Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)
    Nice dodge. 10/10.
    Cobblers

Leave offers an unattainable way of leaving. It isn't a dodge to call them out on this falsehood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nulli tertius)
    Cobblers

Leave offers an unattainable way of leaving. It isn't a dodge to call them out on this falsehood.
    We're not here to talk about your opinions on what is attainable or unattainable.

We're here to look at the facts. Your ignorant because you ignore the facts that I have posted on the beginning of this thread.

ReputationRep:
    The EU membership costs us around £280 million pounds a week. That's enough to build a new NHS hospital every week.
    The politicians, workers, bankers, elite leaders of the EU have kept themselves anonymous for a reason. If we fall into the EU, we fall into a dictatorship. We have no control over our laws any more and have to pay £300 million every week. That is not democracy. This is not what UK is meant to be. We are better than that. Theres not enough opportunities/investments going into our country. We need more and we cant do that if we are in the EU.
    ****, how come our mbership fee went up by £20mil a week (£1bn a year) in the space of an hour?

ReputationRep:
    We're not here to talk about your opinions on what is attainable or unattainable.

We're here to look at the facts. Your ignorant because you ignore the facts that I have posted on the beginning of this thread.
    I commented on what you quoted and indeed highlighted.

If you want to debate, you can't pick and choose your opponent's response.

ReputationRep:
    280, 350. Whatever. Not much of a difference.
    What? Thats a 25% difference. In fact, that is a £3.5bn difference.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

And the facts are that we can't leave in the way that the leave campaign want - we can't stay in the bits we like and just get rid of the bits we don't: if we leave then we leave it all; we leave then we give two years notice and we're out at the end of that notice, regardless of whether we've got our new trade deals etc. in place.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Naveed-7;65883660]Its better than giving it away to another country who controls our laws, our borders, our taxes, our economy and puts strain on our lives.

The conservative government? We know who they are. They might handle the money, but at least we will have hope of it being spent on our country, right? And Im sure they will spend a decent amount.

However, We dont know who the politicians in Brussels/Strassburg that are taking our £300 million are. Their names are private.

[\quote]

How can a politician in a democracy be kept private? If their name was private, how can people vote for them so they can be in office?

I mean, if someone said vote for me but I won't tell you my name, how would that work? Would there be like a secret code or symbol of them on a ballot paper when people went to the voting booth and ticked the box?

Or are you saying you can't be bothered to find out who these politicians are so can't trust them? I don't know who is the MP for the next constitute is so he/she must be a crook by your logic.

ReputationRep:
    This £350m number is a useless fact anyway. People who understand economics, recognise that any immediate cash saving would be wittered away in the negative economic impact. See the IMF statement today, for example. See image.

Name:  15.PNG
Views: 23
Size:  13.6 KB

Unfortunately, many are swayed by this figure, and what it can be spent on, despite the fact that Brexit commitments for spending have totalled over £110bn vs. the annual net £8.5bn touted saving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    Read today that Switzerland, a very wealthy, successful country,who applied to join the EU back in 1992 has withdrawn its application for EU membership.
    And its still has to follow EU rules like free movement of EU citizens or lose trade access to the EU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    And the facts are that we can't leave in the way that the leave campaign want - we can't stay in the bits we like and just get rid of the bits we don't: if we leave then we leave it all; we leave then we give two years notice and we're out at the end of that notice, regardless of whether we've got our new trade deals etc. in place.
    Please focus on the thread topic.
    Doesn't change the fact that our Bank of England has been making false Brexit warnings. I have also posted proof on why they are lying, and facts showing how we can survive without the EU.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Please focus on the thread topic.
    Doesn't change the fact that our Bank of England has been making false Brexit warnings. I have also posted proof on why they are lying, and facts showing how we can survive without the EU.
    You've not. You're simply moaning about the bank of england getting involved in politics rather than being a neutral institution (as you see it). However, they've not got involved in politics, they've given an economic forecast, as is the point of them. All this amounts to is Leave throwing their toys out of the pram because the experts don't support their half baked ********.

ReputationRep:
    Whenever an expert weighs in on Brexit, Leave dismiss everything they say as fear mongering. Cynicism is so easy. And cynics don't accomplish much.

Anti-intellectualism is a dangerous road to go down. Ignorance is not a virtue. Of course we should listen to experts as long as they are impartial. When Leave express a disdain for facts, and are not held accountable for repeating falsehoods, and just making stuff up while actual experts are dismissed as elitist, then we’ve got a problem.

The rejection of facts, the rejection of reason and science, that is the path to decline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    Are you losing your nerve?
    Are you more qualified in this matter than the experts?

ReputationRep:
    unfortunately I feel that England will meet a huge disaster if the majority is realy voting "Brexit".
    We'll talk about it later ...... but the exonomic and trade organisation will suffer so much that ...... I'll let you imagine the disaster.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.