Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)
    Exactly. I wouldnt even consider you as a true British person who stands up for England's security and freedom.

The only reason your voting remain and giving your country's laws away is so that you can go to Germany and get a job.

If you look at history, your previous British White heroic soldiers fought in Wars to defend this country's freedom. Some of them got killed and hurt. But thats how England had it's independence.

There are three good reasons why a person should Vote Leave:

1) Regain our independence and law control.

2) Stop paying £350 million every week to EU leaders.

3) Control on our borders and be able to re-elect our leaders.

Saying I'm not a true Brit is hardly insulting to me. Patriotism doesn't play a large role in my life.

And why do you say "my" previous British white heroic soldiers? I'm not white.

Also, all three of those reasons are weak. I have more important things to worry about than taking back control, like economic security and building robots. Brexiters are going to cut my future funding in engineering. Can't be having that.. we all have vested interests. Boo hoo, get over it.

ReputationRep:
    Cameron's favourite song since the referendum campaigns started has got to be...

I'd Lie For EU (And That's The Truth)

and for Boris it has to be...

EUR giving us such sweet nothings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    multiculturalism has made us who we are as a nation today.
    That's utterly meaningless and completely unprovable. Nevertheless plenty of people argue that multiculturalism has contributed little to the UK beyond food. Outside London it's often hard to disagree...

After reading your other misguided posts you obviously don't care about the UK so you're welcome to head off to Germany whenever you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan2012)
    That's utterly meaningless and completely unprovable. Nevertheless plenty of people argue that multiculturalism has contributed little to the UK beyond food. Outside London it's often hard to disagree...

After reading your other misguided posts you obviously don't care about the UK so you're welcome to head off to Germany whenever you want.
    Not before I vote to make sure we don't leave the EU

ReputationRep:
    Not before I vote to make sure we don't leave the EU
    So you're going to just vote then leave? Thanks for just robbing people HERE of their voting power.

I've mainly kept quiet about you, but you disgust me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    So you're going to just vote then leave? Thanks for just robbing people HERE of their voting power.

I've mainly kept quiet about you, but you disgust me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know how what I'm saying disgusts you. It's pretty undemocratic of you to say that just because I'm not voting leave. You need to get a grip.

And I obviously have a home here and will go to university here, so I hardly want my family to suffer if we leave the EU. Stop getting so emotional, and accept the fact that patriotism doesn't mean much to many people.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how what I'm saying disgusts you. It's pretty undemocratic of you to say that just because I'm not voting leave. You need to get a grip.

And I obviously have a home here and will go to university here, so I hardly want my family to suffer if we leave the EU. Stop getting so emotional, and accept the fact that patriotism doesn't mean much to many people.
    Previous things you have done which have disgusted me have been you slandering the leave camp, saying they're stupid (or words to that effect)(but nastier) when you don't even explain your own points.

You just throw insults, and that's evidently all you've been good for in this debate.

Yes this is bitterness, but you've been downright unpleasant against the opposition to the side you advocate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Stuart you haven't been much better :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Previous things you have done which have disgusted me have been you slandering the leave camp, saying they're stupid (or words to that effect)(but nastier) when you don't even explain your own points.

You just throw insults, and that's evidently all you've been good for in this debate.

Yes this is bitterness, but you've been downright unpleasant against the opposition to the side you advocate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Boo hoo. If you can't handle opinions, log off. I will always slander and insult the leave campaign for the massive joke that it is. There's no way in hell Brexiters are going to risk the future of science and technological development in the UK just to fuel their egos without me calling them out on this ********.

ReputationRep:
    Stuart calling people out for supporting the other side. Accusing the others of delusion? Sounds about right :rofl:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    in all fairness, the leave camp are stupid

ReputationRep:
    I imagined britain as an independent sovereign nation this afternoon and I almost passed out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    I imagined britain as an independent sovereign nation this afternoon and I almost passed out
    yeah its a delusional idea, making me pass out

can't believe stupid people are trading economic stability for abstract concepts like sovereignty

ReputationRep:
    Boo hoo. If you can't handle opinions, log off. I will always slander and insult the leave campaign for the massive joke that it is. There's no way in hell Brexiters are going to risk the future of science and technological development in the UK just to fuel their egos without me calling them out on this ********.
    Just to let you know, I refrained myself in my post in case you took it to heart and went and committed suicide or sth.

I almost regret doing that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelstresss)

can't believe stupid people are trading economic stability for abstract concepts like sovereignty
    How am I stupid?
    You've basically ignored the main reason of this thread.
    You have ignored the fact that Switzerland and many other countrys are doing well without the EU.

How is this stupid?

ReputationRep:

Abstract concepts? :ahee:

This truly exemplifies your ignorance on the matter (and on the relevant definitions.)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Abstract concepts? :ahee:

This truly exemplifies your ignorance on the matter (and on the relevant definitions.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Explain to me why 'sovereignty' and 'democracy' aren't abstract compared to economic stability, and the concrete facts on the economic outcome of a Brexit.

ReputationRep:

I was joking

ReputationRep:

1) £35 million a day (deducting UK rebate.)
    2) Still an excess of £24 million a day deducting EU budget spent on us.
    3) We don't get to decide how this EU budget is spent.
    4) The things from this RU budget comes with an EU label; propaganda, despite the excess we pay.

1) Much higher energy prices because of EU (EU ETS increases cost of producing energy, and reduces competition.)

1) Higher energy prices.
    2) EU ETS increases cost of producing steel again, separately, individually.
    3) Was EU's fault, now europhilic government, which rejected the idea of a proposal to increase tariffs on dumped steel namely by China.

1) Higher food prices and stalling of development in LEDCs by the Common Agricultural Policy. (Reduces competition and deprives non-EU farmers from a market of 500 million.)

1) MEPs can't initiate, repeal or amend legislation.

1) No representative in European Commission.

1) EU has a system of degressive proportionality.

1) EU will continue to trade with UK after UK leaves; we're biggest export market for goods for rest of EU.

1) EU is world's only shrinking trading block, which limits our trade.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)
    How am I stupid?
    You've basically ignored the main reason of this thread.
    You have ignored the fact that Switzerland and many other countrys are doing well without the EU.

How is this stupid?
    You're stupid because you think that having 5% more democracy and imaginary sovereignty is even comparable to the economic losses of a Brexit.

1. Independence is an abstract and stupid concept in a 21st century world, the more interconnected we are - the better. The more we pay attention to world and humanitarian issues, the quicker we can help other countries develop economically and socially. Law control, while this would be good, it means nothing in comparison to the economic risks. The EU doesn't make bad laws, people are keen to flush all 'bad laws' made under Brussels, but there are stories behind all of them - and Brussels is hardly ever responsible. I trust some lawmakers who are out of the spotlight, devoid of pressure to appease a country's voters, and well experienced to make laws - elected democratically or not.

2. The £350 million we spend a week, which is a contested figure, will be made completely null by the economic recession after Brexit. If you care so much about money, what about Trident? Trident is estimated to cost something like £205 BILLION, I have no doubt that the '350 million per week', true or not, would be lumped onto something useless like that and definitely not the NHS - especially when those claiming money will be spent on the NHS have no power to make that happen at this current point in time.

3. We have control of our non-EU borders, and the government still fails to control immigration in these specific fields. Do some research on the topic and you will see that immigration which we can control isn't controlled. The EU isn't to blame, our leaders are. And I'm not sure how leaving the EU allows us to 're-elect' our leaders unless you think there will be a general election after the 23rd.

Leaving the EU doesn't magically make us do better, maybe it will make us do well in the long term - but no one knows for sure. But almost every economist knows for sure that we will suffer economically and politically from a Brexit. This is not a risk worth taking for some childish, abstract ideas such as 'more sovereignty' vs economic recession.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.