Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Roast)

Remain campaigners calling out the quote on the battle-bus are CHERRY-PICKING.
    You're the one cherry picking. As it stands, 14% of NHS doctors and nurses are from EU regions outside of the UK. Not because "They're taking our jobs!!!!!". But because we literally don't have enough qualified workers to fill those jobs. We employ works from the EU because we have to. Not because "lol why not".

Ask yourself this. Why is it virtually every politician always wanted to the UK (or whats left of it. Scotland is inevitably gone, no matter how much you try to delude yourselves otherwise. Northern Ireland will follow) to leave the EU has also always wanted to privatize the NHS?

It's very simple. As much as we hate the majority of them, they are, at the end of the day, professionals. They are more informed than the average voter. That doesn't mean they're always right, but it's something to be aware of. I don't agree with us leaving. But even they know that once leaving the EU, the NHS will simply be unsustainable. But now that Cameron has stepped down and Boris has ruled himself out, we're more likely than ever to have an MP that will push heavily for NHS privatization. God help us if Michael Gove takes charge. Do you want to pay thousands of pounds for X-Rays or MRI scans like Americans? Because that's where you're heading. Not only that but if you thought waiting queues were long enough as it is, you're in for a hell of a surprise.

Lastly, on the topic of certain people being more informed than the average voter, ask yourself this.

Why do you think that when polling people from selected target groups (e.g economists, politicians, professors, university graduates, investment bankers), remain wins by a landslide? It's been apparent every poll I've seen. It's only when you factor in the rest of the voting population, population where the majority clearly aren't informed enough, that the leave campaign actually wins. I don't know a single person that voted remain who genuinely believed the £350mil to the NHS thing. Leavers however.... Remaining seems to be an option that's generally more popular with the more informed.

And by the way, please stop blatantly lying. It wasn't on a single bus. It's been in leaflets, buses, emails, national television, people from the leave campaign have actually came to my door to try and promote their cause while quoting that figure. It was behind Boris in one of his speeches for gods sake. If you want people ITT to take you seriously, you may want to further research into your own points. Leave used that has one of the spearheads for their campaign despite it being a clear lie. Many people who voted leave were stupid enough to believe it. Don't try and damage control by saying "a portion" of that money is fine. Even if it was, that's not what was promised by your campaign.

And as others have said, there is a 0% chance of a single market unless we bend over to the EU anyway. So I'm not really sure what you guys have achieved here. We're still obeying all their rules and immigration will be exactly the same in 20 years. If not, it'll be worse.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    TaintedLight
    Plagioclase
    I'm sure you'll be excited :rofl:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    noo I forgot Monsieur Hydeman
    I beg your forgiveness sir
    Not really, the harm has already been done. What Farage does now is absolutely irrelevant unfortunately, this is not a 'victory' of any sorts.

ReputationRep:
    Nigel has more than earned the right to do as he pleases now. He saved this country from a doomed future and history will remember him much more kindly than his present critics who ignore his sound economic arguments and would rather deride and cast aspersions on his motivations. He has achieved all he wanted which was the for the UK to leave the failed anti-democratic EU parliament, with its uber controlling grip on the UK. There is actually no valid argument for staying in the EU political club. Our hard won right to a democratic society is not for sale to those gangsters any longer. Good on him and wish him well. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him, and I hope so too. He stood up and spoke out against the powerful establishment. He was derided, assaulted, defamed, demonised, but he persevered and won the UK's freedom of future democratic self-determination, for all of us. I sincerely hope he gets the OBE he deserves for his principled, patriotic efforts.

ReputationRep:
    2 d...h... finally stepped down!
    - Nigel Farage resigns as UKIP leader
    - Chris Evans leaves top gear.

ReputationRep:
    I'd argue that Nigel Farage is one of the most influential people of the 21st Century, quite possibly the most. And whether you agree with what he stands for or not, I think you've got to admire him for the way he has stood up for what he believed in. None of this career politician crap; he stayed true to his convictions and saw them through. He didn't sugarcoat things or temper his views, he could be taken at face value because he meant what he said. If more of our politicians were of his ilk, British politics would be a far better place.

Incidentally, a couple months ago I would've described Corbyn similarly, up until he sold himself out in the EU referendum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    TaintedLight
    Plagioclase
    I'm sure you'll be excited :rofl:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    noo I forgot Monsieur Hydeman
    I beg your forgiveness sir
    Having created this mess, he no longer wants to be held accountable by the public. He is probably smart enough to know whatever he propagated won't be true (or good for the society) and wants to be out before his lies catch up.

Conveniently, the EU-bashing clown will continue to mock the institution but accept his salary regardless. What a farce! ffs!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.