The Student Room Group

~Gingerbread101's Summer Bucket List~

Scroll to see replies

Reply 61

Reading that makes me realise how truly unready I am :lol:
day 8.png
12/07/16

I was out at a friend's house today, which was great fun!

Make smoothies
One of the things I did at my friend's house was making frozen smoothies. We blended apple, raspberry, milk, yogurt and ice (with a tiny bit of icing sugar because the raspberries were very sour) and it tasted lush!
IMG_20160712_141553.jpg

Exercise and work out more
I played badminton with some friends tonight, which I think counts?! I need to get back into the habit of properly exercising however...

Song of the day: Hold Back The River ~ James Bay

Quotes

Smoothies look so good :coma:
Original post by Changing Skies
Smoothies look so good :coma:

Was so tasty and the perfect level of frozen :love:

13/07/16

I did so much today that this morning feels like it was yesterday haha. This morning I went for an induction to volunteer at the local nature reserve where they have bikes that people with disabilities come in and use (I'm going to be trained on how to set up all of the bikes and stuff), and then went into town and got my ears pierced!

Go kayaking
Tonight we went kayaking with Scouts on Derwent Water, which was great because I've not been for so long. Despite the weather being really intermittent and awful just before we went, it was actually really nice! We went around the lake for a bit and played some games and fell in, so all boxes ticked!
IMG_20160713_210636.jpg

Exercise and work out more
I think the kayaking definitely counts as exercise, and while I was at the nature reserve this morning I went out on the bikes for an hour because there weren't enough of the school staff.

Song of the day: Leeward Side ~ Josh Pyke

Quotes

(edited 7 years ago)
rsz_days_10_and_11.png
15/07/16

Sorry for the lack of an update last night! Other than the bucket list thing for the past 2 days, I also got Pokemon Go and took lots of photos of kittens! (Let me know if you want kitten spam :ninja:)

Pack for uni
I've printed off the TSR list of things to take to uni that I linked earlier, and have started highlighting things that I already have so I can keep track. I was at B&Q too and saw a cheap lamp that fitted my aesthetic (lol) so got that too!

Song of the day: Pencil Full of Lead ~ Paolo Nutini

Quotes

(edited 7 years ago)
Ok I don't know what's going on with the attachments :getmecoat:
Want kitten spam :teehee:
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Want kitten spam :teehee:

I'll send kitten spam after I get back from swimming this afternoon :mmm:
Reply 70
Wow OK
Original post by Andy98
Wow OK

What? :lol:
Screenshot_20160716-184607.jpg
Kitten spam :h:
:emog: :love:
Reply 74
Awwwwwww so cute
rsz_day_12_13_14.png
18/07/16

Sorry for not updating, I haven't been in the best place in the evenings recently- I do lots during the day but the evenings seem to get to me a bit... Any ideas of things I can do in the evening that doesn't just involve sitting around?

Go swimming once a week
I went swimming again on Saturday (almost didn't manage to do it last week!), and did 70 lengths in about 40 minutes and then had to stop because I was meeting a friend in town. I didn't go as fast as I did the time before, but I was still pleased with it. That night I went to a Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter themed dress up party and had a great time!

Do some initial reading for uni
I've started reading a book called 'Eve was Framed' about the relationship between the Law and women, which is really interesting. Someone I know at Church also gave me a big book called 'Understanding Deviance' which is about the sociological background of crime and criminology so I'll start reading that soon.

Song of the day: Mexico ~ The Staves

Quotes

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
:emog: :love:

Original post by Aph
Awwwwwww so cute

One of them has been sold now, and the other is in the process of being sold :h: they were rescued at 5 weeks old from being left on the edge of a river in a bag :cry2:
Original post by Gingerbread101
rsz_day_12_13_14.png
18/07/16

Sorry for not updating, I haven't been in the best place in the evenings recently- I do lots during the day but the evenings seem to get to me a bit... Any ideas of things I can do in the evening that doesn't just involve sitting around?

Go swimming once a week
I went swimming again on Saturday (almost didn't manage to do it last week!), and did 70 lengths in about 40 minutes and then had to stop because I was meeting a friend in town. I didn't go as fast as I did the time before, but I was still pleased with it. That night I went to a Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter themed dress up party and had a great time!

Do some initial reading for uni
I've started reading a book called 'Eve was Framed' about the relationship between the Law and women, which is really interesting. Someone I know at Church also gave me a big book called 'Understanding Deviance' which is about the sociological background of crime and criminology so I'll start reading that soon.

Song of the day: Mexico ~ The Staves

Quotes

I do a lot of sitting around in evenings watching netflix but if you're getting restless you could try geocaching or PokemonGo, I usually just run around outside with my cat like a loon or go for a drive to see people. If no one is free and I'm really bored then I go to sainsbury's and come up with new recipe ideas :P
Original post by Gingerbread101
One of them has been sold now, and the other is in the process of being sold :h: they were rescued at 5 weeks old from being left on the edge of a river in a bag :cry2:

They're actually mine... They just haven't realised that yet. :sly:
Original post by Queen Cersei
I do a lot of sitting around in evenings watching netflix but if you're getting restless you could try geocaching or PokemonGo, I usually just run around outside with my cat like a loon or go for a drive to see people. If no one is free and I'm really bored then I go to sainsbury's and come up with new recipe ideas :P

When my data refreshes next week I'm going to go out more to catch Pokemon I think :ninja: For now though, I think I might try to get back into yoga and exercising :smile:
Original post by iEthan
They're actually mine... They just haven't realised that yet. :sly:

Get yourself up to Cumbria and get the one that's left, it's the cuter one :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest