The Student Room Group

After the result, would you have voted differently?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Manchester_123
Remain didn't deserve to win because they had nothing good to say about the EU, very very negative campaign

Because we were already in the EU. What were we meant to say?

"The EU will be great for our economy!" well no, because we're already in the EU, so we had to say "leaving the EU would be bad for our economy!"

We could only talk about what we had to lose, because we were campaigning against taking away what we already had.

That's not even true anyway, there was a lot of good said about the EU.
Me and my family only voted out to protest against the system. We were absolutely certain remain would win, I didn't think leave would actually win

Worst post in TSR history.
Original post by chelseadagg3r
I've seen a couple of people on Facebook, friends of friends, saying they felt differently now the vote is over and the results are out and wish they'd voted differently. Regardless of your stance on the EU referendum, would anyone else have voted differently?

No, because I thought out my choice
Original post by BioStudentx
How could farage promise anything? He's not in power the torys are. His idea is that money sent to the EU should be used on the NHS instead (whether its 1p or 350 million). I'm a little confused at people saying "farage backtracked his promise wah wah wah". When did he have the power in the first place to implement anything? He doesn't get to decide where a single penny goes... He's not chancellor and he's not in the tory party. if that's why people did vote leave then they're really stupid...

I don't know about you, but this kind of implies that the money would go to the NHS.
(edited 7 years ago)
Me and my family only voted out to protest against the system. We were absolutely certain remain would win, I didn't think leave would actually win

I am speechless........................................
Why is it a bad reason to vote against the establishment?

I never actually thought we would leave

... Because this is what it leads to. LEAVING.

I wouldn't care if you genuinely believed we should Leave, but simply voting for it to be "rebellious" is completely ludicrous.

I can't believe I even need to spell it out for you why it's stupid. Smh. :s-smilie:
Original post by flyingpanda
... Because this is what it leads to. LEAVING.

I wouldn't care if you genuinely believed we should Leave, but simply voting for it to be "rebellious" is completely ludicrous.

I can't believe I even need to spell it out for you why it's stupid. Smh. :s-smilie:

Well nothing we can do now. It wasn't my fault. Blame the polls. They all said remain would win so I had nothing to worry about

I don't know about you, but this kind of implies that the money would go to the NHS.

Yeah but the people running the bus aren't the chancellor of the tory party? They hope that the money gets used on the NHS (as do I). But since we voted for the torys I doubt it...
Original post by dancing sloth
I am speechless........................................

There are already many around the country agreeing with me, surely that constitutes for another referendum does it not?
Original post by jchampjchamp
Worst post in TSR history.

Why?
Reply 70
I didn't vote. I didn't realise how strongly I wanted to stay until I found out the results today and I just felt a bit gloomy, if I had the chance again, I'd vote to stay.
No, I stand by and still claim that the UK was stronger in the EU. I however wish that many others who had the same view as me voted as so many stood idly by and did nothing.
Also, bashing those who voted to leave is very childish, we should respect their views as much as they should respect ours.
Jesus how many people didn't vote then? :lol:
Original post by Vikingninja
Why would you change your vote because of the voting results?

lot's of people have said this. So many have voted based on lies and propaganda, they are now realising the mess they voted for.

Original post by The Roast
No they haven't, even France has vowed to stand by it's "friendly" neighbour.

Leaders of the remaining EU states are respecting our decision, albeit with some regret.

you are deluded mate, Brussels are essentially telling the UK to gtfo right now, they certainly have no time for you lot to fight over leadership. Spain is probably 90% going to stick a big fat border up by Gibraltar now as they've wanted to for years, and who knows what kind of tariffs the EU will put up if you want to trade with anyone within it. Even if they do 'stick by' as you say, that only means they won't be ***** about it and do **** like put up tariffs, expect 0 help from anyone in the EU, rest assured you will need it. It isn't pre-1950s anymore mate. As Putin said, you are just a small insignificant island living in the past. All you little Englanders are in for a reality check.
(edited 7 years ago)
There are already many around the country agreeing with me, surely that constitutes for another referendum does it not?

I wish.....

But do keep saying what you're saying.

You are doing the right thing. (Now.)

There should never never be another referendum on such a complex issue again.

We vote in trained politicians who understand economics etc to make sensible decisions, not to leave our future to be decided by the uneducated unfinancially aware.

How did you feel when leave did win?
So after he reveals his promises were lies, you go forth and believe other things he says? :s-smilie:

No but I think it was obvious that it wasn't all going to go to the NHS
Reply 77
It's been 2 days, economic decrease was expected, the FTSE 100 has gone back up. We have 2 years before anything actually happens. No one will stop trading with us. CALM THE **** DOWN

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending