such things will happen because this is not the perfect world, but what I wanaa say is that this life is a test, and God wants us to suffer in order to see how we humans will cope with such events.
    However, in my opinion, he should not have killed gays because, just saying, that even if he didn't like them, doesn't give him the right to go out, freely killing them. No-one has the right to kill anyone, so he was certainly in the wrong, and I am personally totally against his views.

ReputationRep:
    Ok now we can talk because you don't seem annoying like some other people close by.

Ok well I know a lot about Christianity and not much about Islam thankfully and what it says about homosexuality. You can even see on here there's so much up and down back and forth conflicting issues from Islamic people even about it. But as far as my religion, it's irrelevant tbh because the killer here did this for Allah. Not my Lord. So I'll step back and wait for a true Muslim if they exist on here lol to answer you. I will say only this though that my Christian God does NOT WANT THIS. He said "it's abominable." But He also said "HATE NOT the SINNER."
    So you don't think the Christian God intervened because the killer was a Muslim? Sound extremely unfair tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MainlyMathsHelp)
    I know right. Literally my whole class is religious except this one guy who believes in God but not religion. You say one thing about not believing in God and the whole class attacks you :unimpressed:
    My RE classes at school were always the opposite way round, vehement atheists who attack the one Christian in the room with arguments that don't even work very well when you analyse them a bit more.

ReputationRep:
    Remember this kids, when bad things happen its always God's fault and when good things happen its by luck or chance.

If any of you have actually picked up a Bible you would know this world is ruled by Satan. ...according to the Biblical text if we're taking "well, why do bad things happen?" route.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    If he exists, why did he allow the American mass shooting to happen?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This life is believed to be a trial for all, and isn't meant to be "perfect" as described.

Interfering would invalidate any such free will.

It's interesting to note that the police and FBI (I believe) already interrogated the criminal couple of years ago, perhaps stricter and less tolerant views of the authorities to such "potential criminals" would have helped.

It's often the case where we have the free will and the ability to prevent (or at least reduce) the effect of such unfortunate events.

Even His most beloved apostles aren't and weren't free from such oppression.

For all actions, there will be a questioning and indeed an certain outcome.

ReputationRep:
    Well, He gave us free will, so by intervening he would be going back on his promise of free will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    I reject that concept as life cannot be a test if God is all-knowing.
    God isn't testing us to know the answers. We are in the test for our own benefit, to determine and choose through our own free will our eternal destiny, under the justice and mercy of God.

It's an unproven fallacy that just because God is all knowing, he can not create a system whereby human beings, using the facets of their intelligence and free will, with divine guidance among other forms of guidance, determine their own eternal destiny, under the justice and mercy of God.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    God isn't testing us to know the answers. We are in the test for our own benefit, to determine and choose through our own free will our eternal destiny, under the justice and mercy of God.

It's an unproven fallacy that just because God is all knowing, he can not create a system whereby human beings, using the facets of their intelligence and free will, with divine guidance among other forms of guidance, determine their own eternal destiny, under the justice and mercy of God.
    Nonsensical response. God is the one judging us therefore it is him doing the testing. Saying the test is for our benefit is a meaningless platitude because the whole concepts of Judgement Day, Heaven and Hell fall apart if there is no test being conducted by God. And as God is supposed to be all-knowing, I totally reject the notion of life being an examination because tests can only exist in the presence of doubt, however small.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    My RE classes at school were always the opposite way round, vehement atheists who attack the one Christian in the room with arguments that don't even work very well when you analyse them a bit more.
    Why can't there be a normal, understanding class where people can accept each other's beliefs and listen intensively without attacking each other like a group of starved hyenas? (Well to be honest I'm not really great at accepting others' opinions)
    There is this one guy in my class who is the most annoying protestant I know; you disagree with him about religion and you are going to get in a massive argument. So someone in my class stated that she didn't believe in Adam and Eve and said guy ambushes her saying "What do you mean you don't believe in Adam and Eve? You can't not believe that it happened." Ughhhh

ReputationRep:
    My Christian God does NOT want this! He said those who seek vengeance are sinners. He said about homosexuality to hate not the sinner! Vengeance is HIS, he said. If this man were Christian he'd burn in hell. Let GOD deal with homosexuals. He is forgiving, I swear. This man did this FOR ALLAH. NOT my God.

Plantagenet Crown why not tag you
    I can't tell if you're serious, are you actually Christian?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MainlyMathsHelp)
    Why can't there be a normal, understanding class where people can accept each other's beliefs and listen intensively without attacking each other like a group of starved hyenas? (Well to be honest I'm not really great at accepting others' opinions)
    There is this one guy in my class who is the most annoying protestant I know; you disagree with him about religion and you are going to get in a massive argument. So someone in my class stated that she didn't believe in Adam and Eve and said guy ambushes her saying "What do you mean you don't believe in Adam and Eve? You can't not believe that it happened." Ughhhh
    Top kek

ReputationRep:
    he didn't, because he doesn't exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    A very convenient explanation of course, but not in the least convincing. Hell, by its definition, cannot be proportionate to any crime and thus being convinced you deserve hell is a cop-out which I totally reject.
    Anything which answers the points of you and other atheists, and any quote from the Quran which addresses points you lot raise other times that the Quraysh also raised is always "convenient"; when different obscure topics aren't explained or addressed you say that you would expect more from an all knowing God - at least try to be consistant.

God will lay before you your sins and crimes and will question you on them - when you are told why you were wrong, then you will believe you have been wrong, and it is thus you will be convinced that you deserve Hell.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.