Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Subject topic you hated at school or never understood? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Everything to do with English. If I hadn't learnt English at school, I wouldn't have typed this comment in a correct manner x)

ReputationRep:
    Hated all of Biology.

Also, the one thing I never understood in Maths were nets - how they're represented and rotated in space

English.
    I love the grammar and spelling aspect of it but HATE analysis of quotations.

ReputationRep:
    DT

ReputationRep:
    ICT - dropped it in year 9 because I didn't know what was going on half the time (probably because there wasn't enough teaching - we were just expected to know how to plug in instructions for software games)

English Lang - I love English lit but the language comprehensions were awful and the coursework for it was marked in a really subjective way.

Physics - I didn't understand a lot of it (I.e. Generators, transformers, magnetic fields, circuits, etc.) and I don't quite know how I got an A* for it at GCSE but I dropped it as soon as I could

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Hopefulmedic15)
    ICT - dropped it in year 9 because I didn't know what was going on half the time (probably because there wasn't enough teaching - we were just expected to know how to plug in instructions for software games)

English Lang - I love English lit but the language comprehensions were awful and the coursework for it was marked in a really subjective way.

Physics - I didn't understand a lot of it (I.e. Generators, transformers, magnetic fields, circuits, etc.) and I don't quite know how I got an A* for it at GCSE but I dropped it as soon as I could

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got 2 A* already for physics, just waiting for P3 results and tbh I don't know how I got it :rofl: I must have got most of the maths correct

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    LOOOOOL foreign language you know.

ReputationRep:
    English Literature... Who cares about fictional novels and how the fictional characters react to each other?!

ReputationRep:
    Physics, I didn't understand any of it even when I really tried.

ReputationRep:
    Hated every single science subject/ Every single one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    I got 2 A* already for physics, just waiting for P3 results and tbh I don't know how I got it :rofl: I must have got most of the maths correct

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I'm the same, maths is my strong suit so it helps a bunch in physics and chem :P

Good luck for your P3 results

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    I'm the same, maths is my strong suit so it helps a bunch for physics and chem :P

Good luck for your P3 results!

ReputationRep:
    Never liked Math though my teacher was terrible, but Geography was my worst!

ReputationRep:
    Computer Science....Omg would totally fail that hadn't i dropped it

Languages

DT ..Which i can pass but i can't get an A* in it lol.

ReputationRep:
    Science🤔

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tennis.

ReputationRep:
    English literature-i absolutely hated it or should i say HATED IT!!!!!!
    What we do:
    "I like you" analyse:
    Real life - the person finds that person nice
    In english literature world - the fact the they said "like" instead of love means they actually hate or don't appreciate the person.
    the examiner's marking says-this person has shown analysis in DEPTH so deserve an A*
    My reaction:
    1.:lolwut::zomg: (Wth)
    2.:curious::hmmmm2: (let me think)
    3.:facepalm:(am i an idiot that doesn't understand? )
    4.:lol::laugh: (ha noo they are the idiot)

ReputationRep:
    Organic chemistry. Well, chemistry in general, but specifically organic chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella_08)
    So learning about the world we live in is not interesting?
    not to me, no. maybe it would have been more interesting if we'd done more than just colour in maps

ReputationRep:
    Is tennis a subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.