Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlindingLight)
    This helps.

Are you aware of any shops where I could have a look at this phone and 'play' around with it, and have a look at the screen myself?

Also if you had to choose b/w S6/S6 edge and OnePlus 3, which one would it be?

Cheers.
    OnePlus only sell directly to consumers, so your best bet would be hoping one shows up in a local CEX.

For camera and display quality I would go for the S6 or S6 Edge (that's nothing against the OP3, Samsung simply produce the best displays and cameras of any Android manufacturer), for performance and longevity I would take the OP3, for design I would take the OP3 or S6 Edge, and for value I would take the OP3 and pocket £100+ that I could use to insure it or buy some other gadgets. It depends where your priorities lie really. *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    OnePlus only sell directly to consumers, so your best bet would be hoping one shows up in a local CEX.

For camera and display quality I would go for the S6 or S6 Edge (that's nothing against the OP3, Samsung simply produce the best displays and cameras of any Android manufacturer), for performance and longevity I would take the OP3, for design I would take the OP3 or S6 Edge, and for value I would take the OP3 and pocket £100+ that I could use to insure it or buy some other gadgets. It depends where your priorities lie really. *
    Just heard about the sRGB update in the Oneplus 3, which has significantly improved colour accuracy and display of this phone.

I think I'll be going with OP3 since S6's battery complaints have put me off quite a bit, despite it's stunning look and screen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlindingLight)
    I'm looking to buy a new phone under £450.

The features I'm looking at are:

-Excellent camera and screen
    -Good build and design, reasonably sturdy
    -Not an iPhone

Thoughts and suggestions?
    try and get something refurbished like a refurbished samsung galaxy you could get for like £400

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    try and get something refurbished like a refurbished samsung galaxy you could get for like £400
    No, not refurbished.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Can't honestly say I have any complaints with my Nexus 6P. Sold my Note 5 to get it and I don't regret it one bit.

You can buy a brand new base (32GB) model straight from Google for £450 or look around online, I got mine from eBay for around £370. If you wanted a smaller display then the 5X is an option, although it isn't as powerful (and I can't personally vouch for it).

The 6P can still go toe to toe with modern flagships and on the whole is a solid phone for me. Lack of bloatware and just generally offering the most basic of launchers that you can do what you like with are huge selling points for me. The fingerprint scanner is the best I've used (far superior to Samsung) and I also get the fastest updates, both in terms of OS and security patches since it comes straight from Google.

ReputationRep:
    With phones I'd never buy used. Bought a grade A from Cex that was faulty. Bought another grade A online that was faulty. Got money back on both of course.

ReputationRep:
    The Nexus 6P, brilliant all rounder and I have one myself.

EDIT: Have also used a 5X and it is also very solid, especially for the price. Main difference I noticed was the different build compared to the 6P, but in terms of performance, I couldn't see much difference.

ReputationRep:
    Nokia 3310

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.