Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    Actually it was the fault of the EU because the EU control the ECB who printed the money for Greece to loan ........

You know nothing.
    So people who borrow money, and spend it, aren't responsible for their own actions?

The law says people who are intoxicated (alcohol or drugs) and commit crimes are still guilty of those crimes. I don't see that people intoxicated by money can avoid their responsibilities in spending that money.

This money was borrowed by the Greek state, it was spent on the Greek state, it should be repaid by the Greek state.

The Greek people have had the choice on this issue, they have voted to stay in the euro. I think this says a lot about the alternatives you wish for them - they don't want those alternatives.

It's clear enough to me that you will be casting your vote today blinded by the propaganda of others, who just crave power for themselves and/or just enjoy the mischief they cause.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by typonaut)
    So people who borrow money, and spend it, aren't responsible for their own actions?

The law says people who are intoxicated (alcohol or drugs) and commit crimes are still guilty of those crimes. I don't see that people intoxicated by money can avoid their responsibilities in spending that money.

This money was borrowed by the Greek state, it was spent on the Greek state, it should be repaid by the Greek state.

The Greek people have had the choice on this issue, they have voted to stay in the euro. I think this says a lot about the alternatives you wish for them - they don't want those alternatives.

It's clear enough to me that you will be casting your vote today blinded by the propaganda of others, who just crave power for themselves and/or just enjoy the mischief they cause.
    Both are guilty.

Your trying say that Quantitative Easing is good. No it isn't. Its the hallmark of every failed economy in existence.

Quantitative Easing is as bad as creating illegal drugs because that's what it is. Its monetary heroin.

(Original post by PrincessZara)
    1. We’re much better off in the EU - Yes, it’s the government’s own Department for Business, Innovation and Skills which puts the overall gain to Britain at six per cent of our gross domestic product.This is at the extremes of the guesses in this continent-sized guessing game, though – some think-tanks think the EU costs Britain about the same amount.

2. We get to trade stuff with lots of Europeans - Trade stops wars. It also makes us a lot richer – and 50 per cent of all our trade is with the EU.All those goods and services slushing around the continent have brought prosperity to a continent which, let’s face it, has had a pretty ropy history.The process isn’t even complete, either – it’s hoped that finishing off the job of creating a truly single market could boost GDP by yet another seven per cent. According to the British government, of course.

3. There’s a chance your job could depend on the EU - OK, all the percentage points above might seem a little obscure. In fact they translate to something everyone can understand – jobs.There are an estimated 3.5 million jobs in Britain which are linked, one way or another, to the UK’s trade with the rest of Europe.Manufacturing would be hit especially hard. If Britain left the EU, the foreign companies which own most of Britain’s car factories, for example, would shift their business overnight.

4. Immigration isn’t all one-way - The free movement of people within the EU – and the huge immigration to Britain that results – is at the heart of the EU debate.But your attitude to the issue might be influenced by where you live. In Rhondda in Wales, just 0.6 per cent of the population are arrivals from the EU. At the other extreme, in Tottenham in London, 17 per cent are EU immigrants. The strain on local public services is bound to be felt more there.Plus, there’s a flipside to the immigration debate which doesn’t get talked about much: the 1.4 million Brits currently living in the EU who would be forced to return to their homeland if we left the EU.A sudden influx of returning Brits would pose, at least in the short-term, just as big a challenge to local councils.

5. Leaving Britain would be catastrophic for wine-drinkers - Here’s the real killer, though. At least in the short-term, the cost of a bottle of plonk is going to sky-rocket.If Britain left the EU, the cost of an imported bottle of wine would instantly jump by a third. In fact, all imports would be hit because the UK’s existing trade deals were all made via the EU at the World Trade Organisation.Any car bought from overseas would instantly become ten per cent more expensive, too. Puts fuel duty into perspective, doesn’t it?

This kind of pathetic blind propoganda posting is exactly why I was very tempted to spoil my ballot instead of voting.

**** your collective attitude.

ReputationRep:
    Both are guilty.

Your trying say that Quantitative Easing is good. No it isn't. Its the hallmark of every failed economy in existence.

Quantitative Easing is as bad as creating illegal drugs because that's what it is. Its monetary heroin.
    Now you are talking about a totally different thing. Greece was lent money, by lots of entities, to spend on its state functions (including the 2004 Olympics) - Greece is responsible for this debt, and the Greek people have accepted that.

Quantitative easing seems to have done reasonably well in the USA, it's arguable that it has sustained the UK economy too. But the reality is this has nothing to do with the EU referendum, it's just a symptom of government management of the economy.

ReputationRep:
    Now you are talking about a totally different thing. Greece was lent money, by lots of entities, to spend on its state functions (including the 2004 Olympics) - Greece is responsible for this debt, and the Greek people have accepted that.

Quantitative easing seems to have done reasonably well in the USA, it's arguable that it has sustained the UK economy too. But the reality is this has nothing to do with the EU referendum, it's just a symptom of government management of the economy.
    Remember this statement.

"Quantitative easing seems to have done reasonably well in the USA".

I will hold you too it.

ReputationRep:
    Remember this statement.

"Quantitative easing seems to have done reasonably well in the USA".

I will hold you too it.
    Take a look at this chart, set it to 10 years, you can see that there have only been two negative quarters in the GDP growth of the USA since the beginning of 2010:

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/unit...tes/gdp-growth

Given the ongoing shocks since the 2007/08 crash that seems like a pretty good record to me.

ReputationRep:
    If you forget a pen, draw the X in so severely that it leaves an indentation in the paper. My polling station didn't provide rubbers, so if anyone tries to rub out my vote, it will look obviously tampered with.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Take a look at this chart, set it to 10 years, you can see that there have only been two negative quarters in the GDP growth of the USA since the beginning of 2010:

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/unit...tes/gdp-growth

Given the ongoing shocks since the 2007/08 crash that seems like a pretty good record to me.
    Sure but that chart doesn't show that US Stock markets are addicted to QE money.

Look at this video. Go to the 12 min mark. There is my proof behind my statements.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqOtSokKRxs

ReputationRep:
    Same thing for getting Gold n Silver @ spot price in London but to be honest for the sake of a few quid I'm not going to fill my lungs with London smog. The air quality is terrible in the capital.
    Chichester is literally Hatton garden in the market cross area with no cars, more history, and some more reasonable prices in the mix

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessZara)
    1. We’re much better off in the EU - Yes, it’s the government’s own Department for Business, Innovation and Skills which puts the overall gain to Britain at six per cent of our gross domestic product.This is at the extremes of the guesses in this continent-sized guessing game, though – some think-tanks think the EU costs Britain about the same amount.

2. We get to trade stuff with lots of Europeans - Trade stops wars. It also makes us a lot richer – and 50 per cent of all our trade is with the EU.All those goods and services slushing around the continent have brought prosperity to a continent which, let’s face it, has had a pretty ropy history.The process isn’t even complete, either – it’s hoped that finishing off the job of creating a truly single market could boost GDP by yet another seven per cent. According to the British government, of course.

3. There’s a chance your job could depend on the EU - OK, all the percentage points above might seem a little obscure. In fact they translate to something everyone can understand – jobs.There are an estimated 3.5 million jobs in Britain which are linked, one way or another, to the UK’s trade with the rest of Europe.Manufacturing would be hit especially hard. If Britain left the EU, the foreign companies which own most of Britain’s car factories, for example, would shift their business overnight.

4. Immigration isn’t all one-way - The free movement of people within the EU – and the huge immigration to Britain that results – is at the heart of the EU debate.But your attitude to the issue might be influenced by where you live. In Rhondda in Wales, just 0.6 per cent of the population are arrivals from the EU. At the other extreme, in Tottenham in London, 17 per cent are EU immigrants. The strain on local public services is bound to be felt more there.Plus, there’s a flipside to the immigration debate which doesn’t get talked about much: the 1.4 million Brits currently living in the EU who would be forced to return to their homeland if we left the EU.A sudden influx of returning Brits would pose, at least in the short-term, just as big a challenge to local councils.

5. Leaving Britain would be catastrophic for wine-drinkers - Here’s the real killer, though. At least in the short-term, the cost of a bottle of plonk is going to sky-rocket.If Britain left the EU, the cost of an imported bottle of wine would instantly jump by a third. In fact, all imports would be hit because the UK’s existing trade deals were all made via the EU at the World Trade Organisation.Any car bought from overseas would instantly become ten per cent more expensive, too. Puts fuel duty into perspective, doesn’t it?
    "We get to trade...stuff?"

Wine drinkers?...

First off...you're not even old enough to vote and thank God

Secondly, you can get as many little reps as you like for appealing to the general TSR demographic (children of colour/liberal young adults who fall for the same nonsense), but I assure you the race is tight, it's anybody's lead, no matter what you try to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    It's good that people can selfie their votes. So if any monkey business goes on lol people have proof how they voted
    can you pm me to say how you voted? You're pretty quiet about politics but I'm curious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    It's good that people can selfie their votes. So if any monkey business goes on lol people have proof how they voted
    can you pm me to say how you voted? You're pretty quiet about politics but I'm curious
    i went to the actual votey place and did it even took my own pen and tin foil hat!

ReputationRep:
    i went to the actual votey place and did it even took my own pen and tin foil hat!
    votey place :rofl: I meant which did you pick love, not literally how ya did it :P
    awwh tin foil hat leave it out yea :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    votey place :rofl: I meant which did you pick love, not literally how ya did it :P
    awwh tin foil hat leave it out yea :rofl:
    yea the votey place :')
    i voted out. before anyone jumps on this, i dont usually dabble in politics so iv not paid much attention to the pros and cons of each side, iv only heard stuff about out and how it would be good etc so i just chose the out vote.

i like my tin foil hat dont diss, il cry :'(

ReputationRep:
    Charlie Brooker's response to the 'bring your pen' conspiradroidal.
    https://twitter.com/charltonbrooker/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Someone in the polling booth at my polling station had the foresight to leave a pen there

ReputationRep:
    yea the votey place :'
    i voted out. before anyone jumps on this, i dont usually dabble in politics so iv not paid much attention to the pros and cons of each side, iv only heard stuff about out and how it would be good etc so i just chose the out vote.

i like my tin foil hat dont diss, il cry :'(
    You party hard. You're fit. You voted Out.

Is this a dream or are you almost perfect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    Someone in the polling booth at my polling station had the foresight to leave a pen there
    my friend did that haha

You party hard. You're fit. You voted Out.

Is this a dream or are you almost perfect?
    aww aint you the cutest <3

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.