Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Did you vote LEAVE? Do you now regret this? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I voted Leave for numerous reasons and am pleased with the result which sounds increasingly like EFTA, my desired outcome given that even hardened Euro-skeptics like Daniel Hannan have been suggesting that we'll give some way on immigration in order to maintain access to the single market.

I expected short term pain and market instibility however with 10 year gilt yields falling on Friday it looks as though even long term investors believe that the UK will be fine in the long run.
    EFTA would be sensible IMO, I don't think anyone thinks losing access to the single market is a good idea.

I accept that my side lost but I find it hilarious that free movement and £350 million a week are already going out the window within 48 hours of the result. They were the two biggies in the Leave campaign after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samiz)
    You'd have thought the Remainers would stop the fear narrative now that it's over. At least some have.
    Can you please respond to every paragraph in my post and explain how I am wrong please?

I'd rather not be in a state of fear over our economy, it is an adverse state. So go ahead, debunk the economists. Bet you can't though. Like your friend, all you can come up with is an elerabote replication of "erm nope".

You are defying all logic and rationality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apfin2)
    The Brexit vote was partly a protest. Many people did not vote for damage to the economy and the prospect of Scotland leaving the UK.

WANTED - names to sign up to a new petition urging fresh negotiations with the EU followed by a second EU referendum. Email apfin2 at gmail dot com if you voted LEAVE but now regret this.
    Going to need 2 million names minimum :^)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    EFTA would be sensible IMO, I don't think anyone thinks losing access to the single market is a good idea.

I accept that my side lost but I find it hilarious that free movement and £350 million a week are already going out the window within 48 hours of the result. They were the two biggies in the Leave campaign after all.
    Exactly, rubbishes some of the scare stories.

In fairness they'll get progress on the two issues. If some thought they'd get everything then that's their fault.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Exactly, rubbishes some of the scare stories.

In fairness they'll get progress on the two issues. If some thought they'd get everything then that's their fault.
    I'm also hoping than EFTA or something similar would be enough to keep Scotland on board and stop the UK breaking up(although l'll definitely be applying for a Scottish passport via family connections if events play out that way).

How Corbyn is hanging on is beyond me. I'm not even convinced he voted Remain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester_123)
    The government is already saying they could consider holding a second referendum because of the petition
    They have to consider it because it beat the minimum votes. But it will be laughed at in actual discussion, they'll treat it like a bunch of whiny kids who are upset they didn't get their choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xelfrost)
    I Voted Leave, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I've seen the young Remainers cry (Literally in some cases) for the past two days. These people are weak.

Remain lost, deal with it.
    Its been ****ing great hasn't it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.