ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-06-24 at 11.59.22.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  67.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    There is a petition calling for a 2nd Referendum.

It's so popular it is crashing the gov site
    => https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7099996.html
    Sore loser! :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to sign it but the I am not receiving the link in my email...

ReputationRep:
    There is no basis for a second referendum.

ReputationRep:
    Only 120k votes so far :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gora The Xplorer)
    There is no basis for a second referendum.
    completely agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBD!N)
    completely agree
    and I voted remain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gora The Xplorer)
    and I voted remain.
    I just think fair is fair and the people have spoken. Even if some people backed a side for the wrong reason.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by physicsphysics91)
    Only 120k votes so far :rofl:
    63% of them are Leavers who've realised they made a mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    63% of them are Leavers who've realised they made a mistake.

I think people are just coming to terms with what some of the consequences might be...

ReputationRep:
    The failure to accept the result of a democratic vote from supposedly democratic people is annoying me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racoon)
    But I think the question needs to be asked how many people voted to leave based on the 'assumption' that the £350m pledge given for the NHS was a fact and not an error in the Brexit campaign?
    doesn't matter, every voter should've double checked/done their own research if they were so bothered by falsities. Next you'll be saying 'how do you know people whereat bribed with chocolate by their neighbour to vote'

ReputationRep:
    I don't see a point - turnout was high enough, and I think that a second referendum would only make the Leavers more determined while deterring the "soft" Remainers from voting again.

ReputationRep:
    Leave won by over a million votes. There wont be a second referendum.

ReputationRep:
    The best thing we can do now is look at how to make the most of what has happened. regardless of whether you are pro-Brexit or not. Let's all pull together and do what's best for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.J MAN)
    The best thing we can do now is look at how to make the most of what has happened. regardless of whether you are pro-Brexit or not. Let's all pull together and do what's best for everyone.
    Which is do nothing. There's nothing your average Joe can do any more - it's all in the hands of Brussels and the Tories.

ReputationRep:
    The oracle have spoken already and it voted "LEAVE", would be funny as **** if this was successful and Leave won again. But ofc it won't go ahead again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.J MAN)
    No we can't just "pull together" because the polarity between right and left, liberal and conservative, is just too great, hasn't this vote shown that? I guess that, in true stiff-upper-lipped British style we'll carry on regardless (what's the alternative?) But the days when we united as a nation ended in the last World War. This is a civil war, you just have to choose your corner and fight for it.

ReputationRep:
    This is getting ridiculous.

A petition for another referendum just because the Remain didn't get what they want? It will then become never ending.

Pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    We can pull together regardless of this outcome. Time to start working together.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.