Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talha9)
    My friends said it doesn't matter if you wirte Iron ( ii ) oxide or ( iii ) you are scoring in that question. I hope so :/
    No way, at first I wrote iron 3 oxide but I the canceled the 3 out

ReputationRep:
    Name:  hello.png
Views: 43
Size:  170.7 KB It's just CuO (check the formula part)

Also for the salt question I said you use an excess of Ammonia, heat the solution and mix until the two solutions are combined, filter the residue, get the filtrate. Then evaporate a third of the water and leave in a cool dry place to crystalize.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tobylyall)
    Name:  hello.png
Views: 43
Size:  170.7 KB It's just CuO (check the formula part)

Also for the salt question I said you use an excess of Ammonia, heat the solution and mix until the two solutions are combined, filter the residue, get the filtrate. Then evaporate a third of the water and leave in a cool dry place to crystalize.
    Wait, what's CuO? I don't remember a question about copper oxide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nusquam)
    Wait, what's CuO? I don't remember a question about copper oxide.
    The question was something along the lines of "What would be produced if you burned copper in oxygen, and what color would it be".

I put CuO and black if that rings any bells?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tobylyall)
    The question was something along the lines of "What would be produced if you burned copper in oxygen, and what color would it be".

I put CuO and black if that rings any bells?
    Ohhhh, okay, I think I remember now Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know the answer to a couple of 2PR questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Igcse1student)
    Anyone know the answer to a couple of 2PR questions?
    Lol nope. I totally screwed that paper up, I think I'm getting a D for physics

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.