Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do Brexit voters want to sack millions and cause mass unemployment? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredOrJohn)
    A leaver is basically a vote to potentially:
    a) Sack all the Brits in Europe
    b) Sack all the EU'ers in UK (polish girls serving you coffee and plumbers etc)

And a knock on risk following on from this (because Germany would have to take the extra 1 or 2 million East Europeans) of the whole "Freedom of Movement" unravelling and thus mass unemployment right around the continent.

A Remainer is a person who says:
    "why bother?"

One has to ask the question -

you have to look the polish girl in the eye who is serving you coffee and say "I want you gone"

You have to look the Polish builder in the eye and say "I want you gone".

You have to look the polish health worker in the eye and say "I Want you gone"
    You have to look the UK IT contractor in the EU and in the eye and say "I Want you gone"
    You have to look at the UK oil worker in Italy and say "I Want you gone"
    You have to look at the football players in EU and say "I want you gone"

I don't know how many millions it potentially will be , but we are looking at continent wide potential of mass unemployment Why do Brexit people hate so many ordinary families right round the continent that they would rather they were all on the streets selling the big issue then doing just decent every day jobs...
    My whole family including myself voted leave to make gains of 40% in Silver assets over night!

Sod the country. I want to get rich!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    My whole family including myself voted leave to make gains of 40% in Silver assets over night!

Sod the country. I want to get rich!
    It is interesting how many on the Tory right voted leave.
    There are toffs out there like Murdoch who want us out.

ReputationRep:
    but brexit really is not nice - it is potentially sacking millions of young people around the entire continent.
    the irony is that it was the young people who did not bother to switch off their Playstations and vote who caused this nightmare.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    the irony is that it was the young people who did not bother to switch off their Playstations and vote who caused this nightmare.*
    This is why I'm in favour of compulsory voting with the option to select none of the above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    I was tending to look at it this way to start with, then I felt that would be ageist.

I prefer to view where we are now in terms of the harm leaving the EU would cause us all rather than blaming young people who did not vote.

ReputationRep:
    What on Earth are you saying? That all the Brexit voters will just take a look at people from the EU and just say 'Get out'? Because that's what I'm seeing. You're just trying to generalize all Brexiters as people who don't care about migrants, who think it would be better for us to just 'rot' outside the EU. People who voted Remain aren't much better anyway. Besides, like many have said, not much will change for people from Europe that are already here, and vice-versa for Brits abroad.

P.S - I voted Leave...

ReputationRep:
    the next generation of 18 year old polish girls making coffee will not be allowed in.
    I've never heard of such an outrageous injustice in my life :rolleyes:

If the argument for EU immigration is to allow in people to do jobs that are unskilled and could just as easily be done by any of the native unemployed then I'm afraid it falls flat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adamski191)
    What on Earth are you saying? That all the Brexit voters will just take a look at people from the EU and just say 'Get out'? Because that's what I'm seeing. You're just trying to generalize all Brexiters as people who don't care about migrants, who think it would be better for us to just 'rot' outside the EU. People who voted Remain aren't much better anyway. Besides, like many have said, not much will change for people from Europe that are already here, and vice-versa for Brits abroad.

P.S - I voted Leave...
    That is more lies I'm afraid.

Most poles are here on short term contracts.
    There is a huge rate of churn of migrants (both UK in EU and EU in UK).
    Most will leave after their contract finishes and go home to uni or whatever and
    will not be allowed back in.

This also goes for UK people in Europe. 99% of them are contractors. Who will not be allowed back in.

You are believing the brexit lies - sorry but you are.

ReputationRep:
    ...so you go up to the Polish girl at Cafe Nero and say "I've sacked you: go back to Poland" - that is what you are doing....

Why do you want to sack everyone?
    Why do you have this big chip on your shoulder?
    How about giving that job to an unemployed Brit? Making coffee is an unskilled job duhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jee1)
    How about giving that job to an unemployed Brit? Making coffee is an unskilled job duhh
    I do not believe sacking people so you can give the job to someone else.
    you do not make Love and Peace by setting poor people at war over who gets the low paid jobs. You fight for better education and better wages and conditions for all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    Not arguing out of self-interest then? Face it, this one step on the road to global governance, corporate monopoly, and Washington hegemony, plus the end of the nation state. Sorry mate, but this massive long term issue that is so key to our liberty and democracy is more important than one individuals job. And our economy will be stronger long term. There are tons and tons of people suffering badly from globalism and corporatism.
    I don't know how getting rid of high earners like City workers will make the British economy stronger in the long term.

Its like when Zimbabwe got rid of its mostly white professional farmers and replaced them with black government supporters who knew next to nothing about farming for purely ideological and political reasons. Farm productivity crashed and people were left starving.

We will have the same here and British GDP will fall and those people who suffered most due to the Tory's austerity measures will have even less money spent on them.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    A leaver is basically a vote to potentially:
    a) Sack all the Brits in Europe
    b) Sack all the EU'ers in UK (polish girls serving you coffee and plumbers etc)

And a knock on risk following on from this (because Germany would have to take the extra 1 or 2 million East Europeans) of the whole "Freedom of Movement" unravelling and thus mass unemployment right around the continent.

A Remainer is a person who says:
    "why bother?"

One has to ask the question -

you have to look the polish girl in the eye who is serving you coffee and say "I want you gone"

You have to look the Polish builder in the eye and say "I want you gone".

You have to look the polish health worker in the eye and say "I Want you gone"
    You have to look the UK IT contractor in the EU and in the eye and say "I Want you gone"
    You have to look at the UK oil worker in Italy and say "I Want you gone"
    You have to look at the football players in EU and say "I want you gone"

I don't know how many millions it potentially will be , but we are looking at continent wide potential of mass unemployment Why do Brexit people hate so many ordinary families right round the continent that they would rather they were all on the streets selling the big issue then doing just decent every day jobs...
    You're assuming that everyone who voted leave did so because we wanted immigrants gone. I can't speak for other Leave voters, but I voted Leave to preserve Parliamentary sovereignty and we can't put a price on that. On that basis, I'm sure that other Leave voters will tell immigrants that they want them gone when you and other Remain supporters tell the millions of soldiers in WWI and WWII that you don't value the sacrifices they made to keep us free and to keep our democracy, the very means by which we decided to leave the EU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    You're assuming that everyone who voted leave did so because we wanted immigrants gone. I can't speak for other Leave voters, but I voted Leave to preserve Parliamentary sovereignty and we can't put a price on that. On that basis, I'm sure that other Leave voters will tell immigrants that they want them gone when you and other Remain supporters tell the millions of soldiers in WWI and WWII that you don't value the sacrifices they made to keep us free and to keep our democracy, the very means by which we decided to leave the EU.
    The concept of pooled nationality goes back to WWI and the league of nations. We were amongst the original signers way back in 1920.

Take EU rules and regs. You can currently logon to their site and have a say.
    If we leave you will not have a say.

Here is their website:
    http://echa.europa.eu/

...and for whatever reason you voted, Murdochist , nationalist, racist, full upists, the net result is the same. Potential mass unemployment right round Europe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thutmose-III)
    I've never heard of such an outrageous injustice in my life :rolleyes:

If the argument for EU immigration is to allow in people to do jobs that are unskilled and could just as easily be done by any of the native unemployed then I'm afraid it falls flat
    Wait, now you're for mass deportations? Doesn't that make you an anti-semite?

ReputationRep:
    This thread is a total nonsense. OP has lost it.

You can work anywhere you want to. EU or otherwise.

Today, right now, if you want to, you can go work temporarily over the holiday period in Australia. You just apply for the relevant VISA, fill in the form and off you go. It really can't be that difficult.

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/417-

YOU the worker have to do this not an employer. Get off your backsides and get your Visas and go work wherever you want to and quit scaremongering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PilgrimOfTruth)
    This thread is a total nonsense. OP has lost it.

You can work anywhere you want to. EU or otherwise.

Today, right now, if you want to, you can go work temporarily over the holiday period in Australia. You just apply for the relevant VISA, fill in the form and off you go. It really can't be that difficult.

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/417-

YOU the worker have to do this not an employer. Get off your backsides and get your Visas and go work wherever you want to and quit scaremongering.
    You are looking at this all wrong.
    This is a typical example:
    I as an IT consultant can go anywhere in the EU and apply for a job and stand as much chance of getting that job as anyone else who applies.

If we leave the EU I will only be considered after everyone else, thus, in effect, I would not be able to work in the EU.

If you do not believe me just go to jobserve and type in numbers of jobs for GERMANY then compare to USA.
    http://www.jobserve.com/gb/en/JobSea...3338B8D7B6D2CF
    (USA - ZERO hits, GERMANY 2,800 IT jobs available or HOLLAND 830 or FRANCE 150 in the last 7 days - Australia only permie jobs and just 300)

Its not even close.

Yet another poor person who has fallen for the brexit lies.

How many other people here will own up to being hoodwinked by brexit lies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessjoy)
    But are you sure that's all of them? How about the mothers who work hard to feed their children and families? They can't work here because they are Polish?
    Or they aren't entitled to stay here as you and I are because they aren't British?
    That's bull, and so many Brexit voters are taking it upon themselves to tell these people to leave 'their' country because they are Polish or non-British. What kind of ignorant, indecent human nature is that?

Those Migrants work hard, and even harder than certain sleazy, and lazy Brexit voters who lay on their backside each and every day, before going over to the pub to tell Migrants to leave. When I bet that those Migrants run or work in so many pubs, bars, hospitals, building sites etc; than British Citizens do.

Isn't most working class human beings in a country to make money? Nobody leaves their motherland to another one for no reason, they leave it for a brighter future for themselves and their future family which equals money. Even with that money's not everything, your comment is seeming to insinuate that all poles are here to earn; not steal money, by working long hours. Wow isn't that normal?, in order to take jobs off the British, who were here first, so why aren't they entitled to jobs before migrants?

And at what Expense?
    Please expand.
    Our expense, various benefits, various benefits that then need to be paid to British workers as a result of the saturation of the labour market. British people earning less because of ***** like you that can't understand basic economics. NO I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEM OR THEIR FAMILIES. I don't give a **** why they left, they mean British people earn less and have fewer jobs. Oh and house prices increase. So NO I do not care, they're not British born and have no right to be here for a better life at our expense. Our expense meaning the lost earning due to the expansion of the labour market.... and prices going up.

ReputationRep:
    If we leave the EU I will only be considered after everyone else
    Says who? What's your source for this sweeping statement?

in effect, I would not be able to work in the EU.
    This is nonsense as per my previous post. You CAN go work ANYWHERE you like. That was true whether we had a referendum or not, or whether we are in the EU or not. Just get your Visa for the country you want to go work in.

If you do not believe me just go to jobserve and type in numbers of jobs for GERMANY then compare to USA.
    I'm not getting your theory here. That site just shows number of jobs available globally. Where is the connection between those numbers and your ability to go work in any given country?

ReputationRep:
    Brexit Brexit Brexit!
    Woop Woop Woop!

Coming soon in September and October Inshallah. Woop! 😃

ReputationRep:
    You are looking at this all wrong.
    This is a typical example:
    I as an IT consultant can go anywhere in the EU and apply for a job and stand as much chance of getting that job as anyone else who applies.

If we leave the EU I will only be considered after everyone else, thus, in effect, I would not be able to work in the EU.

http://www.jobserve.com/gb/en/JobSea...3338B8D7B6D2CF
    (USA - ZERO hits, GERMANY 2,800 IT jobs available or HOLLAND 830 or FRANCE 150 in the last 7 days - Australia only permie jobs and just 300)

Its not even close.

Yet another poor person who has fallen for the brexit lies.

How many other people here will own up to being hoodwinked by brexit lies?
    Most Leavers don't have jobs or have menial jobs so don't understand what having a decent job is like.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.