Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How did you vote in the referendum? Watch

• View Poll Results: How did you vote in the referendum on Eu membership?
    Remain in the EU
    61.89%
    Leave the EU
    23.55%
    Did not vote/spoiled ballot.
    14.56%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    I betrayed supreme leader Jeremy Corbyn and voted Leave. It will be the gulag for me for sure.
    He doesn't truly want to remain he just sold his morals for power.

ReputationRep:
    Leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    He doesn't truly want to remain he just sold his morals for power.
    Like Boris Johnson. Wouldn't surprise me if he actually voted remain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I voted Steve

ReputationRep:
    Voted Leave.

ReputationRep:
    With a deep sense of ambivalence, and a general sense of regret and anger that we have been brought to this point by the EU's incessant need to expand its competences and the failure of successive governments to put transfers of sovereignty to a vote, I voted to leave and take back control.

(Original post by Bornblue)
    Like Boris Johnson. Wouldn't surprise me if he actually voted remain.
    That doesn't make any sense. The only way he becomes PM is if there is a leave vote.

ReputationRep:
    i havent voted yet (just got home) but i will vote remain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    How did you vote?

I voted remain in the end. :emo:

May God have mercy on my soul.

Only vote in this poll if you are old enough to vote! I don't want under 18s checking the "did not vote" box
    You made the right decision, so I think your soul will be fine.

I voted remain too.

Voted remain
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Remain, obviously. It was my first time voting in person. Quite anticlimatic, really!

ReputationRep:
    I found this video quite poignant. Big European cities lit up their flagship buildings in the colours of the Union Jack today to show their friendship and solidarity with the UK staying in Europe.

https://www.facebook.com/BusinessIns...7/?pnref=story

ReputationRep:
    Whats everyone's reasons for remaining or Leaving? Or is it that people around them have peer pressured them? Im just curious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenGeorge)
    I voted leave but I cant see us winning. I'm hoping the elderly push us over the mark.
    I most certainly hope not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Remain

And the relevant legislation seems to be unclear.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-36599900
    "While the polls are open, it is a criminal offence for anyone, not just broadcasters, to publish anything about the way in which people have voted in the referendum, where that is based on information given by voters after they have voted.

That includes, of course, anything emerging from exit polls (which, by definition, are asking people how they actually voted), although the broadcasters themselves have not commissioned any exit polls for this vote.

In addition, no opinion poll on any issue relating to the referendum can be published by broadcasters until after the polls have closed."

BUT that doesn't say that individuals can't state their own vote. So it might be that the thread poll is a problem, but these posts are OK.
    I understand it would just be the media who are unable to broadcast about the results/ voting, or any campaigning for either side.

People are allowed to say how they vote, and express their desire to vote in a certain way; so I feel what we have done is all right.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by adam9317)
    I understand it would just be the media who are unable to broadcast about the results/ voting, or any campaigning for either side.

People are allowed to say how they vote, and express their desire to vote in a certain way; so I feel what we have done is all right.
    Probably

It would just be the poll that might be questionable in my view - but IANAL...

Anyway POLLS ARE CLOSED. :yay:

RESULTS ARE AWAITED... :cookie::cookie::cookie:

ReputationRep:
    Remain!

ReputationRep:
    Leave

Good luck everyone!
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    This is nail biting. It's like a mega Eurovision results vote and General Election rolled into one.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    13% here spoilt ballot - that makes no sense to me in any election, but in this one it literally makes no sense...

ReputationRep:
    I voted remain, and then went again for my mum and voted remain again.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.