Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

For the sake of everyone... Watch

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Alexion)
    Yeah, all I ever got was three leave leaflets and a remain one.

Before the general election we had 4 politicians come in to speak to us. In Dave's constituency. The outcome of that election was set in stone, yet they made an effort then.

Why did no-one come to speak to us about this? :dontknow:
    What I think we needed was politicians to come visit schools and educate young people, I know lots of people that didn't register in time which is a shame because some of them didn't actually know how to register and it needed to be encouraged, it is so important to have a great balance of voter turnout and for younger people to become more educated about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    No, no, no hate. Just it's a fast way to gain rep if you are in dire need.
    The sarcasm is cowardly honestly. Anyway I don't need any reps, I've convinced ppl to vote Leave, it worked . I'm all about expressing my opinion, if I get reps or not. Is that what your issue is? Mad that people are expressing their opinions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    Yeah, all I ever got was three leave leaflets and a remain one.

Before the general election we had 4 politicians come in to speak to us. In Dave's constituency. The outcome of that election was set in stone, yet they made an effort then.

Why did no-one come to speak to us about this? :dontknow:
    No one cares about teenager's opinions.

ReputationRep:
    My assessment of the situation I've seen emerging in the past few days since the referendum is this... if anyone cares.

The British people are very divided right now, and the worst thing that you can do is call each other names and keep re-fighting the campaign. What's really needed right now is calm, logical assessment of the available options and possible outcomes.

The ageism and aristocratic attitudes that exist within factions of the Remain side are as odious as the xenophobia among some on the Exit side. To make assumptions about a person's motives because of the course of action they support is less than constructive and serves to divide people. If you look for the bad in people, you will surely find it.

Trying to place blame and accusations at this point rather than working together to deal with the consequences in the best manner possible only helps fuel the fires of social unrest that led to this dangerous level of polarization and division between political factions in the first place.

If you're truly unhappy with the result, sign the petition for another referendum or talk to your MP about voting to ignore the result. Ideally, people will accept that Out is the way forward so that the country can begin to heal, but even if your intention is to do everything in your power to keep the country in, then it still pays to proceed with caution and remember that the other side will be just as angry if the country stays in.

There needs to be some kind of appeasement or compromise that both sides can accept. Undermining the political adroitness exercised by the forces trying to hold the country together in an attempt to further a single agenda would prove exceptionally destructive now. Try to be part of the solution, and not part of the problem. Don't let your emotions get the better of you. Keep your head.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by 0to100)
    The sarcasm is cowardly honestly. Anyway I don't need any reps, I've convinced ppl to vote Leave, it worked . I'm all about expressing my opinion, if I get reps or not. Is that what your issue is? Mad that people are expressing their opinions?
    No, my issue was, and my argument that on both sides there are vile arguments and threats and just nastiness that needs to be stopped and a lot of people aren't coming up with ways to improve the country (reasons why I haven't done so is because I am leaving it up to the wiser folks of TSR) all they are doing is just going round in circles.

ReputationRep:
    No, my issue was, and my argument that on both sides there are vile arguments and threats and just nastiness that needs to be stopped and a lot of people aren't coming up with ways to improve the country (reasons why I haven't done so is because I am leaving it up to the wiser folks of TSR) all they are doing is just going round in circles.
    No I'm not blind I saw what you wrote before in your op. I'm not on about the op, I'm referring to you implying **** about me about complaining about remainers for reps, don't do that. Don't be bitter like that. I am obv gonna make threads on the last voting day and I did, and then some victory threads the day after. I've not made threads after, and even if I do so what. Your op says both sides but your posts since have been placing negativity toward leavers, you're not doing any favours for your own op you know that right?

ReputationRep:
    What I think we needed was politicians to come visit schools and educate young people, I know lots of people that didn't register in time which is a shame because some of them didn't actually know how to register and it needed to be encouraged, it is so important to have a great balance of voter turnout and for younger people to become more educated about it.
    If you can't figure out how to register on your own then you really have no business voting. It really isn't rocket science, you click on a government website and fill in a few details

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junayd1998)
    Yeah it is. Prolly. Yep. Oh well it will die down in a month or 2 and no one will seem to give ****. What a ****ing surprise
    Considering I'm only 15, I couldn't vote anyway. I'm not arguing, just saying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drogon)
    It would only have been ironic if it wasnt true.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.