The Student Room Group

YR11s!! What are you doing now your GCSEs are over?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Johman
I'm just marathoning Game of Thrones ahahha. Saved it for the start of the holidays, and I'm already on season 4!

Posted from TSR Mobile

omg i know how nice that is to just binge watch shows. i'll be doing that soon when i get bored lel, have fun with G.O.T
Original post by Bulletzone
Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got shi**y induction week and I hate EVERYONE.
I'm just gaming tbh.

ahh i'm sorry, maybe just bring an ipod with u :biggrin: usually what i do
Original post by Ella_08
perfect present! happy birthday :birthday::birthday: hope your day was gr8 :cool:

Thank you :biggrin:

I was waiting for my cycle all day which delivery company did u use :frown:
Original post by Kryptonian
Thank you :biggrin:

I was waiting for my cycle all day which delivery company did u use :frown:

that's catastrophic :headfire: i used rocket air delivery, maybe the rare bird species i also sent you flew into in the rocket's engine and jammed it up :/
Original post by Ella_08
that's catastrophic :headfire: i used rocket air delivery, maybe the rare bird species i also sent you flew into in the rocket's engine and jammed it up :/

What a shame! Maybe one day it shall return. :wink:
Original post by Ella_08
Hello guys! :hello:
To all year 11s who have finished their GCSEs... congrats!:pwnd::parrot::jiggy::happy2::gthumb::grin::flower2: :ahee::angel::bunny:

Soooo, we all have really long summers. I think I have about 10 weeks off (yay)! I want to make the most of this time and really enjoy it.

Here are some ideas of stuff to do (or at least stuff I'm gonna do):
> prom :smile:
> make a YouTube channel
> go on NCS (4 weeks)
> chill with friends :cool:
> make scrapbooks of stuff
> going to see last shadow puppets, sooo excited!
> Shopping -parents are giving me money if i get good gcses :awesome:
> Make music.... maybe. Might try it out
> Sort out my room like posters and repainting/ decorate with lights :bell:
> go running/ cycling
> TSR... obvs :cyber:
> photography - might get a polaroid????
> maybe do a meetup
> Finish watching pretty little liars/ oitnb :cute:
> find cool music on spotify then make playlists
> play games --> agar.io is my fave
> write a bit of poetry
> make art, kinda like drawing :fluffy:
> go on holiday with parents, I think we're going to France. I hope we go on a speed boat aha
> burn my school jumper lol :biggrin:
> do a few online competitions, might be fun
> sounds nerdy but I want to learn all the countries for georgraphy A level and just self-satisfaction :h:
> get into reading again :yy:

These are things I plan to do, bc I just want to make it as enjoyable as possible. I don't just want to be one of those people locked to the TV all day, feeling tired and bored. I'll have some lazy days but i just don't want it to be 10 weeks of lazy days (: What things are you gonna do? I'm curious :u::u::u:

I think I'm gonna do nothing but lazy around and worry about results day. But I'd also like to start reading more
Original post by Ella_08
how was it??:wink: happy hols to you now! i hope there aren't any more for u

It was alright I guess, not exactly my best exam though. But at least it's happy hols from here on out
Original post by Bulletzone
Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got shi**y induction week and I hate EVERYONE.
I'm just gaming tbh.

do you hate me too
I feel like my holidays haven't begun until after induction week (4th-6th July).
Reply 69
Now that schools over, I feel like I don't really have a purpose.
Reply 70
Original post by HeimIX

I feel you bro, my life feels so boring right now ahhahaha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Original post by Johman
I feel you bro, my life feels so boring right now ahhahaha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ikr :frown: I feel as if school didn't prepare me for anything. I just feel empty without school, it's like I have no goal, I'm just lying in bed, watching anime, waiting to die :/
Original post by HeimIX
Ikr :frown: I feel as if school didn't prepare me for anything. I just feel empty without school, it's like I have no goal, I'm just lying in bed, watching anime, waiting to die :/

personally i feel like that during school :rolleyes:
Original post by 1a2b3c4b
I think I'm gonna do nothing but lazy around and worry about results day. But I'd also like to start reading more

me 2, what kind of books? i might try the book thief (no spoilers pls) and the great gatsby. I'm not a book person though
Original post by HamzahPatel
It was alright I guess, not exactly my best exam though. But at least it's happy hols from here on out

:borat: welcome to the squad
Original post by HeimIX

This was me last summer after I finished year 11 myself. 11 weeks (or however long you have off) can seem like a long time to spend not doing much, especially after being used to the hectic daily routine of school. Assuming you're going to sixth form or college, that is only around 2 months away, so even if you feel like you don't have a purpose now, you will soon. In the mean time, try to relax because you deserve it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Random trips out with my friends until I go on NCS which should be fun!

@Ella_08 How did you find P7? Also, when's your NCS and do you know where you're spending the first week? I believe mine is in the Peak District :tongue:
Original post by emmald583
Random trips out with my friends until I go on NCS which should be fun!

@Ella_08 How did you find P7? Also, when's your NCS and do you know where you're spending the first week? I believe mine is in the Peak District :tongue:

Nice! Glad to see someone is doing something active too aha. P7 was a complete blur tbh, i was like 80% clueless but I got through it :biggrin: and yourself? I live close to the peak district ^.^ but i'm going up to Scotland :tongue:
Reply 78
Original post by jessyjellytot14
This was me last summer after I finished year 11 myself. 11 weeks (or however long you have off) can seem like a long time to spend not doing much, especially after being used to the hectic daily routine of school. Assuming you're going to sixth form or college, that is only around 2 months away, so even if you feel like you don't have a purpose now, you will soon. In the mean time, try to relax because you deserve it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile:
I'm going to do some volunteering (hopefully) and go on a clinical placement towards the end if get the place. Until then go on holiday, read, watch youtubers, go shopping, watch starwars and get excited to start sixth form :u:

Quick Reply

Latest