Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsphysics91)
    Keep on reading ya freakonomics pretending you're an IB while you solve 3x + 2 = 4 :rofl:
    Doesn't x = EQUALITY!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    Doesn't x = EQUALITY!
    oh ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thutmose-III)
    You are becoming highly emotional. You should probably have a cup of tea, a valium and a lie down, pet.

The economic numbers speak for themselves. It was the Remain camp who were saying the stock market's moves earlier today were cast-iron proof they were correct. They can't then cry foul and start hurling accusations when the market turns and is now up (and I'm sorry pet but that is an indisputable fact; started the week at 6021 and ended the week at 6138)

Anyway, I don't need to justify anything. I won and you lost
    You think you've won, but come back when Scotland leave, when Northern Ireland leave, when thousands of international businesses relocate, when other countries in the EU drop out.

Poor thing, you genuinely can't even see your mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveDogg23)
    I do undrstand that - It is no longer a nation being controlled by unelected bureucrats in Brussels! POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
    When Scotland leaves, will it be worth it? Worth dividing the UK into three separate nations for being able to make a few useless laws for ourselves? You people are so uninformed its hilarious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_BCFC)
    you have no idea what you're talking about, stop embarrassing yourself
    Tell me that again when Scotland leaves, don't think it won't happen little boy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelstresss)
    You think you've won, but come back when Scotland leave, when Northern Ireland leave, when thousands of international businesses relocate, when other countries in the EU drop out.

Poor thing, you genuinely can't even see your mistake.
    I bet you want us leave voters to grovel at your feet.

ReputationRep:
    I bet you want us leave voters to grovel at your feet.
    I want you to realise that you're responsible for the oncoming separation of Scotland and possibly Northern Ireland from England. Take back control of your sovreignty then buddy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thutmose-III)
    He is highly emotional because being "European" is a huge part of his identity that allows him to feel sophisticated and worldly. In reality he is probably, like most middle-class Europhiles, quite provincial and parochial (i.e. never travelled outside Europe, very unaware of Asian cultures, looks down on Americans despite never having travelled there or travelled widely)

Europhilia allows boring middle-class Brits to feel like they are worldly and sophisticated without actually having to be so. It's also a cipher for a real identity given they have abandoned the English/British identity about which the upper and working-classes still feel attached and comfortable
    You're fast becoming my favourite poster on this site :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I want you to realise that you're responsible for the oncoming separation of Scotland and possibly Northern Ireland from England. Take back control of your sovreignty then buddy.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with being salty because 52% of my country consists of uninformed people who have no perspective of the world around them.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with being salty because 52% of my country consists of uninformed people who have no perspective of the world around them.
    Then move somewhere less democratic, I suggest Syria.

ReputationRep:
    Well to be fair I wanted Scotland to declare Independence anyway and Northern Ireland doing the same is pretty good.

Individual nations getting what they want. That is freedom & democracy.

ReputationRep:
    Well to be fair I wanted Scotland to declare Independence anyway and Northern Ireland doing the same is pretty good.

Individual nations getting what they want. That is freedom & democracy.
    and I suppose you also want foreign businesses to abandon the UK?

ReputationRep:
    Then move somewhere less democratic, I suggest Syria.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drogon)

The labour party will be wiped out, lol.
    It has already vanished in Scotland. UKIP is getting stronger in the North at each election.

ReputationRep:
    Scotland isn't going to leave. I don't care how much they want to be in the EU; the economic argument for Scotland leaving was suspect the first time they voted on the matter. With oil prices in the toilet, there is no economic argument for Scottish independence.

And Northern Ireland ain't going anywhere either. The splits between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland are founded in religion, which runs far deeper than any sense of allegiance to Brussels, so they aren't going to join their southern cousins. And they can hardly go for outright independence; again, what is their economy going to be founded on?

ReputationRep:
    That comment, right there, sums up why Britain voted to leave. The utter ignorance of such a statement beggars belief.

Lots of people on low to middle income have suffered at the hands of globalisation, and specifically open-door immigration. They've seen jobs being given to foreign workers because they're willing to work for less and in worse conditions, which has also placed downwards pressure on the wages of low skilled occupations. They're worried about whether they will be able to get a place for their kids in the local school, they're worried about whether they'll be able to be seen by their GP and they're worried how they'll manage to get onto the housing ladder with demand so manifestly outstripping supply. These are all totally reasonable concerns, motivated not by xenophobia but by what they've seen happen in their communities over the past decade or two. And whilst immigration isn't the only thing contributing to these issues, it certainly plays a part.

And the remain campaign response? 'Stop being so racist, if you oppose immigration and globalisation it's because you're inwards-looking and dislike foreigners and too stupid to understand what's really going on'. No attempt to alleviate those fears, no attempt to set out how these problems can be resolved, just 'shut up, you're too stupid to understand'. It's frankly insulting. I voted leave, but i can understand why someone would vote to remain and respect that decision. The remainers, on the other hand, seem to take this moral high ground where everyone who voted leave is just a quasi-fascist who doesn't understand economics. It's ignorant, it's condescending and above all, it's just cost you the referendum.

Three months ago, it was inconceivable we would leave. The referendum was the remainers' to lose. And by a combination of belittling those who have legitimate concerns with immigration and fighting a campaign of vitriolic diatribe aimed at the leaders of leave - most prominently in the direction of Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage - they've blown it.

So enjoy your moral high ground. It's just caused you to lose the referendum.

ReputationRep:
    and I suppose you also want foreign businesses to abandon the UK?
    Nope Businesses are welcome as long as they produce profits.

ReputationRep:
    Nope Businesses are welcome as long as they produce profits.
    Lol they're gonna abandon us, we won't have any say here buddy, the UK lost lost all its attractiveness for business investment. There go jobs, bye bye, and there goes economic integrity. Did you want that as well? Or are you only just getting a grasp of how majorly you people ****** up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke Kostanjsek)
    That comment, right there, sums up why Britain voted to leave. The utter ignorance of such a statement beggars belief.

Lots of people on low to middle income have suffered at the hands of globalisation, and specifically open-door immigration. They've seen jobs being given to foreign workers because they're willing to work for less and in worse conditions, which has also placed downwards pressure on the wages of low skilled occupations. They're worried about whether they will be able to get a place for their kids in the local school, they're worried about whether they'll be able to be seen by their GP and they're worried how they'll manage to get onto the housing ladder with demand so manifestly outstripping supply. These are all totally reasonable concerns, motivated not by xenophobia but by what they've seen happen in their communities over the past decade or two. And whilst immigration isn't the only thing contributing to these issues, it certainly plays a part.

And the remain campaign response? 'Stop being so racist, if you oppose immigration and globalisation it's because you're inwards-looking and dislike foreigners and too stupid to understand what's really going on'. No attempt to alleviate those fears, no attempt to set out how these problems can be resolved, just 'shut up, you're too stupid to understand'. It's frankly insulting. I voted leave, but i can understand why someone would vote to remain and respect that decision. The remainers, on the other hand, seem to take this moral high ground where everyone who voted leave is just a quasi-fascist who doesn't understand economics. It's ignorant, it's condescending and above all, it's just cost you the referendum.

Three months ago, it was inconceivable we would leave. The referendum was the remainers' to lose. And by a combination of belittling those who have legitimate concerns with immigration and fighting a campaign of vitriolic diatribe aimed at the leaders of leave - most prominently in the direction of Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage - they've blown it.

So enjoy your moral high ground. It's just caused you to lose the referendum.
    So the solution to poor people suffering is to leave one of the main reasons they aren't in even worse poverty?

The 'lower-middle class' who voted for Brexit will be hit hardest, and they don't even know it. This was mainly an anti-establishment vote or an immigrant hate vote.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.