Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Just woken up from a nap AMA watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    I know, can't live without a bit of brass XD Summertime is godly for its use of le sax
    I am, I saw that you are as well!
    I just finished doing it AS, started A2 but not sure if I will keep it on due to the other subjects I do
    I should learn to play Summertime then, I play the saxophone

Yeah, well I haven't started yet but I'm so excited to do so!! What's it like? Is it a big jump up from GCSE?
    What are the other subjects you're doing? You can't drop French!!! It's one of the best languages ever!!!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by george_c00per)
    I should learn to play Summertime then, I play the saxophone

Yeah, well I haven't started yet but I'm so excited to do so!! What's it like? Is it a big jump up from GCSE?
    What are the other subjects you're doing? You can't drop French!!! It's one of the best languages ever!!!!
    OMG LEARN IT! That would be the 100%est coolest most ausgeseichnetest thing dans le monde!
    I didn't find it the massivest jump from GCSE tbh, but I was a very good GCSE student XD I'm sure you are too, you'll love it because you get to do your own thing a bit more.
    Step up is probably in the speaking exam and maybe the grammar a bit.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You might want to see what I wrote here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...6#post65903356
    I did French, Physics, Maths and Chemistry at AS
    I'm not sure what I'm going to do at A2 because I could take the EPQ
    I want to do Chemistry at Uni and they want maths + chemistry and I really like the sound of A2 physics so I feel like if I won't be able to cope with 4 :'(
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It's literally the most beautiful language ever :france:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    OMG LEARN IT! That would be the 100%est coolest most ausgeseichnetest thing dans le monde!
    I didn't find it the massivest jump from GCSE tbh, but I was a very good GCSE student XD I'm sure you are too, you'll love it because you get to do your own thing a bit more.
    Step up is probably in the speaking exam and maybe the grammar a bit.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You might want to see what I wrote here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...6#post65903356
    I did French, Physics, Maths and Chemistry at AS
    I'm not sure what I'm going to do at A2 because I could take the EPQ
    I want to do Chemistry at Uni and they want maths + chemistry and I really like the sound of A2 physics so I feel like if I won't be able to cope with 4 :'(
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It's literally the most beautiful language ever :france:
    Ok that's made me feel better - so many people complain that it's the hardest A Level EVER and that it's impossible to get an A. But I do really enjoy languages and I am predicted an A* in both so hopefully I won't find the step up too much either

Oh I see, yeah you are in an awkward position as Chemistry + maths will need those subjects and also physics would help with maths as well. At least you've done AS French though!! :france:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I agree, it's so nice to speak and the culture of France is so interesting as well

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.