Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else laugh at people who put their career over everything Watch

ReputationRep:
    No, not really. Some people strive to be the best of the best and have tons of ambitions like fuel to keep them running. Its a personality thing. They may be no point but it may be happiness for the person doing it. I'm not really ambition person myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsapRocky)
    I laugh at these people its sad really that peoples main goal in life is getting ahead in their career and having a fancy job title and a nice looking computer to use at work. Unless you are doing a job saving lives, whats the point? Who are you really helping? Who will remember what a great employee you were in 100 years time?
    End of the day youre gonna die and be forgotten about and your NI number will be recycled for the next slave. I just laugh at some of the people at work slaving away at the office churning out numbers thinking this is as good as it gets.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Depends on the career tbh. Though I suppose that makes me a hypocrite since I value the quantum world over my own life and have already dedicated my whole existence to studying it. But honestly, if you haven't watched a superfluid climbing up walls then you haven't lived.

No.

Everyone has their own priorities and passions. To a person who prioritizes their career, reaching where they want to get is most likely a worthwhile purpose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Meritocrat)
    Attachment 559176

u jelly? :dance:
    ur mousemat is a bit rubbish *

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.