Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who is curious to see TSR office woo Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themechguy)
    What kind, maple? I'm game.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post62669115

ReputationRep:
    And you think that's the kind of responsible, adult role model that promotes healthy eating within young people that TSR should hire?
    (no offence)

Riiiiight...

ReputationRep:
    And you think that's the kind of responsible, adult role model that promotes healthy eating within young people that TSR should hire?
    (no offence)

Riiiiight...
    Did you miss the bit about the superhuman air hockey?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    Next time we shall (And I'll win)
    Someone might have already mentioned this but the air hockey table got taken away today

We're hoping for table tennis to replace it!
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    Yeah but you have no real power and influence over the site, other then dealing with rule breaking content. (As far as I'm aware). That's what the above poster is trying to say.
    Power is a strange thing to bring up with regards the Support Team as it has so little relevance to anything to do with TSR.

The Support Team is, and actually always has been when called the Mod Team, about helping students. Helping them get into uni, helping them make the right decisions, helping them with challenges around health, relationships etc. They do a wonderful job and help thousands of students around the world every week. I'm so proud of all of them.

They also work incredibly closely with all of us at TSR to help improve the site and our community. Protecting this wonderful and unique environment for students to get help and support that they need. Ask any of them or us, it's never been about power.

As it happens though, they are among the most responsible and influential people on this site and I talk to them every week.

ReputationRep:
    It's a cute office. When I walked in I didn't expect a bar of all things to be there. Then again, I don't know if I expected it to just be a normal office with a corporate feel.

Either way, really nice place.
    You're a basketball player? Tell me, how do you find it?
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    Ok - let me put it this way. You're picking people as role models for youths in the community - do you pick people with whom the youths identify presently, or people older than them who albeit may have gone through the same experiences but did so in the past.
    You can have both, that's why we invited a student to talk to other students on This Morning... er, this morning
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Queen Cersei)
    Someone might have already mentioned this but the air hockey table got taken away today

I would suggest a pool table :yep:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    I would suggest a pool table :yep:
    I second this motion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Power is a strange thing to bring up with regards the Support Team as it has so little relevance to anything to do with TSR.

The Support Team is, and actually always has been when called the Mod Team, been about helping students. Helping them get into uni, helping them make the right decisions, helping them with challenges around health, relationships etc. They do a wonderful job and help thousands of students around the world every week. I'm so proud of all of them.

They also work incredibly closely with all of us at TSR to help improve the site and our community. Protecting this wonderful and unique environment for students to get help and support that they need. Ask any of them or us, it's never been about power.

As it happens though, they are among the most responsible and influential people on this site and I talk to them every week.
    Ethan just told everyone to stop derailing the thread, yet you and MrDystopia continued posting this. You could've sent me a VM or a PM, but no.
    I think that's a perfect example of the "influence" of the ST.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor

:sly:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I shall also beat you* too, we can do doubles. You and Jack vs. Me and ???????
    *this is also a lie
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    Ethan just told everyone to stop derailing the thread, yet you and MrDystopia continued posting this. You could've sent me a VM or a PM, but no.
    I think that's a perfect example of the "influence" of the ST.
    Oops, sorry - that's my fault, I didn't see that. Happy to chat more by VM next week if you like. It's an important point Have a lovely weekend.

ReputationRep:
    Oops, sorry - that's my fault, I didn't see that. Happy to chat more by VM next week if you like. It's an important point Have a lovely weekend.
    You too bb xxx
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader

Indeed, Puddles mentioned earlier. Whatever sport replaces it is fine. Maybe a basketball hoop? :moon:

ReputationRep:
    TSR staff filled threads are weird.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Indeed, Puddles mentioned earlier. Whatever sport replaces it is fine. Maybe a basketball hoop? :moon:
    As a professional basketball player, I'm sure you'd make lots of use of it. :moon:
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    They do a wonderful job and help thousands of students around the world every week. I'm so proud of all of them.
    Stop it Jack, you're embarrassing us. :fan:

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Stop it Jack, you're embarrassing us. :fan:

I'm getting all hot and bothered. :fan:

I have seen this before and yeah, very nice.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Blackstarr)
    I have seen this before and yeah, very nice.
    I like the pier they have in the middle of it. :moon:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.