Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Farage gets roasted by EU for not turning up to EU Parliament watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2016_GCSE)
    He is against the EU so he is not going to walk in to the EU building as that would make him look supportive.
    what is exactly "the EU building" ? could you post a photo ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nurne)
    Quality of life in the UK is at its peak this year. Enjoy it while it lasts. Because uncertainty will cause recession, this is furthered by Cameron's inability to immediately resign and trigger article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty. Just bring on the recession, the higher prices, reduced pension and tax credits. I don't care anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol what? 2008 called... it told you to edjocate urselv

Real wages have fallen by about £1800 .. zero hour contracts everywhere.. largest population ever and growing by half a million every year... Terrorism threat has never been so high... house prices and rents have never been so high and unaffordable

Shall i continue..

ReputationRep:
    Who cares? You'd be surprised how many of our own MPs are ever present at the HoC.

I presume it isn't any different with the HoL.

As for whether he should or shouldn't be there now, personally I think he shouldn't be there, in fact all MEPs from UK should no longer be there as it is time the EU at all institutions get on with their life without Britain.

And yes neither needs each other and neither will die without the other, regardless of the size of your egos.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by mojojojo101)
    Yeh, crap argument.

I mean, if he has so little belief in the EU, why has he been an MEP for 17 years, standing in 5 separate elections?

If he didn't want to be involved with the EU, why didn't he just, well, not deliberately and actively get himself involved on multiple occasions over an extended period of time?
    You can't call my argument bad then ask me questions I don't know...

Yeah well

I don't know because I am not him.

I don't think he thought of the EU like this before but now he has clearly changed his views on it.

Maybe he was delibrately being an MEP to find out truths we aren't told? We now know that the EU does hide some things. He would know this as he has been there. Doesn't matter to me about his attendance, I care more about him finding out what the EU is really like.

ReputationRep:
    There really is not much point in him turning up to the rubber stamp parliament, because he cannot stop the mass of legislation being pushed by the eurocrats as an MEP. He just turns up sometimes to criticise the eurocrats, which is good, as that still offers some form of opposition to the tyranny of the EU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    lol what? 2008 called... it told you to edjocate urselv

Real wages have fallen by about £1800 .. zero hour contracts everywhere.. largest population ever and growing by half a million every year... Terrorism threat has never been so high... house prices and rents have never been so high and unaffordable

Shall i continue..
    And it's not going to get any better after Brexit. We will being recession for the foreseeable future. It's only going to get worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nurne)
    And it's not going to get any better after Brexit. We will being recession for the foreseeable future. It's only going to get worse.
    For the short term i am sure ... long term we will see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    what is exactly "the EU building" ? could you post a photo ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2016_GCSE)
    this is the main EU Commission building in Brussels (the Berlaymont)

it seems that you are ignoring the EU Council, the European Parliament, the Court of Justice, the Court of Auditors, the Economic and Social Committee, the Committee of Regions, the European Central Bank (not to speak of the many other Commission buildings)

of course, the Commission embodies the fixation that Euro-skeptics have about the "unelected Brussels bureaucrats" : in reality, the real power is not in the Commission (which is mainly an administrative body - very much like a State administration) but in the Council and the European Parliament, which are the institutions actually adopting legislation and approving external agreements

so, seems to me that you chose the wrong building

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    For the short term i am sure ... long term we will see
    in the long term we are all dead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrMackyTv)
    Doesn't matter to me about his (Farage's) attendance, I care more about him finding out what the EU is really like.
    how could he possibly find out about what the EU really is like, since his attendance rate to actual EU activities is so low ?

most likely, he's just making things up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    There really is not much point in him turning up to the rubber stamp parliament, because he cannot stop the mass of legislation being pushed by the eurocrats as an MEP. He just turns up sometimes to criticise the eurocrats, which is good, as that still offers some form of opposition to the tyranny of the EU.
    you should check a bit the actual powers of the European Parliament (which is far from being simply a rubber-stamp body) http://www.europarl.europa.eu/ftu/pdf/en/FTU_1.3.2.pdf

The EP actually discusses, amends and adopts legislation, ratifies most external agreements, gives confidence votes and dismisses the Commissison, adopts the EU budget

there is no excuse for not attending EP meetings (while drawing a salary paid for by the taxpayers)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrMackyTv)
    You can't call my argument bad then ask me questions I don't know...

Yeah well

I don't know because I am not him.

I don't think he thought of the EU like this before but now he has clearly changed his views on it.

Maybe he was delibrately being an MEP to find out truths we aren't told? We now know that the EU does hide some things. He would know this as he has been there. Doesn't matter to me about his attendance, I care more about him finding out what the EU is really like.
    Maybe you can give us an example of what he exposed while on his £80k/year.

I wish I could get paid that much for doing **** all and then reporting to everyone "THE EU IS BAD".

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.