Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

People who voted remain who aren't being dramatic and ridiculous post Brexit decision Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    Secondly: when we rejoin the EU, it will be as a fully integrated member, euro and all, and thus in the long term be better for Britain, Europe and the world.
    Absurd reasoning. We won't be rejoining after we split.

If you think the response to this referendum was bad, any government who rejoined the EU and made us take the euro would provoke mass civil unrest, riots, you name it.

ReputationRep:
    And people who think Scotland leaving is motivated by Brexit is just naive. Seriously, they hate Westminster, and Sturgeon has been using the referendum as an opportunity to get independence which they wanted when the whole of the UK was in the EU remember?

They only voted no because people were scared of change, just like all the remainers were about Brexit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cecily Neville)
    And at that point (within a year) I am happy to start discussing with some numbers about the impacts of this decision. But right now, none of us can, and that's what I wish remainers would stop claiming, that they have a crystal ball of some sort.
    I don't understand why you are consistently undermining the predictions made by top economists? It's part of what economists do? To liken it to looking through a crystal ball is massively undermining their role. And the predictions are so logical and within reason that you would be a fool to ignore them.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post66100091

I'm still awaiting a Brexiter to provide some comfort regarding these adverse economic consequences. All I've received so far is an 'erm nope'.

People like you frustrate me. Just because you do not feel as strongly as others regarding Brexit, you can't try to censor others expressions of concern. Saying "I voted to stay" does not give you any more moral grounds to criticize people's reactions than someone who voted to leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    I think that Remainers risk their voices being lost in this whole furore over a second referendum, but, as I say, by posting as you have, you actually promote a positive voice for the Remain side, allowing both factions (Leave and Remain) to work together to make Brexit work.

I have respect for OP not behaving like a three year old and throwing a tantrum because she didn't get the outcome she wanted. I have respect for OP for acting like an adult in trying to make this work and accepting democracy. What I don't have respect for are the Remainers who are behaving like cry babies because they didn't get their own way.
    Yeah because that's the reality now....i.e. we have to work to make Brexit work rather than dwelling on the fact we voted for a different outcome.

There has been a lot of tantrum-like behaviour and I get it, I get why people are unhappy but why in the same breath do they have the right to demonise and dehumanise the leave voters? That to me is the worst part of what I have observed. I accept people being uncertain or worried- I don't accept this casual stereotyping and judgemental behaviour because it is just what they apparently oppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsphysics91)
    Better not let @JordanL_ Fullofsurprises tanyapotter jneill post here, its too civilised.
    we're allowed to be frustrated by your stupidity lmao

ReputationRep:

I have respect for OP not behaving like a three year old and throwing a tantrum because she didn't get the outcome she wanted. I have respect for OP for acting like an adult in trying to make this work and accepting democracy. What I don't have respect for are the Remainers who are behaving like cry babies because they didn't get their own way.
    Not respecting those who strongly oppose your ideology is such a stain on your character.

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to create a thread where people who actually voted remain could chat about what they now think post -Brexit decision but without all this hysteria and hyperbole being spouted by a lot of the remainers.

I don't want to talk about whether it should have been a referendum for people to vote in because it was.

I don't want to talk about whether old people should be allowed to vote because they were and should be.

I don't want to talk about this momentary and inevitable dip in sterling to justify how terrible leaving is for the economy. It's not even been a week.

I don't want to hear unsubstantiated predictions.

I don't want to discuss things in this doom and gloom attitude like omg everything is terrible I'm ashamed to be British what about my future wah wah ****ing wah.

I wanna discuss the benefits of Brexit in the long term, how we mitigate the short term issues, what to take away from the vote in terms of political awareness and demographic turn out and how Brexit will affect the mood towards party politics in years to come.

I want to talk to remainers who actually didn't get emotional and ridiculous about the vote and who are thinking pragmatically about the future of the U.K.

I've had enough of irony and whinging from the remain voters and the sheer elitism and judgemental behaviour. I want to speak with other remain voters who are being rational and reasoned and not being divisive and stereotyping the majority of this nation.

I have a few articles that I've read in the aftermath which have really resonated and made me feel positive about the future despite the fact the outcome was not what I wanted.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...economic-world

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/06...-young-people/

http://hurryupharry.org/2016/06/26/i...-north-gromit/
    We will reverse the decision even if it means civil war. We will make sure old can't vote anymore. Corbyn and his filth will be ousted. 450 MPs plan to reject the result in parliament. We will make sure the true feeling of the people is felt. You better pick a side quickly if you believe in true democracy. Over my dead body will we leave

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    I don't understand why you are consistently undermining the predictions made by top economists? It's part of what economists do? To liken it to looking through a crystal ball is massively undermining their role. And the predictions are so logical and within reason that you would be a fool to ignore them.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post66100091

I'm still awaiting a Brexiter to provide some comfort regarding these adverse economic consequences. All I've received so far is an 'erm nope'.

People like you frustrate me. Just because you do not feel as strongly as others regarding Brexit, you can't try to censor others expressions of concern. Saying "I voted to stay" does not give you any more moral grounds to criticize people's reactions than someone who voted to leave.
    Like I said, I'm not criticising people's actual right to react with unhappiness at the result, it's more how people are treating other people who have a different opinion to them and questioning people's right to vote and apparent seething hatred for democracy all of a sudden.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Meritocrat)
    Thanks for this thread. I voted remain and although I am disappointed with the result I am also dismayed with the fellow remainers proposing fascist restrictions on who should vote-such as entry tests and an age limit-which are in no way democratic.
    That is one poster.

I have seen a dozen far more unpleasant posts by Leavers in recent days- my favourite being that brexit would be a good thing as it's what the Jews voted for and they can smell where the money is...

ReputationRep:
    I've just looked through OPs post history and big shock!

"Vote leave ! Let's get out of this bureaucratic hell hole"

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4#post65959684

What the **** is wrong with you OP? Why would you feel the need to lie?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester_123)
    We will reverse the decision even if it means civil war. We will make sure old can't vote anymore. Corbyn and his filth will be ousted. 450 MPs plan to reject the result in parliament. We will make sure the true feeling of the people is felt
    The best way to establish the true feeling of 'the people' is by opening a vote to all of them, aka a referendum. MPs are not the people.

ReputationRep:
    I've just looked through OPs post history and big shock!

"Vote leave ! Let's get out of this bureaucratic hell hole"

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4#post65959684

What the **** is wrong with you OP? Why would you feel the need to lie?
    That was actually a joke lmao. I voted remain and I can show you the picture of my voting slip if you like.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Yeah because that's the reality now....i.e. we have to work to make Brexit work rather than dwelling on the fact we voted for a different outcome.

There has been a lot of tantrum-like behaviour and I get it, I get why people are unhappy but why in the same breath do they have the right to demonise and dehumanise the leave voters? That to me is the worst part of what I have observed. I accept people being uncertain or worried- I don't accept this casual stereotyping and judgemental behaviour because it is just what they apparently oppose.
    Completely agree here. We've been call xenophobes, racists, haters etc. I don't hate anyone and voted to leave to regain Parliamentary sovereignty.

Not respecting those who strongly oppose your ideology is such a stain on your character.
    Nice try with the guilt trip, but ain't going to work. I respect those who strongly oppose my ideology, I don't respect cry babies who can't accept a result and want to re-run the referendum until their side wins.

ReputationRep:
    And people who think Scotland leaving is motivated by Brexit is just naive. Seriously, they hate Westminster, and Sturgeon has been using the referendum as an opportunity to get independence which they wanted when the whole of the UK was in the EU remember?

They only voted no because people were scared of change, just like all the remainers were about Brexit.
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/ne...inkId=25928314

Coincidence?

ReputationRep:

Nice try with the guilt trip, but ain't going to work. I respect those who strongly oppose my ideology, I don't respect cry babies who can't accept a result and want to re-run the referendum until their side wins.
    Oh I'm sure you do.

ReputationRep:
    No but that isn't the main reason Scotland want to leave the UK. The Scottish people and the SNP want to leave the UK because of Tory and nulab run UK and Westminster. Brexit is a convenient reason for them to demonstrate how 'different' they are from England to further their cause to leave the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Also, lol at creating a thread to discuss this reasonably with other remain voters and all the arrogant cry-babies who I specifically stated I didn't wish to discuss this issue with any more because I've had enough of it coming to the thread and doing their thing.

I'm so done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    That is one poster.

I have seen a dozen far more unpleasant posts by Leavers in recent days- my favourite being that brexit would be a good thing as it's what the Jews voted for and they can smell where the money is...
    I am aware that there are racists in the leave campaign and I don't like the radicals on either side. However trying to undo a democratic process may have bad consequences so as a pragmatist I don't think all of these proposals for a second referendum are helpful. Better to try to minimize the damages as much as possible, e.g. by freeing London.

ReputationRep:
    That was actually a joke lmao. I voted remain and I can show you the picture of my voting slip if you like.
    Doesn't seem like it, you made another similar post in that thread which looks like it has since been deleted.

ReputationRep:
    What a ridiculous thread. How about you quit being so patronising?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.