Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what compromise would you accept as a REMAINER or LEAVER? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seaholme)
    The EU is unlikely to give us such a deal, even if everybody had the same anarchic point of view. It vastly overestimates the value of this country versus the 27 other countries that jointly made up the EU. They would be morons to favour a nation that just stuck two fingers up at them (and more, thanks Nigel Farage and your ridiculous display of idiocy at the European Parliament) over their own members. The idea we can possibly have this much influence on the rest of the EU is delusional.

I expect they won't even let Scotland join the EU, if it left, thanks to the example that would set for areas such as Catalunya and the North of Italy, that are already champing at the bit to leave themselves. Those countries would slam on a veto faster than you could say "och aye".

I agree it would have been better to stay in the EU, but we don't have the actual influence or power to 'take it down' with us, we're going down alone and fundamentally are going to have to beg them for some kind of decent deal. Even though it will never be as good as the deal we had and 17 million people just stuck in the bin for reasons that remain unclear.
    You really haven't researched your case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    You really haven't researched your case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well you've replied to me several times, to which I have responded with further information and asking for counterarguments; and you have responded to none of them.

Unless you intend to actually come back against what I have asserted with opposite information, then please stop pointlessly replying to me. I consider this an important issue worthy of debate not some weird kids game of "well... I think you're stupid!!1".

If you DO have something to offer as to why I am wrong, please do everybody interested in this issue a favour and actually do so. That is after all the fundamental principle of a discussion.

ReputationRep:
    Well you've replied to me several times, to which I have responded with further information and asking for counterarguments; and you have responded to none of them.

Unless you intend to actually come back against what I have asserted with opposite information, then please stop pointlessly replying to me. I consider this an important issue worthy of debate not some weird kids game of "well... I think you're stupid!!1".

If you DO have something to offer as to why I am wrong, please do everybody interested in this issue a favour and actually do so.
    Kk I'll do that when I'm next on a computer.
    (It's easy to forget to reply to everyone.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    Kk I'll do that when I'm next on a computer.
    (It's easy to forget to reply to everyone.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okeydoke, well don't forget this one. I'll reply to you now, so at least an alert may remind you later!

I have yet to see anybody actually try to make an economic case for Brexit that had any details in whatsoever. If you can make one that is convincing, maybe I can stop feeling so depressed about the rest of my life in this country.

ReputationRep:
    You have to be an EU member to adopt the Euro,
    Four non-EU states issue Euros and two more, Kosovo and Montenegro use the Euro as their currency without permission from Brussels.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.