Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Remainers are a ****ing whiny lot, ffs we haven't murdered anyone (rant) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tootles44)
    dont leave me hanging now...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    send a quick pm
    I wish I could be bothered to go to Wood Green High street again (I was there this morning) to take photos of the beggars alone

ReputationRep:
    why do you think so few are for leave? obviously we think we made the right decision but why can't they see that?
    How did you make the right decision, explain your reasoning using facts , not to gain sovereignty blah blah.

I guess only time will tell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    No, you don't understand the markets. Yes, they go up and down. But it's not normal for a currency to drop 10% in a day, and it's not normal to lose £130b in a few hours. This isn't just some random little fluctuation.
    I do more than you. There is no bank run therefore I know we will weather this very quickly. The reason there has been a massive decline is because the traders were arrogant and need to compensate for thief poor judgement. As can be seen, it's already stabilising

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    I've experienced the same thing. I haven't spoken to most of my old friends from school for a while but given what they're spewing I wouldn't fancy discussing this referendum with them... you'd think we'd voted to kill all the world's puppies or something
    Freedom m8

ReputationRep:
    Ummmm ..... 'nativity'? I'm not sure that word fits in this context......

ReputationRep:
    Listen, this forum is overwhelmingly Liberal.

You can tell by the votes.

The remainers are minorities who want to overthrow the white majority through immigration, such like Islamic extremists admit all over Europe and the world. Or, White Kids who have been brainwashed by the Marxist, Liberal school system.

ReputationRep:
    ALSO it would be a GREAT for all of us if Scotland Leaves

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Every ******** on my Facebook feed has posted ominous posts berating the leave voters like a bunch of whiny petulant children. Things like 'I want to vomit', 'thanks everyone who ****ed us over, you selfish *****', 'it's a dark dark day today', 'thanks for ruining our lives'.

****ing hell we haven't declared war, it hasn't even been half a day and already they think they can predict the future. Complete and utter lefty idiots the lot of them, they've never seen hardship in their life and don't understand reality and the concept of hard work and struggle before you can reap the rewards. The absolute nativity of thinking that the world is one big friendly fluffy cloud where people hold hands and live happily ever after is insane. Utter loons.

I dont know a single person my age voting leave, but I feel like I have to defend myself. Just today some idiot at the gym tried to have a go at me when I told him I voted leave (he asked). Like mate, I dont want to have a bloomin debate with you on the gym floor especially when you completely stink.

For the Leave voters, fantastic stuff and i'm glad we managed to pull this off against all the odds. Think of it like being parents to children throwing tantrums. Of course theyre going to want to eat chocolate cake for lunch and dinner and throw tantrums like you've ruined their lives and are out to get them, but we know whats best and that preventing them from causing harm to themselves will do good in the long run even though they may not understand now (or ever) or take for granted that their is someone looking out for them.

Happy independence day.

(end rant)
    You think Facebook's bad? Try Twitter! :headfire:

ReputationRep:
    I feel like the fact you have started a thread, on a forum for students, calling all of the remain voters 'complete and utter lefty idiots' is really a testament to how unstable you are as a person. Honestly, the fact that you felt the need to start a thread just to swear and berate remain voters is laughable. What is this thread going to accomplish? Are you discussing the massive possible impacts, positive and negative that your decision will have on this county? No, you're simply circlejerking around your own opinion, while generalizing those that don't agree with you as 'lefty idiots'. Please, actually hold a worthwhile discussion. Stop jerking your leaving dong and begin evaluating what your decision now means. Mill over everything. Give your points and give your view while simultaneously acknowledging the views and opinions of other people. It might be hard, but give it a go.

(Also, you are a massive hypocrite! Seriously! You talk about people angrily posting 'whiny' statuses on Facebook, when YOU HAVE LITERALLY DONE THE EXACT SAME! WHAT YOU HAVE POSTED HERE IS LITERALLY WHINING! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    I've experienced the same thing. I haven't spoken to most of my old friends from school for a while but given what they're spewing I wouldn't fancy discussing this referendum with them... you'd think we'd voted to kill all the world's puppies or something
    Yep, my school is crazy angry with the referendum results too...but I'm chuffed as hell!

ReputationRep:
    I trade currencies (no, I'm not a spoilt rich "****** banker"...it is just nearly impossible to get a job in this town. I am working and studying very hard to rectify my situation). The way the market has been behaving in the past few weeks is to price the outcome of a "Remain" vote into its movement. So the pound had been increasing in value a little bit because of that.

Also, these large banks do their own polling (they hire other companies to do it for them) into opinion on elections (or a referendum, in this case). At 10pm last night, when the voting closed, there was a relatively large increase in GBP value over the space of 15 minutes, so their own research and polling must have yielded a "remain" outcome. For those of you that dislike investment banks, they probably lost a lot of money when the actual results began trickling in, so, karma.

The pound has taken a huge drop in value very quickly, no way round it. But some of that is due to the assumption of the financial markets that people would vote remain, which increased the value of the pound. The market has corrected somewhat today, but it is a case of wait and see in the long term. I think probably there will be a recession, but couldn't say how severe.

I didn't vote myself, because I am emigrating in a year or two to the states, and I felt it wouldn't be right. But in the long term, the EU will not survive in its current form. It isn't feasible for the richer countries.eg.Germany, to keep propping up the poorer countries who cannot contribute.eg. Greece.

Neither remain or leave were attractive options (both are going to cause pain, whether now or in future), and I think the government should not have let their hand be pushed into having a referendum this early, when we are still recovering from the shock of the financial crisis and eurozone crisis.

People always get angry when they feel their own interests are threatened, and while there is no excuse for insulting people over what, when it comes right down to it, is a difference in opinion about information they have been given or read, it is understandable there is a strong reaction and people getting heated. It's human nature to worry about your own interests. The response would be the same if Remain had won and Leave had lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    Remainers are mostly left wing. When lefties don't get their way they show their true colours just as they did when the conservatives won a majority.
    Not true.... many traditional left voters voted leave. It's because those that are generally represented by the left aren't full left politically.

Most pure Remainers are in my personal opinion are closer to the centre. Around here at least centre right, centre left and centre voters seem to be remain (aka moderates), while it was mostly the left & right who voted leave, lefts base has always been extremely anti-immigration outside of it's political classes.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.