Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlindingLight)
    Damn, someone's on their period.
    LOL

I had a terrible exam that day and I think I vented my feelings out on this thread :ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
    I think we all place to much importance on exams all things considered. In the grand scheme of things GCSEs at least aren't that important: it's not a life or death situation. In fact, watching the England game in the pub yesterday when I ran into all my old Mayes put it into perspective. Had a great time catching up and having a few beers and singing songs. Ok so they don't go to uni, they still get by and enjoy life. In fact, they are not as pent up and have more fun than uni students. What I am trying to say is don't worry about exams you will get by whatever happens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sumayyah K)
    I started to regret taking triple every since I see all the double students passing their exam in a breeeze and I'm just there like 'another three units to go...'
    Yes I know -BUT WE'RE DONE NOW!!!How did you find the physics? Because honestly I thought it was horrible...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeerabBieber)
    LOL

I had a terrible exam that day and I think I vented my feelings out on this thread :ashamed2:
    lol dw bro, here for you xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dch187)
    I'm thinking the same hahaha i told myself i was gonna start in januayr (?!) and then it got to may i was like hmm maybe i should start now
    Yeah i said i would start revising in jan too but ended up revising the night before my exams or not at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArMy07)
    Yes I know -BUT WE'RE DONE NOW!!!How did you find the physics? Because honestly I thought it was horrible...
    Did you do aqa p2 and 3 i thought it was really good but everyone says it was really hard...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    Did you do aqa p2 and 3 i thought it was really good but everyone says it was really hard...
    I found it really hard - and yeah I did p2 and p3

ReputationRep:
    Okay guys this is serious. I REALLY can't revise anymore. I still have half of the subject to revise but I just can't. I have a tremendous headache and even if I take frequent breaks and naps it just won't go away, making it literally impossible for me to study. My exams start in two days. What can I do? :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    LoL i had 11 exams, 5 As exams and 6 Alevel exams (got 3 alevels to go) and my brain is rekt, they maths and physics ones too, trust 1 As exam is like 3 gcse exams and 1 A2 exam is like 5 Gcse papers in content worth, word of advise, never do this or you will die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbrizio1)
    Okay guys this is serious. I REALLY can't revise anymore. I still have half of the subject to revise but I just can't. I have a tremendous headache and even if I take frequent breaks and naps it just won't go away, making it literally impossible for me to study. My exams start in two days. What can I do? :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What u taking?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh my day this happened to me yesterday!! What I did is I took a shower (which temporarily took the pain away), ate some snacks (which also took the pain away for short periods) and had some paracetamol (though I couldn't swallow it.. so I gave up after 4 tries XD). I jsut kinda persevered with it.. It was really hard to do

ReputationRep:
    You need to relax and take each exam one by one, and revise topic by topic, get a massage or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRPAV)
    What u taking?
    In Italy it's quite different. You don't choose the subjects. You study them all (11 subjects in total) and then you have three written exams and an oral exam. The first written exam is an essay, the second depends on the type of school (in my case it's a translation from Ancient Greek because I study classics), and the third consists of a series of essays on every single subject you've studied. During the oral exam you have 10 mins to present your dissertation and then you have a full hour of questions on everything you've studied. I'm terrified

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SugarBubbles2000)
    Oh my day this happened to me yesterday!! What I did is I took a shower (which temporarily took the pain away), ate some snacks (which also took the pain away for short periods) and had some paracetamol (though I couldn't swallow it.. so I gave up after 4 tries XD). I jsut kinda persevered with it.. It was really hard to do
    Now I've slept like 12 hours in a row and I feel a bit better

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Now I've slept like 12 hours in a row and I feel a bit better

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah I'm glad you're better! ^^ Now you can revise yay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SugarBubbles2000)
    Ah I'm glad you're better! ^^ Now you can revise yay
    Thanks, but actually I'm still laying in bed ahah. The first exam is tomorrow and it makes no sense revising now I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I feel this thread in my soul. My last exam is the day after tomorrow, it's my hardest A2 exam and I spent the whole day on Netflix. I'm so done already. I think I peaked too soon by constantly cramming (like weeks in advance). Defo burnt out now, although all is not lost -- been looking at unis I will probably be apply through clearing and they actually look really nice.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.