Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hjyu1)
    On 6b is there suppose to be a constant by e^-t
    How come?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bartbarrow)
    2ii was 1.26 (cube root of 2), the question was "At what time does F act towards south?" so i component = 0, 2 = t^3, t = (2)^1/3
    Think that was part iii, so I think you're right and he's forgotten that part, but 8.2 is the magnitude of the force at t=3 which was definitely one of the questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jtebbbs)
    Think that was part iii, so I think you're right and he's forgotten that part, but 8.2 is the magnitude of the force at t=3 which was definitely one of the questions
    Ah, yep, he's just forgotten a part

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benjammy)
    I included work against friction in my solution and got 7.5m as my answer
    7.50 and 4? (reject 4 obvs) I got that but didn't use cos30 to find the frictional force so maybe we made the same mistake?

ReputationRep:
    How come?
    I didn't have one and on the mark scheme there is one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hjyu1)
    I didn't have one and on the mark scheme there is one
    Yeah think there is, cause you have ln(g - lambda*v) so when you get rid of the logs you still have a lambda so you have to divide through by it

ReputationRep:
    Yeah think there is, cause you have ln(g - lambda*v) so when you get rid of the logs you still have a lambda so you have to divide through by it
    Yeah I'm saying by the power

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bartbarrow)
    Ah, yep, he's just forgotten a part
    Corrected, knew I was missing something!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    7.50 and 4? (reject 4 obvs) I got that but didn't use cos30 to find the frictional force so maybe we made the same mistake?
    We have the exact same solution. I didn't use cos30 either I don't think, I'd expect us to to get around ⅝ marks on that question then - dropping two marks for not using cos30 (though they may be kind and we may only lose one) and then the final answer mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hjyu1)
    Yeah because when you integrate the left hand side, you have to divide through by -lambda cause of the chain rule, so when you multiply your expression by lambda, t becomes lambda*t

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hjyu1)
    Yes there was. It's a common mistake but you had to multiply both sides by -lambda before integrating as the g-lambda*v differentiates to -lambda.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benjammy)
    We have the exact same solution. I didn't use cos30 either I don't think, I'd expect us to to get around ⅝ marks on that question then - dropping two marks for not using cos30 (though they may be kind and we may only lose one) and then the final answer mark
    I'd say we'd get one for considering all the transfers of energy, maybe two for getting all but one term correct and getting all the distances correct, then hopefully one more method mark somewhere else so maybe 4ish out of 8, don't think it'll be a complete write off

ReputationRep:
    Obligatory Mechanics post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqPNK4wE7jw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjsnyder)
    Yes there was. It's a common mistake but you had to multiply both sides by -lambda before integrating as the g-lambda*v differentiates to -lambda.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How many marks would I loose for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hjyu1)
    How many marks would I loose for that
    Probably 2/3 out of 6.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah because when you integrate the left hand side, you have to divide through by -lambda cause of the chain rule, so when you multiply your expression by lambda, t becomes lambda*t
    I see yeah stupid error when rushing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjsnyder)
    Probably 2/3 out of 6.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mate you're the one pushing all the grade boundaries up, swear you come out of all these exams with a 100% correct mark scheme in 5 minutes XD

ReputationRep:
    I got 7.58
    I got x=0 and x=3.58
    For last q obv

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    I got 7.58
    I got x=0 and x=3.58
    For last q obv
    Most people have that

ReputationRep:
    Mate you're the one pushing all the grade boundaries up, swear you come out of all these exams with a 100% correct mark scheme in 5 minutes XD
    Haha had a few incorrect this time, FP2 was 75/75 though Hope they help anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.