Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IndianMuslim)
    I need to sign up to that site. If loveleest can speak to Muslim men online maybe I can speak to Muslim girls online too.
    :laugh:
    Nope that's haram lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IndianMuslim)
    For some reason that bit sounded so dodgy to me :rofl2:
    Why is that? I wasn't talking about relationships or anything lol, I actually asked a question on the quran and that was the response that some gave me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    You 'sufi't girl, if I hadith my way with you, you'll feel like jannah tonight.

I want to non-mah'ram' it on you...
    omg hahahahaha dead :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Defraction)
    I can clearly see that most people in this website are right wing and behold the view that 'Muslims are terrorists' as well as the fantastic view of 'Islam is not the religion of peace'.

We shouldn't shame on other religions, we shouldn't alienate Muslims, we shouldn't discriminate against each other, we shouldn't manipulate the words of God by referring to invalid, false translations of the Qur'an, we shouldn't separate ourselves from Muslims, we shouldn't mentally behold stereotypes about Muslims. The list goes on and on and on.

I truly believe that individuals, groups, and most importantly, our society should learn to live with each other. All the corruption, the deaths, the wars, the conflict between differing religions as well within a religion are all about people not learning how to live with people's differing views. I admit, as a Muslim, that IS are biggots alongside with loser terrorist organisations such as Boko Haram in Nigeria, Al Shabaab in Somalia, Al Qaeda in Pakistan and Afghanistan and there may be more Muslim terrorist organisations that are not known to us.

The main point is that these corrupt terrorist organisations clearly do not follow Islam. These so called Jihadists that fight in the name of Allah do not know what the definition of Jihad is. Realistically, these 'jihadists' have to infact reach greater jihad(struggle to overcome evil in one's own life for e.g. you stop backbiting about people) to then reach lesser jihad(struggle in the cause of Islam to overcome injustice in society for e.g. charity). These foolish people think they can achieve lesser jihad (even though they probably haven't reached greater jihad) by killing people. Religion or not, killing is bad. Even the Holy Qur'an states (Muhammad Pickthall's translation, prominent translator in Islam) 5:32 "For that cause We decreed for the Children of Israel that whosoever killeth a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind." So, whatever verse that supposedly makes you instantly think that Islam is a violent religion, this verse clearly shows Islam condemns violence. This verse is the basic fundamental of my life and you probably wouldn't think someone from a corrupt religion would be an absolute pacifist.

I do believe that most Muslims over-complicate our religion but personally I find it rather simple. Like any other religion, it encourages you to do good and try to avoid doing bad things. So, we simply should not judge each other. We shouldn't condemn people who are LGBT, we shouldn't fight within our own religions and with differing religions, we shouldn't hate each other but rather learn how to live in harmony and hopefully social solidarity will prevail.

As the Messiah states in Matthew 7:12 "Do to others as you would have them do to you". How would you feel if people accused you of being a terrorist because you belong to the same religion as those who are? Surely, you would feel annoyed and want people to think of you differently. Therefore, treat people the same way as you want to be treated. Jesus, a prominent figure in Christianity as well as Islam(he's known to be Isa), taught people to 'Love thy neighbour'. Jesus believed that aggression should be fought through love not hate. Even what Judas betrayed him and Jesus was arrested; he didn't want his disciples to use violence to prevent his arrest. Therefore, Christians as well as non-Christians should learn how to live peacefully.

The Gurus in Sikhism, Vishnu and Ganesh in Hinduism, the Prophets in Islam, Moses in Judaism, Siddhartha in Buddhism all taught their believers ethics and they shouldn't do bad sins. All our religions clearly have something significant in common that we should try to reduce our sins and do good. So, shouldn't this be the focuspoint of bringing us all together. We all want to do good so why should we shame Islam when we want to better ourselves morally. Forget about what the media presents Muslims to be, we should focus on bringing everyone together. A society works more effectively with interconnected people not alienated ones. So, let's all join together in a world with less religious hatred and more love.
    Right. OP, you've got the wrong idea here. Like so many other's you've fallen into the ditch of association fallacy. Let me explain:

Very few people on this site hate muslims. Those who do and who are dumb enough to express it are banned pretty quickly. A lot of people on this site hate Islam and not muslims themselves. Hating an ideology is not the same as hating it's followers.

Putting it simply, you've made the following fallacious assumption.

Lots of TSRians hate Islam.
    Muslims are followers of Islam.
    Therefore lots of TSRians hate muslims.

It's wrong for the same reason that this is wrong:

All apples are fruit.
    All pears are also fruit.
    Therefore all apples are pears.

Similarly, those who make the following assumption are also guilty of association fallacy:

Terrorists are bad.
    Some terrorists are muslims.
    Therefore muslims are bad.

As you can clearly see, both your assumption and the above one are equally flawed. People who assume all critics of Islam hate muslims are just as bad as those who assume that all muslims are terrorists.

Also, Jesus is a very poor choice of an example. He too was guilty of association fallacy. A guy so arrogant that he'd use the guilt by association fallacy to claim that he's the savior of everyone is a really poor example to give when you've just committed an association fallacy yourself. The Buddha's a better choice IMO, he never claimed to be special and also taught love and compassion towards everyone.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    Some points I agree with, some I disagree with. Islam has many rules for a reason - it is a comprehensive guide to life, providing law, social ethics, advice on character, theology, war etc, and to be against certain aspects of any of these umbrella topics (beyond genuine Ikhtilaaf) is to be against Islam. One of these topics where you are against Islam is being pro-LGBT rights; sure one should hate the sin and not the sinner, and one should not ostracise people for *what they feel*; what they act upon is a different matter, and to be pro LGBT rights is to encourage people to act upon their desires.

Social cohesion can exist; solidarity on falsehood cannot.
    I believe that we shouldn't judge people like why should Muslims say that people who are LGBT should go to Hell when they aren't God. God is the only being that can actually judge us for our actions and intentions. Whatever happens in the world, we as humans shouldn't condemn people for doing that or doing this. How can we know when we aren't perfect beings like Prophet Muhammad or the prophets before him. The *****iness must stop if we want the true Islam to come out(we are saying **** that is blocking Islam). When this happens, then finally peace will prevail as what the Islam's fundamental is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Defraction)
    I believe that we shouldn't judge people like why should Muslims say that people who are LGBT should go to Hell when they aren't God. God is the only being that can actually judge us for our actions and intentions. Whatever happens in the world, we as humans shouldn't condemn people for doing that or doing this. How can we know when we aren't perfect beings like Prophet Muhammad or the prophets before him. The *****iness must stop if we want the true Islam to come out(we are saying **** that is blocking Islam). When this happens, then finally peace will prevail as what the Islam's fundamental is.
    As I said, we judge the sin and not the sinner, and homosexual acts are against Islam; homosexual feelings are not a sin in Islam. Being pro-LGBT rights is to be pro-homosexual acts, and that is against Islam. God is the one who can judge actions and intentions; humans can judge actions by the word of God in the Quran and by the hadith of the Prophet (SAW) without impinging upon the soverignity and judgment of God, since it was God who gave us these things in the first place to judge therewith. Scholarly study helps us understand the views of Muhammad (SAW) and God through the hadith and Quran, as well as any supporting statements from the companions, the successors and other pious predecessors. If you want to say "only God can judge", what about if I murder someone and say "sorry mate, only God can judge me so you can't arrest me"? Obviously you would call that stupid, and that is what I'm gettng at too.

Victory is not when peace prevails over conflict, victory is when truth overcomes falsehood.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.