Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do you think I am able to do maths a level and chemistry? I've heard these are the hardest a levels is this actually true or is it exaggerated would I be able to do well if I revise thoroughly, isn't chemistry mainly content based? Also I have done triple chemistry will it be of any use at a levels? Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I regret not getting bare UMS in C3 that wlll probably lead to me losing out on the A* in Maths by one percent

#justTSRthings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astudent24)
    Do you think I am able to do maths a level and chemistry? I've heard these are the hardest a levels is this actually true or is it exaggerated would I be able to do well if I revise thoroughly, isn't chemistry mainly content based? Also I have done triple chemistry will it be of any use at a levels? Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do both of these and I'll just tell you now.. don't expect to get everything straight away. although they are probably two of the least content heavy a-levels, applying your knowledge to questions and being able to answer them correctly is difficult to get. So when you start, don't be put off if you can't do questions and always ask your teacher if you need any help

ReputationRep:
    Taking Chemistry A-level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    Thank you I appreciate this! If I may ask, what did you get at GCSE in Chemistry and History?
    You're welcome and sorry about the late reply - I didn't see this! I got an A* in chemistry and an A in history - in my defence, I got a C in the controller assessment which was 25% of my grade and my teacher wouldn't let me resit.

Good luck with your A-Levels!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Nothing in particular I guess. I'm lucky in that everything worked out alright for me... it was GCSEs where I maybe wish I had done a bit better, but oh well
    Spoiler:
    Show
    an A* in Further Maths would've been nice but can't have it all :lol: which I didn't get because I struggled with one A2 unit in particular but there was not much more I could have done.. self taught
    What module was it?

(Original post by speed1✈️✈️)
    I regret taking Geography A level
    Can I ask why? Also what exam board were you doing and if you did the GCSE did the case studies get harder - that's what I'm most worried about.

ReputationRep:
    Regret Sociology, I love the subject in itself but the exams can be particularly difficult and it's so hard to revise the content... I also hated the exams, particularly A2 as it's just essays and essays, if you don't understand what the essay is asking..you're pretty much screwed. Aqa..I pretty much hate you for that AS education resit paper and A2 crime paper. .. :unimpressed:

It would also be a lot easier if your teacher actually gave you the material for the syllabus whilst you were off for 2 months for surgery before the exam but she blankly refused... :// so I didn't have all the content after asking 17 times... just regret everything this year tbh...

I sort of, to some degree regret ICT, it's a lovely subject to study.. i loved it, the coursework is easy, the exam itself is easy but... it's basically revising the mark scheme word for word...if you don't put it word for word...no marks... it was just so boring to revise...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nomophobia)
    You're welcome and sorry about the late reply - I didn't see this! I got an A* in chemistry and an A in history - in my defence, I got a C in the controller assessment which was 25% of my grade and my teacher wouldn't let me resit.

Good luck with your A-Levels!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats! I know how that feels. I bombed my English lit controlled assessment!

Good luck on your results and thank you
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    I have massive regrets over my complete lack of confidence which made me decide not to do Physics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In hindsight, I'd have been better off picking Physics, Maths, and Further Maths instead of Physics/Maths/Chemistry. AS Chemistry is quite easy, it's the A2s that's a real killer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.