Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should we place a massive glass dome over London? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yellow 03)
    Indeed a large pot of EU funds is going to Wales. Just the european structural funds committed to Wales were 1,8 billion over 6 years until 2020. And there were several other EU funding programmes that Wales was benefiting from. These will all stop now so I suppose we can add them to the list of things to pay with the mythic £350 million that we supposedly give to the EU weekly.
    I'm really annoyed at the remain camp. Instead of fear mongering they should've focussed on these points.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Sounds like a plan, it'll create jobs whilst uniting the rest of the country. And it means afterwards we can focus funding into areas outside the capital.

11/10 plan tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Yup, and with all the traffic and no way for the nitrous oxides in the exhaust fumes to escape we could end up seeing an increase in the number of cases of "silo sickness." And speaking of exhaust fumes, the air in the dome is likely to become really humid without proper ventilation. Most of your exhaust is water, it's got about twice the amount of water than it does carbon dioxide. London would become one of those hot and sticky jungle geo dome things like at the Eden Project. That and the fact that it'd be a giant greenhouse. If we get a heatwave London would be toast. Though without proper ventilation I suppose it would be more accurate to say "fried."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occu...er.27s_disease
    Eh, well as a country bumpkin, surely London isn't actually like that big? So I'd suggest a ban of cars and taxis, and then nobody gets fried and walking's good for your health...

Although what would the queen do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themini)
    I'm really annoyed at the remain camp. Instead of fear mongering they should've focussed on these points.
    I agree, it was a ridiculous campaign. Sadly.

ReputationRep:
    The underlying asset was worth the money I paid for it and was revalued at £50000 over cost price after 3 years but now its devalued. I also didn't think some degenerates would vote leave. That never crossed my mind.

Secondly, ofcourse you don't mind because you're a benefit scrounge.

In fact I hope the UK now reduces benefits so scroungers like you can work fro a living.

I dont know how this country to survive though...They pay Romanians and Polish people £4.75 an hour to work in our farms because no English person would get out of bed for that pay.
    Only half a million and he calls me poor.

Listen up you smug middle class little urbanite, if the underlying value were what you paid, it wouldn't fall below the cost price for any length of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vicky628)
    Pro/Con - glass dome => lack of oxygen => not brilliant for the Londoners involved
    Perfect

welshiee

Haha. I see that you have followed my style/prose of formatting posts with the bullet points. Good stuff eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gora The Xplorer)
    Imagine being a Java developer who gets paid more than most people living in the city of London but who lives here

''look how stupid and poor he is in his rustic welsh home''
    While it's a nice size, I could think of no other nightmare than to live in a mansion built 200 years ago in the middle of nowhere with only trees and fields for neighbours for the rest of my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    My Dad lives in a simialr size home. Takes a fortune to heat in the winter.
    It's absolutely gorgeous, I don't really understand though why people who aren't literal 1 percenters live in London. If you're job is so good you can afford both a country residence and a standard London flat so you don't have to commute to get to work, I understand why people do it, but most people in London are far too poor for any of that. From the bottom of my heart, I don't understand why normal people who say bought their homes in the 1980's or prior to then still live in that city, unless they're expecting further house price growth. I need someone who London, to take me into their home and take me for a night on the town, show me what all the fuss is about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)
    It will have holes at the top for fresh air to be pumped in. I am a humanitarian after all. Also, we'll give them rations just like during the war which should help the obesity epidemic in the UK.
    Do you have to- afterall London has more foreigners than any other place

ReputationRep:
    It's absolutely gorgeous, I don't really understand though why people who aren't literal 1 percenters live in London. If you're job is so good you can afford both a country residence and a standard London flat so you don't have to commute to get to work, I understand why people do it, but most people in London are far too poor for any of that. From the bottom of my heart, I don't understand why normal people who say bought their homes in the 1980's or prior to then still live in that city, unless they're expecting further house price growth. I need someone who London, to take me into their home and take me for a night on the town, show me what all the fuss is about.
    The reason London appeals to them is they are getting mass interest on their house price.

However what happened to the Brexit was slow down that gain and maybe even reverse it. Its smashed their housing bubble basically.

ReputationRep:
    The reason London appeals to them is they are getting mass interest on their house price.
    It's the only explanation, but it's gambling, you want the rewards so you take the risk but suck it up when it goes the wrong way too.

ReputationRep:
    Only half a million and he calls me poor.

Listen up you smug middle class little urbanite, if the underlying value were what you paid, it wouldn't fall below the cost price for any length of time.
    You are poor. No one who owns property is currently happy so don't even try to blag this lol. Little council estate rat. I wonder how much our family tax money goes to support people like you. Its a shame because you're a waste of oxygen.

ReputationRep:
    You are poor. No one who owns property is currently happy so don't even try to blag this lol. Little council estate rat. I wonder how much our family tax money goes to support people like you. Its a shame because you're a waste of oxygen.
    Themini you forgot me. My family originate from Grimsby. We are a proper rat pack. Thing is though nearly all my uncles including my Dad have became super wealthy.

And Super Rat me ............ Well chaos is a ladder and a fat fishy like you is ripe for the sharks

ReputationRep:
    It's the only explanation, but it's gambling, you want the rewards so you take the risk but suck it up when it goes the wrong way too.
    Gora let me tell you something. Posters like Themini have a lot to loose. Same as every rich person in London.

When you have a opportunity to make money out of them don't spare them any merci. Go for the throat and rip them off to the max.

ReputationRep:
    Themini you forgot me. My family originate from Grimsby. We are a proper rat pack. Thing is though nearly all my uncles including my Dad have became super wealthy.

And Super Rat me ............ Well chaos is a ladder and a fat fishy like you is ripe for the sharks
    Lol okay then. So are you uncles happy that their properties are going to start losing value significantly over the next 2-5 years?

ReputationRep:
    If I lived on a council estate I doubt I would be promoting value investing over speculation.

ReputationRep:
    If I lived on a council estate I doubt I would be promoting value investing over speculation.
    Okay mate what ever you say..

ReputationRep:
    Lol okay then. So are you uncles happy that their properties are going to start losing value significantly over the next 2-5 years?
    Only ignorant people live in London. Every time you wake up your breathing in that smog full of heavy metals and it has a high chance of causing cancer.

So you see clever people don't live in London. They buy themselves nice country estates.

If your going to live In London you buy yourself a working upper middle class apartment so while you don't need it you can rent it out and get a huge income from it.

So sorry my family won't be effected. In fact we have a lot more to gain.

My family own property right near Grimsby Fish Docks. Once we scrap the Common Fishery Policy those houses are going to go from £35,000 all the way up to £200,000 a piece. I've thrown you a bone there.

ReputationRep:
    Gora let me tell you something. Posters like Themini have a lot to loose. Same as every rich person in London.

When you have a opportunity to make money out of them don't spare them any merci. Go for the throat and rip them off to the max.
    My family are fairly well off, but I live far away from London. I have concerns about the grad-job market and public services and I'm sad to hear my country has seen an increase in racist hatecrime, but I'm confident I will survive and we will prosper.

I do need to get off this damn website though, been arguing for 4 days straight like a fool :rofl:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.