Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your earliest memory? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I remember riding my Mickey Mouse tricycle outside my grandma's house in Iceland when I was four with my rad Mickey Mouse sunglasses (See a theme here?), and letting go of my Pikachu balloon at the travelling puppet theatre on Icelandic independence day (17th June) and luckily, my mum got me another one. That was shortly before I moved here.

ReputationRep:
    My earliest memory was when I was about 3 or 4 and I was running around at the back of my garden. Suddenly, I realized I needed to do an urgent poo so I started to run as fast as my little legs could carry me to the house. But the garden was fairly big so unfortunately I didn't make it to the toilet in time so I pooed in my underwear just outside the house. I then saw that my poo had small, white worms in it and I was quite freaked out by this so I started running to my mum shouting in shock feeling ashamed I hadn't made it to the toilet in time.

ReputationRep:
    I remember when I was the womb and it was dark, I concentrated as hard can and through my mother belly I saw the hospital room I was in, which I can describe in detail to this very day.

Probably not the case really but even my Mum doesn't know how I could describe the room that descriptively; I have never been to that room in person. Weird I know.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Actually, the earliest was when I was swimming to an ovary knowing there were millions right behind me. I won of course.

ReputationRep:
    I think my earliest memory is of going to visit my mum after my brother was born :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I have this really vague memory, of lying in my cot at night in the dark, and my twin sister who shared a room with me being taken downstairs by my mum. She must have been crying for food, or needed changing.

I just remember lying there. I've no idea how young I was, but it's the earliest memory I've always recalled.

After that I have this memory of sat in playschool, all the other kids eating toast, and feeling really anxious that my mum was never going to collect me. I was sure she'd left me there and would never come back. But she did, and that sight of her with her winter coat on and keys in hand was such a comfort.

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be my trip to Legoland with family on one of my sisters birthdays several years back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookie123456789)
    My earliest memory was when I was about 3 or 4 and I was running around at the back of my garden. Suddenly, I realized I needed to do an urgent poo so I started to run as fast as my little legs could carry me to the house. But the garden was fairly big so unfortunately I didn't make it to the toilet in time so I pooed in my underwear just outside the house. I then saw that my poo had small, white worms in it and I was quite freaked out by this so I started running to my mum shouting in shock feeling ashamed I hadn't made it to the toilet in time.
    Yea I have pooed and peed in my pants a few times when I was a kid but I'm not so sure about that white worms thing....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    I think my earliest memory is of going to visit my mum after my brother was born :yep:
    Oh really? What is the age difference between your and your younger brother?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    Waaait, why? :puppyeyes:

:jumphug:
    Because um... I don't even know why lol

Probably because you've turned evil....
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    The asthma attack I had when I was 5 is the furtherest back I can remember at the moment .

(Original post by jasminenctang)
    I know there's the scientific 'fact' that memories before the age of 4 aren't real. My earliest memory was probably when I was about 5 or 6, my first swimming lessons and going to infant school, playing with my friends.
    Two. The brain hasn't fully formed beore that age.

My earliest memory would be around two, at Christmas. My parents didn't have a lot of money, and I got Lego that they'd collected together from here and there, all in a Kwik Save bag.

I've still got it all, somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noara)
    Because um... I don't even know why lol

Probably because you've turned evil....
    B-but I haven't..... :puppyeyes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Not completely. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Hate to burst anyones bubble but scientists have found that no memories below the age of 3 are retained in the human brain, but because you would have heard your parents ect. talk about the memory your brain has constructed a fake memory to fit what they said. Just goes to show how crazy and complex the human brain is 😱

ReputationRep:
    B-but I haven't..... :puppyeyes:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Not completely. :cry:
    "not completely"
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just so you know.....I'm the most evil goddamn girl you will ever meet..Buahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noara)
    "not completely"
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just so you know.....I'm the most evil goddamn girl you will ever meet..Buahahahaha
    :giggle:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Really now? :eyebrow:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Doesn't matter because I'm the most evil chicken you will ever encounter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rylan110)
    Hate to burst anyones bubble but scientists have found that no memories below the age of 3 are retained in the human brain, but because you would have heard your parents ect. talk about the memory your brain has constructed a fake memory to fit what they said. Just goes to show how crazy and complex the human brain is 😱
    That's what I was going to say ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    when i was 2 i think i remember playing with my dad and brothers in the snow

i also remember from 2 a distant memory of fireworks but apparently there was no fireworks

at the age of 2 going to pre-school and learning about jesus:rofl: and playing on a trampoline

and 3 when my new born sister was being weighed and i was trying to give her some of my ribena and the nurse told me not to

ReputationRep:
    I bit a girl's finger on my first day of primary school, resulting in me having to spend break times walking alongside one of the supervisors.

Great start, Kirk!

ReputationRep:
    :giggle:
    AHAN! See.. I tricked you into confessing that you're evil :perv:

Btw, are you a male chicken or a female chicken? Sorry, can't seem to figure it out :nopity:....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    I bit a girl's finger on my first day of primary school, resulting in me having to spend break times walking alongside one of the supervisors.

Great start, Kirk!
    That's one way to start school...Kirk.....:congrats:
    Although, you're lucky you didn't bit a teacher's finger or else you'd spend your break time walking home.... :closedeyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.