Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Britain is better than the rest of the EU put together. Vote leave. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squish562)
    How can we send back the illegal immigrants if we leave?
    It's about containing and regulating who is here now and preventing an unmanageable situation in the future, which wasn't handled before, under Cameron. Not called "broken Britain" for nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niv1234)
    I normally don't get involved with things like this but I just had to after reading the first post on this thread.

I'm sorry but Britain is only the most commonly spoken language because of the horrible colonial era when they forced their way into 1/4 of the world, stole from other countries and made those countries lose their culture both by stealing ancient artefacts and forcing those countries to become English. Also most of the words in the English language are loanwords stolen from other languages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_...uage_of_origin

Also I'm so sick of hearing all this stuff to do with the referendum. I can't wait until it is just all over.
    Lol at you posting a wiki link, like what you stated was so profound and insightful tat we'd need proof to understand it. What's this got to do with languages...and erm "Britain" isn't a language. And this is rich of a comment coming from a British immigrant which I presume you are :rolleyes: This is why the situation needs to be handled. Nothing but usurpers and subverts in this country now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Lol at you posting a wiki link, like what you stated was so profound and insightful tat we'd need proof to understand it. What's this got to do with languages...and erm "Britain" isn't a language. And this is rich of a comment coming from a British immigrant which I presume you are :rolleyes: This is why the situation needs to be handled. Nothing but usurpers and subverts in this country now.
    Yeah I just wanted to prove a point. Oops I made a mistake sorry, I meant 'English, I will correct that now. Also not that its any of your business but I'm a German citizen. At least immigrants don't try to take over unlike what the Europeans did during the colonial period. Why are European countries richer than other countries? Because they stole from them and ruined their economies and industries.

ReputationRep:
    Warning that family finances and jobs would be put at risk by a vote to leave, he said the UK's economic security was "paramount".

^^^Cameron's words.

Someone tell me how leaving jobs for Brits exactly? If anything less people means more job opportunity and higher wages, obviously.

Cameron has not been helping to regulate migration himself, but implies leavers are "quitters." Quitting on...what? If anything remainers are the quitters. They are terrified of standing on their own to continue trade and commerce. Japan is on its ones and it's the 3rd largest economy in the word, I believe. US is its own, there's no American union...there's just the US union.

Inexorably maybe you can help me here.
    Inexorably I meant how leaving affects jobs...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I just wanted to prove a point. Oops I made a mistake sorry, I meant 'English, I will correct that now.
    ...right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by floury)
    We live in the best country in the world and don't need the failing EU [/SIZE]
    dream on

the UK is a great country, but it needs the rest of Europe just like the rest of Europe needs the UK

ReputationRep:
    It's about containing and regulating who is here now and preventing an unmanageable situation in the future, which wasn't handled before, under Cameron. Not called "broken Britain" for nothing.
    Yet, most of the immigration comes outside of the EU and this situation would not improve if we leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertypoiop)
    Yet, most of the immigration comes outside of the EU and this situation would not improve if we leave.
    I'm on about migrants, not immigrants but don't just brag about immigration without stats and links bruv.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    dream on

the UK is a great country, but it needs the rest of Europe just like the rest of Europe needs the UK
    Lol a platitude/cliche statement.

Provide proof that one country needs another, through a continental union particularly...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    vv

Just in case you think Germany's perfect as well (like drogon.)
    Never said Germany was perfect. I just think it to be a very stupid move on their part that they've taken in a million people without any checks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Sorry by a few things I legit just meant my standpoint.

I think the amount of experts and world leaders who have recommended we remain in the EU in addition to some of the lies that have been debunked from remain e.g. 60% of laws from Europe, 350 million p/w.

Moreover I found that question about the last however many years as being some of the most peaceful amongst EU countries quite interesting, I'm surprised I haven't seen that brought up before on any other debate.

Ffs I'm gonna be dragged into a debate now aren't I.
    Sorry; I couldn't resist.

£350 million is technically correct; that is the gross figure. (Actually £385 million.)
    Considering the UK rebate/correction (which other member states hate us for having) the net figure is brought down to £245 million.
    Considering then the EU budget spent on the UK, the net figure is brought down to ~£168 million (actually a bit higher, but I rounded it down.)
    We still pay an excess of ~£168 million into the EU weekly.
    The EU budget that is spent on the UK (previously mentioned), we don't get to decide how it is spent, and it comes with an EU label; propaganda.

Did you know back in 2005 Tony Blair aimed to reform CAP in exchange for 20% of the rebate we get (rightfully so), but in the end we lost 20% of our rebate, and the EU never reformed CAP. The EU never fulfilled its end of the bargain.

tl;dr (better formatting)
    £385 million is the gross figure.
    UK rebate/correction reduces figure to £245 million.
    The UK lost 20% of its rebate unfairly, when the EU never kept their end of the bargain, when Tony Blair aimed to reform CAP. (P.S. We rightfully so had the UK rebate/correction, because for example the UK had a lot less farm land than other member states. There are also other reasons, but I don't want to be verbose.)
    The EU budget spent on the UK brings figure down to ~£168 million (rounded down); the UK doesn't get to decide how the EU budget is spent, and the EU budget comes with an EU label; propaganda, despite the excess of ~£168 million we pay for membership fees weekly (rounded down.)

ReputationRep:
    I'm on about migrants, not immigrants but don't just brag about immigration without stats and links bruv.
    http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/eu-r...ail/story.html

We can control non-EU immigration very easily, yet we choose not to.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I just wanted to prove a point. Oops I made a mistake sorry, I meant 'English, I will correct that now. Also not that its any of your business but I'm a German citizen. At least immigrants don't try to take over unlike what the Europeans did during the colonial period. Why are European countries richer than other countries? Because they stole from them and ruined their economies and industries.
    At your edit:

Are you still at primary school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Never said Germany was perfect. I just think it to be a very stupid move on their part that they've taken in a million people without any checks.
    I didn't think you did; I just quoted that in the off-chance you did.

It's just there seems to be a lot of self-hatred for this country, and although things are still far from perfect, it's a lot better than most other countries out there.

ReputationRep:

£350 million is technically correct; that is the gross figure. (Actually £385 million.)
    Considering the UK rebate/correction (which other member states hate us for having) the net figure is brought down to £245 million.
    Considering then the EU budget spent on the UK, the net figure is brought down to ~£168 million (actually a bit higher, but I rounded it down.)
    The EU budget that is spent on the UK (previously mentioned), we don't get to decide how it is spent, and it comes with an EU label; propaganda.

Did you know back in 2005 Tony Blair aimed to reform CAP in exchange for 20% of the rebate we get (rightfully so), but in the end we lost 20% of our rebate, and the EU never reformed CAP. The EU never fulfilled its end of the bargain.

The UK lost 20% of its rebate unfairly, when the EU never kept their end of the bargain, when Tony Blair aimed to reform CAP. (P.S. We rightfully so had the UK rebate/correction, because for example the UK had a lot less farm land than other member states. There are also other reasons, but I don't want to be verbose.)
    The EU budget spent on the UK brings figure down to ~£168 million (rounded down); the UK doesn't get to decide how the EU budget is spent, and the EU budget comes with an EU label; propaganda, despite the excess of ~£168 million we pay for membership fees weekly (rounded down.)
    £136m a week
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...uk-350m-a-week

ReputationRep:
    Inexorably I meant how leaving affects jobs...
    I imagine there are some industries/projects in the UK that are part-funded by the EU and moreover there are probably jobs linked to trading within the EU.

Though leave could probably argue that the money saved would just be redirected back into those industries/projects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by floury)
    I need the EU ... To get the **** out of my life. 60% of our laws come from Brussels and they make us throw away bananas if they're not sufficiently curved.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's what's known as a "Euromyth".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euromyth

ReputationRep:

Why u hav to do that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertypoiop)
    http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/eu-r...ail/story.html

We can control non-EU immigration very easily, yet we choose not to.
    Exactly, before clicking your link, I know that more than anything. We CAN control it. Hence me saying outside of this thread it needs to be MANAGED and REGULATED. Not completely banned. But it's not being managed is it? Do you know how bad the situation is? Honestly? Homelessness has increased by 300% and I think that's just in a particular English city. And guess why it has gone up? Because the land can't accommodate all these people? And guess why it's having so much difficulty? Because there's too many...and guess why? Because there's too much human fluidity in and out of here that's why, called migration. Migrants provide nothing. They come, take, and leave. Cameron would rather want to make HIS term as PM last longer and make it EASIER for HIS aptitude and let UK OVERRUN with an economic disaster, overpopulation, low ass wages, homelessness by the ears, than MANAGE. Yet he wants to remain? Don't make me laugh .

ReputationRep:
    Please elaborate on what you mean by "containing" and "regulating".

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.